<$1000 laptop capable of playing games

koruwa

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm in the market for a laptop and i've been looking around but I'm not too sure where to look. I've got a desktop already but i'm looking for a decent laptop that has some gaming functionality so I won't be completely bored out of my mind when i'm stuck on campus. Not looking for a powerhouse or anything but something that's capable of running team fortress 2 and other games smoothly. Preferably under $1000. I've checked out dell and the inspiron 1720 seems ok. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys :)

You could always buy from the Dell Outlet. They usually have 15% off coupons roaming around. I got mine for $1049, and it has an 8600GT, 3GB of RAM, a 250GB hard drive, an Intel Core 2 Duo T7500, Windows Vista Premium...

Of course, I got this like 4-5 months ago. I'm sure you can find an even better deal now. I can play all my games at respectable settings. It may be refurbished, but it looks really good (as is the general consensus from most people who buy from them). I highly recommend it.

Go here for the latest coupons: http://twitter.com/delloutlet?&~ck=anavml . There's always a coupon for laptops at least once a week, so if there isn't one working now, come back a few days later.

The reason I didnt go with dell in the first place was the warranty, and the first order I placed with them was flagged as a reseller so my order never went through and their customer service is terrible when I tried to fix it. First time I called in they hung up on me, then they werent able to offer me the same laptop for the same price since the promo ended.

Asus computers come with 2 year parts/labor and 1 year accidental. Plus their turn-around for RMA service is a lot faster (they pay for shipping both ways) so it takes about a week to get your laptop fixed.

bread's done
Back