100 free eMusic songs w/ Path of Neo

regisphilbi0

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I just saw this- preorder The Matrix: Path of Neo and get 100 free songs from eMusic. Not a bade deal (its $25 worth in songs) if you've already used your free trial. They have some really awesome stuff on eMusic, too- Bloc Party, Arcade Fire, DJ Tiesto, etc.

[quote name='whitereflection']Did anyone actually try the trial? I wanna know if you had trouble canceling your subscription before I try it.[/QUOTE]

I did it. I had no problem cancelling before the end of the (free) month. Of course, I'd also recommend that you search through their catalog of songs before signing up (just to line up your 100 tracks beforehand, which expedites the process).

In fact, a few months ago (I originally signed up back in Feb. '05), eMusic offered to let me re-sign up for the service for another free month. Of course, that was only for 40-50 downloads (can't remember).....but after signing up for the 100 d/l package (having $10 unknowingly charged to my credit card), and a conversation with customer service, they gave me the full 100 downloads for free the second time around.

The best part of eMusic - for me - isn't actually music, but comedy: the entire slate of Comedy Central Records albums are on the site, as well as earlier comedy albums from Mitch Hedberg, Kathleen Madigan, George Carlin, etc. (Absolutely recommend Dane Cook's albums.)

[quote name='whitereflection']Did anyone actually try the trial? I wanna know if you had trouble canceling your subscription before I try it.[/QUOTE]

You won't want to cancel.

Also, you can get the 100 DL offer from 50 packs of Verbatim CDrs right now as well. Best Buy had the spindle for dirt cheap last week which sweetened the pot!

Grrr... I did the 50 track trial a month or two ago... I wonder how long until I can do it again.

But what a great company - they actually have the music in a format we want. No crappy DRM!

bread's done
Back