$100 prepaid MasterCards for firearms (Chicago-specific)

dfg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
244 (100%)
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/472555,CST-NWS-guns18.article

"The third annual CAPS Gun-Turn-In event will be 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Guns turned in at any one of 23 locations will be destroyed, no questions asked. No one will be charged.

Because of contributions from Chase Bank and other businesses, gun owners will receive a $100 prepaid MasterCard for each gun surrendered."

MAC-10s and Uzis on clearance at TRU and CC!!
This is a great flipping opportunity!!

Oh god. fucking Chicagoans. I can't believe they're destroying them! Way to drive costs up and possibly destroy war relics, you tools. =/

But hey, you could buy a Mosin Nagant for $69 at a surplus store, give it to these assholes and get a return of $30!

Yah, they do this BS in LA all the time, but they actually inspect the guns to confirm they can be fired.

I have a ton of prop guns, conversions to CO2 powered, and modified early paintball guns and whatnot from my dad's business that I wanted to get rid of in bulk but they most likely won't take them.

I ended up selling them to a few movie memorabilia collectors for a mint.

I kept a few choice real pieces from the old man's real gun collection, though. Reminds me I have to go through and catalog them.

I'm probably going to pick up a couple of new pieces soon, but freaking Cali really sucks since you can't pick up some of the best firearms around as they're illegal. Damn gun control.

Tell me about it I'm in Canada I wish I could even have a freaking Ak-47 to shoot at the range but nooooo you can only use Semi-auto guns in Canada. Oh yeah I'm definetly gonna go shoot up the local walmart for what food? hell no I respect guns and their use but stupid goverment is so stereotypical now a days. Bahhhh what can you do I will cherish the guns I am allowed to own in Canada the nice pistols and well some nice rifles....booooo.

[quote name='Sejad']Tell me about it I'm in Canada I wish I could even have a freaking Ak-47 to shoot at the range but nooooo you can only use Semi-auto guns in Canada. Oh yeah I'm definetly gonna go shoot up the local walmart for what food? hell no I respect guns and their use but stupid goverment is so stereotypical now a days. Bahhhh what can you do I will cherish the guns I am allowed to own in Canada the nice pistols and well some nice rifles....booooo.[/quote]

Just a hint- it's very unlikely that anyone in a first world country will own an AK-47. You'd likely own an AKM, which is somewhat different, but it pisses me off that everyone sees an AK and automatically goes AK-47.

[quote name='Bezerker']You probably wouldnt detest them when some little kid is robbing you at gunpoint.[/QUOTE]If it weren't for gun laws he could shoot the little fucker. You ever wonder why Texas has such a low crime rate? Because they have guns. I sure as hell won't rob or assault somebody with a gun in their pocket.

Then again, I could have pulled the Texas thing out of my ass.

[quote name='Bezerker']You probably wouldnt detest them when some little kid is robbing you at gunpoint.[/quote]
Too bad I'd have shot him first.

Gun control only hurts innocent people.

[quote name='Bezerker']You probably wouldnt detest them when some little kid is robbing you at gunpoint.[/QUOTE]

Do you think that kid went thru proper channels to get his gun? It doesnt matter how long the waiting period or how many background checks you want to require to get a gun, criminals will still get their guns from the underground market. All those laws do is hurt law abiding citizens who wish to own firearms.

Do you honestly believe that these guns will be destroyed? Most likely, they'll wind up in the hands of some street thug, sold to them by some shady-ass cop or detective.

[quote name='TimPV3']If it weren't for gun laws he could shoot the little fucker. You ever wonder why Texas has such a low crime rate? Because they have guns. I sure as hell won't rob or assault somebody with a gun in their pocket.

Then again, I could have pulled the Texas thing out of my ass.[/QUOTE]
You must have zee big ass.

[quote name='shieryda']Do you honestly believe that these guns will be destroyed? Most likely, they'll wind up in the hands of some street thug, sold to them by some shady-ass cop or detective.[/quote]

With something high profile like this, I'm sure they will be. Weapons (and other contraband for that matter) seized by routine channels, I'm sure the CPD experiences their own brand of "shrink".

You hear that about 5% of the force having at least 10 complaints filed against them, and the city legally maneuvering to prevent the names of which from becoming a matter of public record? Shee-it.

edit: zee grammar

I'm in favor of gun control within reasonable limits. There is no reasonable...uh, reason, why a normal citizen should be allowed to own automatic weapons. Renting them to use on a firing range, remaining the property of a licensed operator, fine.

Handguns are a different issue. However, people who think that they are a cureall for violent crime are delusional and fetishistic, while those in favor of outright and absolute bans are also retarded.

Attempting to stay on topic, I asked my dad if he wanted to hold on to his little .22 revolver, and unfortunately he said yes. Foiled again!

If a person is going to commit a crime, then a law saying that they can't purchase a gun isn't going to stop them. They're a criminal! They are going to obtain said gun illegally if they really want it. The only thing that a gun law would prevent is other people having a chance of survival.

As for kids finding Mommy and Daddy's gun: Did it ever occur to them to....I don't know? Lock the gun up? Better yet, remove the firing pin and THEN lock it up. Sticking a gun under a mattress isn't going to stop Little Jimmy from finding it.

[quote name='Thebobert5']If a person is going to commit a crime, then a law saying that they can't purchase a gun isn't going to stop them. They're a criminal! They are going to obtain said gun illegally if they really want it. The only thing that a gun law would prevent is other people having a chance of survival.

As for kids finding Mommy and Daddy's gun: Did it ever occur to them to....I don't know? Lock the gun up? Better yet, remove the firing pin and THEN lock it up. Sticking a gun under a mattress isn't going to stop Little Jimmy from finding it.[/quote]

If you disable your gun and lock it up in a box and someone breaks into your home then how are you supposed to get the gun ready to defend yourself???

Guns are pathetic and weak. Yes, I have a shot a gun before. Did I enjoy it? Yes. I still don't think it is normal to own one.
You don't see people in Europe shooting each other up for insulting their clothes or mothers or whatever the fuck they just said.

In Canada you have to have the gun locked up and in a safe case or safe, but you can have the guns out and no bullets loaded(the trick is to have a round in the pistol but not armed and ready to use they it's not illegal to have it out).

bread's done
Back