$100 Nintendo DS at Target B&M w/ DEC Catalog (YMMV)

FatBoyInside

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
Sweetness! The upcoming TARGET stores monthly catalog "GATHER AROUND" December issue reveals a $99.99 price-tag for the Nintendo DS system. You can observe the caption thru this link (scroll to pg.56 and click on the child with the blue DS) :

http://catalog.target.com/december/.../kidscatalog/flash/toycatalog/&versionnum=1.4

UPDATE: Appears to be an ad misprint, but Target stores WILL HONOR $99.99 DS price (provided that you have the December catalog on-hand or want to attempt an online print-out). For more details, look here:
http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000563069679

I was able to verify this deal using the original catalog with no hassles, but YMMV if you decide to use a print-out. Good luck and the promotion ends Dec.12.

UPDATE #2: I guess they already corrected the price for the DS on their website's online catalog, but you can still utilize the Target Guest Relations hotline number to authenticate the mis-price. It seems the promotion now ends Dec.5. Good luck.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Sweetness! The upcoming TARGET stores monthly catalog "GATHER AROUND" December issue reveals a $99.99 price-tag for the Nintendo DS system. You can observe the caption thru this link (scroll to pg.56 and click on the child with the blue DS) :

http://catalog.target.com/december/.../kidscatalog/flash/toycatalog/&versionnum=1.4

Hopefully, this won't just be a Target markdown exclusive or ad mis-print.[/QUOTE]

lol i think we crashed the target server

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Sweetness! The upcoming TARGET stores monthly catalog "GATHER AROUND" December issue reveals a $99.99 price-tag for the Nintendo DS system. You can observe the caption thru this link (scroll to pg.56 and click on the child with the blue DS) :

Hopefully, this won't just be a Target markdown exclusive or ad mis-print.[/QUOTE]
Crap... does GameRush/Blockbuster pricematch within 30 days? :p If we knew it was, say... first week of December, I have no problem waiting, but I don't want to wait a month longer...

This worries me a little bit (from the Terms and Conditions):
Prices in this catalog are good through 12/24/05. Prices are regular prices at time of publication. Periodically some merchandise may go on sale or prices may be reduced. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this catalog, descriptive, typographic and photographic errors are subject to correction and Target shall have no liability of any kind for such errors.
Unless Target is dropping the price on the DS in the next week or so, 99.99 isn't the regular price.

I already have a DS but this is a great deal for everyone else:
fygayc.jpg

[quote name='pop311']Will this be the best DS deal out there?[/QUOTE]
Well, any of the $150 bundle deals (Nintendogs, Mario Kart) basically work out to a DS for $115 or $120, so yes.

[quote name='the ender']Gripes, I know where my X-mas money is headed.....[/QUOTE]
ditto

there have been some sweet games i've been wanting to try out.

This 'Instore only' gives me hope, as most of the other items on the page can be ordered online because they're already the listed catalog price. I missed out on the Meijer $99.99 DS deal TWICE, so I REALLY hope that it's $99.99 in December! :D

I don't want to burst your bubbles but I highly doubt this will be true. If they drop the price of the DS, they will have to drop the price of the micro and the SP. I don't think Nintendo is ready to do that.

cool find OP.

but i think it wont happen. imo they are already selling extremely well without mario kart, without castle and now with alot of new games coming out they're selling even more. 150 bux for system with either mario kart or nintendogs i think is a pretty good price set considering the psp is still at 250. if you think about it nintendo has no reason for a price drop at all. and really they just did the 20 dollar price drop not too long ago.

imo with the psp set at 250, nintendo is sitting comfortable for a long time at a 129.99 price point.

that's my 2 cents.

I was debating to get either a DS or a 360 (apples and oranges, I know...I just wanted to buy something). If this ends up being true, I guess my decision is made.

Odds are on a misprint. Why drop before Xmas and why have the same price as the Micro?. Your best bet would be a Price Match with the catalog or with Target themselves if they honor the price.

Catalog Terms and Conditions:

Prices in this catalog are good through 12/24/05. Prices are regular prices at time of publication. Periodically some merchandise may go on sale or prices may be reduced. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this catalog, descriptive, typographic and photographic errors are subject to correction and Target shall have no liability of any kind for such errors.

Doesn't hurt to try...

Why do people think it is a misprint? it says it clearly on Target's Christmas catalog. It's not like it's half price. It's just 30 dollars cheaper.

I would say what probly hapend is they accidently listed the gameboy micro price under the ds just a mixup misprint..we will see.

This is very likely a Target specific deal -- i agree that it's prob. not a price drop. the fact is the psp is getting its butt whipped here in the US -- the DS is demonstrating that it has the games and the innovation that it touted at the beginning. The PSP, on the other hand, while def. a slick gadget, hasn't impressed many gamers.

I still think the PSP is a beautiful machine capable of putting up a formidable fight but its losiing the fight -- mostly b/c Sony keeps advertising its multiple functions rather than its games ... that simply isn't going to drive game sales, and so long as that continues, the ugly combination of game development costs plus mediocre game sales projections won't help the PSP gain more ground.

[quote name='romeogbs19']This is very likely a Target specific deal .[/QUOTE]

Everything in the catalog is regular price and there are no sale items in the catalog. Misprint all the way.

I chose DS due to 2 reasons.

1) Price - DS is cheaper and games are cheaper.

2) PSP games that are out so far just don't appeal to me. What good games do they have? I have GTA on my PC (I know it's a different GTA story but it sounds like the same kind of game as Vice City). That's the only game that has a great review and the upcoming PSP games don't excite me at all.

Damn, thats a sweet deal. Gotta get one for Christmas. It's just the system alone right? Not the Nintendog bundle or anything like that?

This looks like the breaking point for me to buy a DS. Even though I was considering getting a PSP all year. As for seeing this catalog in print it should be mailed out to Target card customers the first week of December. Since I received my November catalog around the same time that month. For people who are thinking about price matching.

[quote name='roguejedi5']This looks like the breaking point for me to buy a DS. Even though I was considering getting a PSP all year. As for seeing this catalog in print it should be mailed out to Target card customers the first week of December. Since I received my November catalog around the same time that month. For people who are thinking about price matching.[/QUOTE]

I was just going to ask how did people get this advertisement? Is being a Target card customer the only way to get this? (Will they have them in-store?)

You poor bastards don't know what you're missing, you need a DS and Mario Kart DS now. Even if this deal ends up being for real, you're saving 15 dollars over the Mario Kart bundle. A special Mario Kart edition DS and all that extra time with MKDS is so worth $15.

[quote name='jj984jj']Oh snap, is Nintendo getting that desperate against the PSP to let them give it the same price as Micro?[/QUOTE]

the DS has outsold the psp in japan and america, i think this is just a target sale

[quote name='Skelah']I would say what probly hapend is they accidently listed the gameboy micro price under the ds just a mixup misprint..we will see.[/QUOTE]

The micro *is* listed right next to the DS, so I could see it going both ways.

Here's to hoping! Now to convince my wife... :)

[quote name='SpoDaddy']You poor bastards don't know what you're missing, you need a DS and Mario Kart DS now. Even if this deal ends up being for real, you're saving 15 dollars over the Mario Kart bundle. A special Mario Kart edition DS and all that extra time with MKDS is so worth $15.[/QUOTE]
The MK bundle doesn't come out till the 28th. So if this is out the first week of December, I think I can afford to wait a week. I guess instead of getting DS+MK for $60 (translated into $160 GR credit), I can get my DS for $100, and buy $160 worth of DS games at GR, if they even have that many.

Might get my hands on a DS now with that price, hopefully I'll be able to recover from my bank account being raped due to the Xbox 360.

Um 3 days of Mario Kart DS isn't worth $15. I'm putting it on my christmas list so it doesn't matter to me when santa buys it lol

bread's done
Back