$100 worth of games for $65 at TigerDirect.com

Ultra Woody

CAGiversary!
$100 worth of games for $65 at TigerDirect (shipping not included). Here's what you do:

1.) Go to Bing.com and put in "tigerdirect cash back" in the search bar.

2.) Click on the sponsor link for TigerDirect which offers 15% off.
(Note 1: When at TigerDirect.com you should see the "bing cashback" in the right column, under the shopping cart area. This is just to make sure that you'll actually be receiving the 15% cash back promo being offered.)
3.) Add your video games of choice (or anything for that matter) and use eBillMe to to check out (make a new, free account if necessary). eBillMe is running a promotion that states if you spend $100 at this site you will receive $20 back, all via eBillMe. You must spend $100 for it to work.
(Note 2: eBillMe is NOT the same as BillMeLater so there's NO credit checks or anything; it's basically like using PayPal, just through their service instead and you can pay your bill with any bill pay service. I've already done it. Very simple!)
Unfortunately, shipping charges are not affected by this promo so I'm only using the actual purchase price as the example. Your actual cost may be slightly over $100 (still a good deal, though).

Here's the math: $100 - $15 cash back - $20 eBillMe promo = $65.

The eBillMe promo is currently at $25. It is a mail-in-rebate, so you'll have to send in your receipt and wait several weeks to get it back. It's good until the end of January, unless they decide to extend it again.

[quote name='Ultra Woody']They just increased it? Nice.[/QUOTE]

Not really. It used to be that they gave instant rebates. This is lame and pretty much kills the deal since the Bing waiting period is still 60 days and every game on Tigerdirect seems to be a dollar or two above MSRP. Too much hassle for not much savings.

[quote name='bojay1997']Not really. It used to be that they gave instant rebates. This is lame and pretty much kills the deal since the Bing waiting period is still 60 days and every game on Tigerdirect seems to be a dollar or two above MSRP. Too much hassle for not much savings.[/QUOTE]

Some of there stuff is very hit or miss. Like patapon for psp is 8 bucks but 20 on amazon still, but then then still want 50 bucks for left 4 dead on pc hah.

I never did like tigerdirect though, they have always consistantly had a fair amount of negative feedback from people getting open box stuff as new, slow shipping times or just poor customer service. I have a couple times and never went back to them.

But still, a deal is a deal.

Bing is not a deal and E-billme sounds fishy. As much as I want an alternative to Paypal it's going to take some time to build a reputation.

[quote name='DPsx7']Bing is not a deal and E-billme sounds fishy. As much as I want an alternative to Paypal it's going to take some time to build a reputation.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I would rather use WU and pay their stupid high fee than use something like E-billme IMO..

Some title are actually higher than MSRP (eg. $60.99, $61.99). WTF?

Also, if I recall: doesn't TigerDirect.com charge an arm and a leg for S&H?

[quote name='DPsx7']Bing is not a deal and E-billme sounds fishy. As much as I want an alternative to Paypal it's going to take some time to build a reputation.[/QUOTE]

I recently shorted out the power supply on my computer and ordered a new one through Zipzoomfly and used this service to pay because of the instant 15 dollars off my bill. It isn't shady at all, but it does take forever to get your items.

They work as an intermediary between the online shop you are buying from and your bank. All you give them when you sign up is your email. When you make a purchase using their service, they send you a bill with their payment information and you are to use your bank's online bill paying features and set up EBillMe as a payee. My bank sent them an actual check, which took a few days to get there. Then it took another day to pay Zipzoomfly whom then shipped my order.

I paid for 2 day shipping on a Thursday and got my item the next Wednesday because of the various delays involved. Without giving these incentives (15 off), I'm not sure what good this company does, but they are legit.

I used ebill me before and had no problems with it. I bought stuff off of buy.com, got $10 off my order, and my order shipped the next day. I use Chase bank, so I don't know what weird bank you use that sent a physical check.

Does the ebill me offer only work on new accounts or is it for all?

Bleh. About 12 years ago I ordered a Pentium 200MMX system from TigerDirect. They didn't package it properly and the heatsink came off of the motherboard, knocking several capacitors off of the motherboard in the process.

Called TigerDirect Customer Service and they said that UPS was at fault and their insurance would cover it. Called UPS and they examined the packaging and said that it wasn't properly packaged. TigerDirect wouldn't offer an exchange nor a refund. I promised the CS rep (like he even cared) that I'd never purchase anything from them every again and I have stood by that promise.

Got some good soldering experience out of that mishap, though.

bread's done
Back