$100 MK Klassic & Tournament Fight sticks(PS3/X360) @ Gamestop

I have the tournament stick and that thing is sweet. Looks really sleek and I love how it opens up to create a little storage space.

I've got both versions & even at the original $130 price, it's mos def well worth it especially considering for the same arcade quality parts from a reputable custom joystick maker (Arcade-In-A-Box, etc.), it'd be $150+. FWIW, I prefer the original tournament stick over the Klassic since (as Karatebear stated) there's an internal storage area with a latch for your detachable USB cable, room for a few games in addition to a clear lexan you can checkout (& swap) the Happ parts. None of this is available on the Klassic although the MK1 artwork & individual serial # are cool.

MKKlassicFightstickpic7.jpg

MKKlassicFightstickpic6.jpg

I believe the Klassic sticks also come with a download code for the Mortal Kombat Kollection (MK1-3) included in the box..

I agree that the tournament one is better with the storage and ability to easily swap out parts if need be.

[quote name='TJKitsune']I believe the Klassic sticks also come with a download code for the Mortal Kombat Kollection (MK1-3) included in the box..

I agree that the tournament one is better with the storage and ability to easily swap out parts if need be.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I think the MK Kollection (1, 2 & UMK3) cost $10 - $15 online. Playing those games with these sticks brings back great memories of my childhood at 7-11! Nostalgia FTW, LOL! I also have a Madcatz TE rd 2 w/their MK panel & it just doesn't feel the same even though those Sanwa buttons are hella responsive. Back then, the MK arcade machines in my area (SoCal) used a Happ (Euro) stick & these same exact concave buttons. I guess that's why I wanna sell that Madcatz stick, haha!

[quote name='TJKitsune']I believe the Klassic sticks also come with a download code for the Mortal Kombat Kollection (MK1-3) included in the box..

I agree that the tournament one is better with the storage and ability to easily swap out parts if need be.[/QUOTE]So I guess the MK Kollection will be included on the disc when the complete MK9 comes out probably sometime between Jan-Mar. so I would probably sell the code plus I already have the midway collection on PSP.

[quote name='Enuf']So I guess the MK Kollection will be included on the disc when the complete MK9 comes out probably sometime between Jan-Mar. so I would probably sell the code plus I already have the midway collection on PSP.[/QUOTE]

Why would you assume MK Kollection would be included? It's not DLC for the game.

[quote name='Enuf']So I guess the MK Kollection will be included on the disc when the complete MK9 comes out probably sometime between Jan-Mar. so I would probably sell the code plus I already have the midway collection on PSP.[/QUOTE]
Whoa whoa. There's gonna be a complete MK9 rerelease? Source? My google skills are failing me...

[quote name='bojay1997']Why would you assume MK Kollection would be included? It's not DLC for the game.[/QUOTE]reading the tea leafs... since the demand for MK9 was very very good, the fact that they even had it as DLC in the 1st place, Midway tends to be much more "consumer friendly/minded" than say Capcom & guess which MK title is STILL the highest selling MK game MK trilogy(although in all fairness I believe all the MK's have been undertracked by whole regions). Not to mention, this has sold far more than MVC3 & they already have UMVC3 out. But just my opinion I still won't be surprised at all when it's announced though.
http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals...sole=&genre=&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Total

[quote name='VidPower']Whoa whoa. There's gonna be a complete MK9 rerelease? Source? My google skills are failing me...[/QUOTE]come on you know it is your a smart CAG & this is the only recent established fighter that hasn't had a re-release they're not going to miss out on all those extra sales. This is exactly how they'll market/sell it to the non CAG public;
MK9 Komplete edition w/all the DLC on the disk + the original best selling MK trilogy for even EXTRA value all for the truly Klassic price of $49.99 or $39.99. If they REALLY wanted to be @sses they could offer a $75 MK9 Komplete CE w/a LE fight pad/stick & still sell another 500,000 units. But that's something more along the lines of Capcom.

LA Noire complete, UMVC3, RDR complete & you already know UC3/Batman AC/AC:R/Saint's Row will have a GOTY/complete ones too

the quality of the parts are horrendous. HAPP became such a crap company. Had to get IL parts and the stick feels a ton better. if you guys get one of these and are serious about the stick..get the parts and mod it. It does a world of difference.

[quote name='integralsmatic']the quality of the parts are horrendous. HAPP became such a crap company. Had to get IL parts and the stick feels a ton better. if you guys get one of these and are serious about the stick..get the parts and mod it. It does a world of difference.[/QUOTE]

I agree...but I prefer Sanwa & Seimitsu over both Happ & iL. Also, I'm too lazy to swap them out, LOL!

Got this stick for $50-60 in the great BB sale of yesteryear. Haven't used it yet. It is HUGE compared to my street fighter 4 stick which i modded with colorful sanwa buttons.

I got one during the BB sale too, and while it's a neat novelty, the parts are garbage. Happ just isn't what they used to be. I like the actual housing though; so solid and high quality and the inside compartment is neat.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']I agree...but I prefer Sanwa & Seimitsu over both Happ & iL. Also, I'm too lazy to swap them out, LOL![/QUOTE]

but of course...but for this stick i wanted to keep the american feel to it. The IL buttons and stick impressed me a ton.

yeah its a bitch to mod it. They put SO MANY screws. It actually wanted to make me invest in an electric screwdriver.

just curious to those who are jumping on this.. are you getting it JUST for MK? I was thinking about getting one but the button layout is fail for most fighting games. It doesn't seem usefull for anything other than MK

Also im seeing a lot of people say HAP has gone to crap and the quality isn't there

i've used the MK stick i bought during release for the namco arcade bundle and other games similar. i.e. galaga, pac man, dig dug etc. works like a charm.

I have the 360 Klassic stick, and on the front it says that it's number xxxx/6000. Were there only 6,000 of these made? TIA.

[quote name='nas6034']Got this stick for $50-60 in the great BB sale of yesteryear. Haven't used it yet. It is HUGE compared to my street fighter 4 stick which i modded with colorful sanwa buttons.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MoxManiac_']I got one during the BB sale too, and while it's a neat novelty, the parts are garbage. Happ just isn't what they used to be. I like the actual housing though; so solid and high quality and the inside compartment is neat.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='integralsmatic']but of course...but for this stick i wanted to keep the american feel to it. The IL buttons and stick impressed me a ton.

yeah its a bitch to mod it. They put SO MANY screws. It actually wanted to make me invest in an electric screwdriver.[/QUOTE]

That's a heck of a deal for $50 - $60! And yes, Happ isn't what they use to be. Everyone points to the fact after Happ Controls merged with Suzo (now called Suzo-Happ Group), their quality has gone down hill mainly due to manufacturing now taking place in China. The original manufacturer was iL in Europe for many of Happ parts (Comp stick & buttons). For those that want the quality OG stuff, get an iL Euro stick & buttons.

I agree, I prefer the good old American feel (for MK) especially since the local MK arcade machines back in the day near me all used Happ (iL Euro stick & buttons) hence the reason my Madcatz (Sanwa-based) version is for sale.

[quote name='Kenshindono']just curious to those who are jumping on this.. are you getting it JUST for MK? I was thinking about getting one but the button layout is fail for most fighting games. It doesn't seem usefull for anything other than MK

Also im seeing a lot of people say HAP has gone to crap and the quality isn't there[/QUOTE]

[quote name='100xp']i've used the MK stick i bought during release for the namco arcade bundle and other games similar. i.e. galaga, pac man, dig dug etc. works like a charm.[/QUOTE]

As 100xp said, you should feel comfy using it with non-fighting games but it'll suck using it for Street Fighter, etc.

[quote name='jkimrey']I have the 360 Klassic stick, and on the front it says that it's number xxxx/6000. Were there only 6,000 of these made? TIA.[/QUOTE]

Yes, supposedly there was only 6000 made although I'm not sure if that's total or per console. You can see it in my 2nd pic too. What serial number is yours? As for the original TE stick, they said there was only 20k produced.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back