1080p HDTV

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']How much is your budget?

Stay away from Vizio.[/QUOTE]Nothing wrong with Vizio. They're very good TV's at the price points they're at.

I agree that there is nothing wrong with vizio. Great televisions at a great price. Check out Sam's or Costco

I have a 42 inch Dynex I use as my gaming TV. $599 at Best Buy and looks great. You can get the $99 4 year warranty.

Samsung is pretty much top-of-the-line. I've got a 52a650 that I've had since 2008 and am totally in love with it. The new LED's are even a step better.

[quote name='Demontooth']I have a 42 inch Dynex I use as my gaming TV. $599 at Best Buy and looks great. You can get the $99 4 year warranty.[/QUOTE]
A little out of my price range.

I can't really find much that fits in my range that isn't used.

[quote name='nickdoods']A little out of my price range.

I can't really find much that fits in my range that isn't used.[/QUOTE]

Just keep checking techbargains.com every day until you find something. I've seen lots of sub 42" 1080p tv's for $500 and less.

[quote name='Malik112099']1080p on a 32-42 inch tv is a waste of money.....stick with 720p on models that size and save yourself the money[/QUOTE]

This is a bit misleading... but essentially true - honestly I'd say it's only true up to about 36"/37" after that mark it starts making a difference.

I will third or fourth that there is nothing wrong with Vizio. The guys over at avsforums dig the XVT series - and for the price they're hard to beat. They also have pretty darn good customer service. The 37" XVT Vizio runs about $650, and is 1080p and 120 mHz - which honestly for gaming, I'd recommend 120 mHz - but there is debate over that.

You can watch for deals for a long time and do a lot of research, the sites listed above usually have everything you need to find a good deal - but buying and HDTV is much more about doing the right research so you don't spend more in the long run than finding a deal on an off-brand.

[quote name='Izod517']This is a bit misleading... but essentially true - honestly I'd say it's only true up to about 36"/37" after that mark it starts making a difference.[/QUOTE]

47282115.png

What Malik is trying to say is that you should buy a 30" 1080p and sit 3 ft in front of it. It'll be like you're at the theater!

Here's a 42" Sharp for $549. Last week they had it for $499. I have the same model but it's 46" and I love it. I wouldn't settle for a Proscan or other off brand. Check out cnet.com. They have a lot of info on 1080p vs 720p. From what I've read you would have to be with in 4' of a 50" TV side by side to see even the smallest difference. In one case they found that a 50" Pioneer plasma at 720p vs 1080p saw no difference. Most TVs are now 1080p due to marketing hype anyway but if you find a 720p with the same specs and is cheaper, I would go for it at this size. I don't think you'll find a good 720p TV cheaper than this one posted at tech bargains.

http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/196423

[quote name='Malik112099']you can get a 32" 720p for less than $300 these days[/QUOTE]
If it's a 32" I could settle with 720p but where can I get them for under $300?

[quote name='monkeychunkuk']if you can wait i would when the 3D tvs come out they wil be giving HD tv's away at silly prices[/QUOTE]
that's at least a couple years away isn't it?

[quote name='Malik112099']you can get a 32" 720p for less than $300 these days[/QUOTE]
Yeah, a crappy one like Dynex, Sylvania, Magnavox, etc.
You'd do yourself a deed and shell out the extra $50 - $80 for a quality brand like Panasonic or LG

bread's done
Back