11/17 Only - Buy PSPgo, Get $50 PSN Credit - Amazon Countdown to Black Friday

Kylearan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
List price at Amazon for the PSPgo, Black OR White, is $244.99.

Offer is valid November 17, 2009 ONLY.

Here's the linky.

UPDATE: the $50 PSN Credit is only valid at Amazon's Playstation Network Store, not the official Sony PSN Store. May be a deal killer for many, though the credit seems to be usable for any game on Amazon's PSN -- including PS3 and PS1 games.

-----

Not a GREAT deal, as you still have to pay pretty much full price on the PSPgo, but good for anyone on the fence or who is eying a few games.

Last edited by a moderator:
PSP Go for only $50! Yeah right :p

I just hope I can find one for under $200 on Black Friday. Any chance of Amazon doing a better deal than this for Black Friday?

Pretty sweet deal. You can get a lot of stuff for 50 bucks...unless you're talking full games like Chinatown Wars or something.

It's not too bad considering their price for the PSPgo is about $5 less than the retail of $249.99. However, since the credit is limited to their version of the PSN store, don't expect lots of PSP related content in comparison to the official store.

For those still interested in the deal, your best bet to make the most out of the $50 credit would be to go for the PSone titles. At $5.99 apiece, you can get 8 games without going over the given credit. Personal recommendations from what's offered include the Crash Bandicoot trilogy, the Spyro The Dragon trilogy, Syphon Filter 1 and 3, Twisted Metal 2, Jet Moto, and Jumping Flash. You'd be able to get a game or two if you go for the PSP only titles but don't expect anything newer than Gran Turismo or Motorstorm: Arctic Edge.

PSP Go will be $150 in a year or less. I don't think sales are great. People want to own their game, not have it in download form.

[quote name='sadunk']PSP Go will be $150 in a year or less. I don't think sales are great. People want to own their game, not have it in download form.[/QUOTE]
I agree

[quote name='sadunk']PSP Go will be $150 in a year or less. I don't think sales are great. People want to own their game, not have it in download form.[/QUOTE]Maybe the PSP 3000 will drop down to $150 but I doubt the GO will. Sony is selling it as "a premium device". I think it will always be a $50+ difference from the 3000 to keep that mentality. People already have the option to buy a 3000 and "own their games".

My interest in the PSPgo is starting to warm up as I am finding myself downloading more and more games from the PSN. The price of the PSPgo is still very off-putting, and this deal does little to help sway me. At $199 I might be more inclined, and at $150 I'll pick one up in a heartbeat - but until we see those prices I'll be sticking with my launch day PSP-1000

[quote name='lilboo']Rather it be $199 with $50 PSN card.[/QUOTE]

If you are going to complain about price, do it right. I'd rather it be FREE with a $50 PSN card. Voice your complaint by not purchasing it, as your comment has nothing to do with the deal as he posted it except to complain about something neither your or the poster can control.

At this time, this is a good deal. However, like all other gaming systems, it will eventually fall in price.

bread's done
Back