100 ways to get Great GameStop Customer Service

the+more+you+know.jpg

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Do manboobs count? :lol:[/quote]

Half the time, the clerks have them, so no.

12. Buy their cheap used games so they can free up space in their store.

or

Knock over the magazine rack after arguing with the store employee over the gutted new game policy.

13. Agree that the scratched up disk and the gutted box that they gave you and took home to play is new. Thank them and offer them a hand job before you skip on out of there

Buy what ever game they recomend when you're buying another game.

"I see you're buying a copy of Dirt, you should think about picking up a copy of Madden, it's awesome"

The male GS workers I've talked with are jerks. They think they're so much better than me because they're hip with the new games coming out. I just go shop and look around with my girlfriend since I know speaking to women are their only weakness.

oh i like this thread already. lol. op, you should change the title to 1001 ways.

14. Stop promoting employees based on the store numbers. Hire qualified, honest individuals. I was just at a GS and you can tell that this girl is the manager since she was annoyed at everything she did. When she asked me what was her employee looking for (yeah she came out of the door where he was and she couldn't ask him?) and I told her and all she did was shook her head like I did something wrong.

15. Listen to your customers, not the corporate executives. If you were voted WORST on one of the biggest shopping forums on the internet (for 3 years in a row), you should take that as constructive criticism.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Manatee']Ask for Battletoads everytime you're instore. Call ahead for best results.[/QUOTE]

My friend works at Gamestop and knows about the Battletoads thing. Once, she kept a guy on the phone for like 10 mins saying is it on the PS2 or Xbox 360. I actually watched the prankster hang up in frustration. It was funny. I can't wait till the Virtual Console release so this tried prank finally dies down.

[quote name='anch']17. ask for the corporate or DM's number.
18. tell them that you know tellgamestop.com[/QUOTE]

Either of those might work if corporate gave a shit, which they don't.

19. Don't bitch about your shitty trade in value
20. Smell decent
21. Don't ask if the Wii can play Blu-ray movies
22. When I spend an extra 2 minutes finding the best looking game in the drawer, don't complain because it has smudges, or ridiculously light scratches. It's used for a reason.
23. Don't try to weasel out of refurb fees because your PS2 magically stopped reading bluebacks on the car ride to the store.
24. For fucks sake, your 360 made that nice deep little ring on your disc, and it's not my responsibility to exchange it or give you a refund (but I'll do it anyway because I don't want to read about it on CAG).

I actually like GameStop. Well, not enough to buy new games there, but hey...

528. Remember that retail sales droids deal with thousands of idiots in any given month. Except you; you're a perfectly perfect customer who is completely awesome in every way. It's just all those other idiots who screwed it up for you and made the clerk fraking insane. :drool:

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Everyone (meaning most) hate GS.[/quote]

I hate them too, but this thread serves no real purpose.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']
or

Knock over the magazine rack after arguing with the store employee over the gutted new game policy.[/quote]

LMAO!!!

28. Tell them you just got out of prison after serving a 3 year term for stabbing a GameStop worker who wouldn't stop pestering you to preorder games or buy an EDGE card.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']3. Get a job at GameStop and service yourself.[/quote]
I can't believe no one made a joke about this. :lol:

bread's done
Back