$100 off PS3 at GS/EB with PS2 trade-in

Skexis

CAGiversary!
Got an email today about Gamestop's promo right now.

For a limited time, receive $100 Off your in-store purchase of either PS3 with trade-in of a PS2 system, a 2nd Sony brand PS2 controller and 1 PS2 8 meg memory card.

Not a bad deal by itself, but with 10% extra trade-in coupon, as well as Edge card stacking, this might be worth looking into for those of you pining for a PS3.

Anybody know how the 10% works with the $100 off?

Weekly ad isn't out yet, so no link, sorry.

Actually, the weekly ad came out yesterday, and this deal is just a repost from the previous week's promotion... apparently, not enough people used it before, so they've extended it for the time being.

Not really a good deal since a PS2, second Sony controller and a memory card of any kind actually cost more than $100, regardless of what GameStop thinks are "good deals" for trade-in values.

Not to mention the glaring problems the PS3 has with backwards compatibility with certain PS1/PS2 games.

[quote name='Tsukento']Not really a good deal since a PS2, second Sony controller and a memory card of any kind actually cost more than $100, regardless of what GameStop thinks are "good deals" for trade-in values.

Not to mention the glaring problems the PS3 has with backwards compatibility with certain PS1/PS2 games.[/QUOTE]

Well, I've heard the majority of games work, but not how well they work. Is there a running compatibility list on a website anywhere that details which games are problem games?

Any equipment fails after a certain amount of use.

Why would you use a $600 piece of equipment to run software that will run on a $100 piece of equipment?

OR (in layman's terms)

Why would you run PS2 games on a PS3?

The only answer I can think of is clutter in your home.

I think this deal speaks more to the desperation of major retailers trying to sell PS3s.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']

I think this deal speaks more to the desperation of major retailers trying to sell PS3s.[/QUOTE]

If this were the case, why are they offering a similar deal on the Wii?

EB/Gamestop did the same thing for the XBox360. Lets all settle down with the "no one is buying a PS3" stuff. Just because Sony can get their units in the stores doesnt make it a failure. Yet.

Yeah, didn't know PS3s costed $720 if six PS2s costed the same amount as one PS3. Besides, why would anyone have six PS2s to trade in? Why would they trade in six of them to begin with?

Thanks...but I think I'm gonna hold on to my PS2 for now. I'm willing to wait until the PS3 is worth $250 or less. If they would only do this with the Xbox & Xbox 360...

[quote name='abitteroldman']If this were the case, why are they offering a similar deal on the Wii?

EB/Gamestop did the same thing for the XBox360. Lets all settle down with the "no one is buying a PS3" stuff. Just because Sony can get their units in the stores doesnt make it a failure. Yet.[/QUOTE]

They DO have a similar deal on the Wii. "Earn a $50 credit towards the purchase of a new Wii system when you trade-in your old GameCube." This was also on the ad. They're also doing a $50 credit on a new or used DS when you trade in a GB SP and 10% Off when you buy 2 or more Used GameCube, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color or GameBoy games.

bread's done
Back