$100 off Wii, PS3, or XB360 with PS2 System Trade-In @ GameCrazy B&M

I just need to find a sony 8mb memory card for cheap.. i bought a third party madcatz one back in the day..

That is pretty good, too bad both of the GCs in my area shut down. I could make a trip to another one but I would be worried about buying a warranty from them.

My buddy just traded in his ps2, memory card, 2 controlllers and some games for like $50 trade in credit at gamestop.. guess i won't tell him about this deal.

Hmmm, no restrictions besides sports? Gamecrazy has a shelf of 4 for 10$ PS2 games.

Do they test the PS2s and make sure they work?

does legends of wrestling count as a sports game? unfortunately i only have these 5 titles
Kingdom Hearts
NFL 2k3
Legends Of Wrestling
GTA: San Andreas
The Getaway

other than that "hurdle" i have a practically new ps2 phat still in the box... what does the ps2 normally trade in for anywho?

[quote name='SkeletonBrute']I might bite on this one, been kinda wanting a PS3, now I have to go look at which are backwards compatible to play PS2 games[/quote]

none are fully compatible except the 60 gig which they stopped making

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']none are fully compatible except the 60 gig which they stopped making[/quote]

Actually the original 20 gig model was 100% compatible as well.;) But yes, only the launch models had the actual ps2 hardware/emotion engine/chip hidden inside. That explains why I had to pay $599.00 for my LAUNCH 60 gig model ! :lol:

Ouch I traded in my extra Slim Line a month ago and got $40 for it. I would have done this deal and picked up a 360 since I have been wanting one.

[quote name='coma8']How long does this last? So for the trade in I could do Animal Crossing DS and get $20 back?[/quote]
:whistle2:s

Aah, the TiV in the link, I see. Assuming that the price is valid, you would get that in store credit, not cash.

Can you combine - i.e. $50 for the Xbox plus $100 for the PS2 for a total of $150? Would probably have to dump some Xbox games anyway since some of those games aren't compatible on the 360 (i.e. Otogi)

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Receive $100 off a next-gen console (Wii, PS3, or XB360 systems) if you trade in the following:

PS2 Console (fat or slim acceptable)
[/quote]

I was just there and they said this was for the slim only.

Hoping this guy on CL emails me back. He had his slim up there with controller and cables for $30.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this include the holiday pack? An extra 360 for $150 is pretty tempting(buddy offered me his slim ps2, card, games for $50).

[quote name='JacobBlossom']How long will this deal last?[/quote]

When I did mine the guy said it was good until the first week of December.

[quote name='qwikstreet']I was just there and they said this was for the slim only.

Hoping this guy on CL emails me back. He had his slim up there with controller and cables for $30.[/quote]

I traded in a FAT firstgen system.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']I might try this. Any 4 PS2 game, no restrictions? Really?[/quote]

Yep. Any four games that they take. According to the guy I talked to the only games they don't take are sports games 2004 or earlier.

I wonder if the $50 Xbox trade-in can be combined with this.

Of course, I already own all three new gen consoles, so this deal is useless to me. While my old consoles collect dust...

Are these stores able to flip these old used consoles pretty well?

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I wonder if the $50 Xbox trade-in can be combined with this.

Of course, I already own all three new gen consoles, so this deal is useless to me. While my old consoles collect dust...

Are these stores able to flip these old used consoles pretty well?[/quote]

At the cost of $100 and the ability to make a profit. I doubt it. The local store here has slim PS2s for 59-69. Depending on the games they get with it, it would make it hard to make up the difference. Not to mention how long they will sit there.

I just picked up a fat PS2 (complete, unknown if it works but it powers on) and a PSone on CL for 20 total.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I wonder if the $50 Xbox trade-in can be combined with this.[/quote]

According to the guy at my local GC, you can.

They were out of the 360 arcade that I wanted to use this on, so I'm going to check again before Sunday.

[quote name='qwikstreet']When you trade in, do you need to use it right away or do they give you a voucher to buy the console at a later date?[/quote]

You have to use it right away. At least that's what I was told.

I am pretty sure Gamestop is selling used PS2's for $50. If you don;t have a PS2, you could buy a used ps2 from GameStop for 50, and then trade it in for 100 credit at GameCrazy. All you need are a few controllers, a Mem card and a few crappy games. 5 coppies of Vengful Joe anyone?

I just spoke with GC and this deal ends Sunday. It works for fat and slim and they told me only 3 games. The games have to be ones that they still except for trade ins.

[quote name='qwikstreet']I just spoke with GC and this deal ends Sunday. It works for fat and slim and they told me only 3 games. The games have to be ones that they still except for trade ins.[/quote]

Interestingly of the two stores I called nearby one said they were still doing the $100 trade in but the Wii no longer qualifies. The other said the deal ended on the 4th.

Anyone know the best place to get a fat PS2 power cable? Or will they take any generic cable...hope they don't scrutinize too much.

bread's done
Back