10c comics book sells for over $300,000

[quote name='SpazX']Crazy amount of money. The person who bought it is even crazier.[/quote]

The Smithsonian has a copy on display. I figure if they own something and you own the exact same thing it's not a bad investment.

[quote name='Magehart']The Smithsonian has a copy on display. I figure if they own something and you own the exact same thing it's not a bad investment.[/quote]

I bet The Smithsonian didn't have to pay $317,200 for it though lol. :applause:

[quote name='shigster']I bet The Smithsonian didn't have to pay $317,200 for it though lol. :applause:[/quote]

But I bet they can sell it for that much :D. PROFIT!

These will only go up in value. Look how hard the superman movies have tanked yet these things are still worth more than gold. Makes more sense to me than stamp collecting.

If you've got $300,000 to spend on a comic book, you probably already have investments that can make you more than that :p.

But yes, as long as there are people equally or more crazy in the future, whoever bought it should be able to sell it for at least what they paid (considering inflation), and probably much more.

Even adjusted for inflation, that's like turning
starbucks_cup.jpg

into
rolls-royce-phantom-coupe-2-17-02-08.jpg

reasons like this are why I get angry at the mothers of the world for tossing out old toys and stuff.

even that worthless G.I. Joe or Transformers armada Hot Shot you got could be worth a mint if all the mothers in the world threw them out.

so rule of life. for any major child collectible do not let your mother toss it away. EVEN IF IT IS BROKEN. put it aside and try to sell it 10 years later.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']reasons like this are why I get angry at the mothers of the world for tossing out old toys and stuff.

even that worthless G.I. Joe or Transformers armada Hot Shot you got could be worth a mint if all the mothers in the world threw them out.

so rule of life. for any major child collectible do not let your mother toss it away. EVEN IF IT IS BROKEN. put it aside and try to sell it 10 years later.[/QUOTE]

if mothers didnt throw them out they wouldnt be worth anything because many people would have them.

This isn't just a comic book, it's the comic that made comic books relevent. It's Action Comics 1, it's arguably the most important piece of pop fiction written in the last 100 years.

bread's done
Back