$100 iTunes gift card for $80 at Best Buy. $60 orders being cancelled.

Kendro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
64 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Apple&#...18459173264&skuId=4173314&st=itunes&cp=1&lp=1

The iTunes gift cards are now available for $80. Not as hot as $60 but still better than paying 100% for iTunes purchases.

For some reason it is only charging $60 when you add it to the cart. I consider this video game related for all those iOS games.

Must add to your cart to see the $60. I tried adding two cards but it charged $80 for one card and $60 for the other. So it looks like you need to create multiple orders if you want them at $60 each.

I received the following email for my $60 order.

Dear Customer,

There was a pricing error on the Apple iTunes $100 digital card (sku 4173314); as a result, your order will be canceled. This error has been corrected on BestBuy.com, and the item now reflects the sale price of $80.00. If you are still interested in this item please click here to view details and to place a new order.

We are sorry for this error and apologize for any inconvenience.
If you used a credit card for this order and have questions about the cancellation process, please click here. If you used a Best Buy gift card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we will send you a replacement.

If you have any questions concerning our policies, please review the "Conditions of Use" which are found at www.BestBuy.com.

Best Buy Customer Service

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting cancellation e-mails now. I ordered three and have gotten two cancellations due to "not being able to verify my information" passive aggressive Best Buy BS. It's funny because they had no problem verifying the SAME store information for orders placed a few minutes before and a few minutes after

Edit: 3 / 3 were cancelled. I wish they'd just man up and say it was a pricing error. It's a pet peeve of mine when a company tries to throw the fault back on the consumer (unable to verify my information; like I entered it incorrectly) rather then just say the made a mistake

This is crazy, I ordered this and Xbox live codes as soon as the first post was made, there were not even comments on the page. I got the iTunes code 16 minutes after I ordered it, which no one else seemed to be able to get. However I haven't received a single live code and I ordered 6.

I guess the real question is, who's gonna jump on the $80 deal? $60 was a no brainer but now I'm a little hesitant. Then again, I have the feeling that if this $60 fiasco never happened, I still would have bought it at $80. Just can't shake the feeling of "losing" $20.

Dear Customer,

There was a pricing error on the Apple iTunes $100 digital card (sku 4173314); as a result, your order will be canceled. This error has been corrected on BestBuy.com, and the item now reflects the sale price of $80.00. If you are still interested in this item please click here to view details and to place a new order.

fuck BB-

Dear Customer,
We are sorry for this error and apologize for any inconvenience.
If you used a credit card for this order and have questions about the cancellation process, please click here. If you used a Best Buy gift card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we will send you a replacement.
If you have any questions concerning our policies, please review the "Conditions of Use" which are found at www.BestBuy.com.

so will the rz points just come back to the account or am i allowed to use my $35 reward zone certificate again?

Got my cancellation, as well. I'm sick of the crappy way bestbuy.com operates. I don't care that they canceled the deal, but why do they have to charge my card beforehand? I just took a few minutes to cook up a complaint e-mail:

Hello,

Last night I ordered a $100 iTunes gift card for $60, and this morning I found my order was canceled AFTER my card was charged due to the deal actually being a pricing error. I completely understand that pricing errors happen, and that you reserve the right to cancel orders when they do, but canceling an order after charging my card is unacceptable practice as far as I'm concerned.

Not only did you not honor your pricing, but you've charged my card anyway, and now I'm out $60 for the big Black Friday weekend until the refund is processed back to my card.

As a loyal customer who has spent many, many thousands of dollars at your store over the last few years, I'm very disappointed with the way this was handled, and just wanted to express my dissatisfaction with this e-mail.

On a related note. I strongly suggest that you change your website's payment system, as you are one of the few websites that charge, or place holds/"feelers" on accounts for every order, even before it ships. There have been instances where I'd get holds on my account for pre-ordering something that doesn't release until months later, mere seconds after placing my order, and it's just ridiculous.

As much as I have had excellent customer service experiences in the Best Buy store that I frequent, and value your Reward Zone system, your website and the way it operates, and especially your flawed in-store pick-up system all leave a lot to be desired.

I hope these complaints are taken to heart, and something is done to make your website a better place to shop.

Thank You,

@kitoro
I know exactly how you feel. I'm out like $300 for this weekend because best buy cancelled several of my orders on monday yet still processed my card. I guess technically they are just holding the funds but they should have been gone by now.

cancelled....love how people have been gobbling all over BestBuy's junk so far this week and then they blame this price mistake on an error credit card verifications. Don't trust this company one bit.

What upsets me is that I ordered rather quickly, told a few relatives and they ordered after me. You'd think I would get mine first, but no they got their cards. But not I, no I get the cancellation. Too bad premier support is not in today. I'll be giving them a piece of my mind tomorrow.

I got one cancellation email for one of the orders. Both are still open. Does that mean they have my money on hold and I need to manually cancel them?
I placed an order for one card, this is what my Dad was going to get, unfortunately, and a deal is still a deal.

No one should really be pissed about the cancellation itself, everyone knew this was a price mistake going in (if you didn't you're crazy). I can understand frustration over them charging immediately if you have a tight budget, but it was probably done because it was a digital purchase vs something they can charge when it "ships"

I had to manually cancel my own order to get the refund back to my gift card. I'm sure they eventually would have gotten around to it, but if you want your funds back quick, I would manually cancel.

Screw Best Buy, it's one thing to cancel an order, it's another to charge my card for it and then cancel ... and leave it on the customer to clean up the mess. I had planned to visit Best Buy at midnight ... now I'm staying home and doing all my shopping on Amazon. fuck em

I don't understand why would anyone buy music on Itunes when you can get unlimited music through Zune Pass for $9.99 a month. I can easily download all new music on Tuesday, move it to my Zune and enjoy while driving in my car or anywhere else I please including my XBOX 360...

[quote name='oasisboy']I don't understand why would anyone buy music on Itunes when you can get unlimited music through Zune Pass for $9.99 a month. I can easily download all new music on Tuesday, move it to my Zune and enjoy while driving in my car or anyone else I please including my XBOX 360...[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure 99% of people buying iTunes cards are using it to buy Apps.

[quote name='Wario64']I'm pretty sure 99% of people buying iTunes cards are using it to buy Apps.[/QUOTE]

Apps are overrated. If I need anything just use my web browser on the phone. Done. Need directions? Mapquest.com, need the weather? weather.com, need to shop? amazon.com

And so on and so on.

[quote name='oasisboy']I don't understand why would anyone buy music on Itunes when you can get unlimited music through Zune Pass for $9.99 a month. I can easily download all new music on Tuesday, move it to my Zune and enjoy while driving in my car or anyone else I please including my XBOX 360...[/QUOTE]

That sounds awesome, for the seven people who own a zune.

[quote name='oasisboy']Apps are overrated. If I need anything just use my web browser on the phone. Done. Need directions? Mapquest.com, need the weather? weather.com, need to shop? amazon.com

And so on and so on.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you're one of those people.

[quote name='Wario64']Oh, you're one of those people.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am normal and don't need a phone with apps. Just give me a phone to make calls and a browser. Keep life simple.

[quote name='outunderstars']That sounds awesome, for the seven people who own a zune.[/QUOTE]

The 7 of us aren't suckers paying Apple $9.99 per album from Itunes. Also not a slave paying insane amounts for overpriced apple products. Have fun giving your money to Jobs' family.

[quote name='oasisboy']Yes, I am normal and don't need a phone with apps. Just give me a phone to make calls and a browser. Keep life simple.

The 7 of us aren't suckers paying Apple $9.99 per album from Itunes. Also not a slave paying insane amounts for overpriced apple products. Have fun giving your money to Jobs' family.[/QUOTE]
Ignorance is bliss, ignorance is love and I need that shit...

[quote name='oasisboy']Apps are overrated. If I need anything just use my web browser on the phone. Done. Need directions? Mapquest.com, need the weather? weather.com, need to shop? amazon.com

[quote name='Wario64']Oh, you're one of those people.[/QUOTE]

This may sound crazy but there are a few games that you can get on your iPhone as well. Being a CAG I would hope you would have understood that that is where the vast majority of our iTunes credits are going.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']This may sound crazy but there are a few games that you can get on your iPhone as well. Being a CAG I would hope you would have understood that that is where the vast majority of our iTunes credits are going.[/QUOTE]

Even then, the examples he provided has free apps for that kind of thing. And who uses mobile web for that kind of crap?

Didn't realize that you could run games on your Zune.

[quote name='oasisboy']The 7 of us aren't suckers paying Apple $9.99 per album from Itunes. Also not a slave paying insane amounts for overpriced apple products. Have fun giving your money to Jobs' family.[/QUOTE]

I think your anger is a little misguided. I understand if people don't want to pay for stuff and pirate everything. But it isn't a simple, "I'm not giving Steve Jobs nothing!"

The people that actually get screwed are the artists, developers, recording industries, etc. Again, not judging but Jobs and Apple is a small part. If I'm a musician or developer, I'm furious enough as it is if people are downloading my music and stealing my apps for free. But I'd be ten times as pissed if they were doing it only to screw Apple and not realize that I get screwed too.

[quote name='Wario64']Even then, the examples he provided has free apps for that kind of thing. And who uses mobile web for that kind of crap?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I use the Amazon app, Weather Channel app, and the Google Maps apps all the time. But those are freebies so I didn't want to inlcude those in the argument. I've actually only bought a select few non-gaming apps. Tune In Radio is a fantastic substitute since the iPhone doesn't have a radio antenna.

Bah, cancelled.

[quote name='Kendro']I guess the real question is, who's gonna jump on the $80 deal? $60 was a no brainer but now I'm a little hesitant. Then again, I have the feeling that if this $60 fiasco never happened, I still would have bought it at $80. Just can't shake the feeling of "losing" $20.[/QUOTE]
I feel exactly the same way. I'm thinking I might get it anyway since I have Best Buy credit. I knew I shouldn't have used my gift card credit, as it ended up being in limbo when the other sales went live and I couldn't use it for those. (Not sure if I'd be able to type in all those digits correctly at 4AM in the morning, anyway)

I got a cancellation notice... but also received my code for the order. Did anyone else actually receive their code from this deal along with the cancellation notice?

Haven't tried redeeming the code yet... not really sure how to proceed. If they refund my charge but the code is valid, then I'll essentially be stealing it (which obviously I don't want), so I guess I'll wait this out to see whether they refund the $60 to my charge card.

bread's done
Back