12/12 Amazon GoldBox: Angel - The Complete Series (S1-S5) - $50.99

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
51DdzQ-f1oL._SS500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Seasons..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=11K4HS51X9WZSH8ZBB16

• Actors: David Boreanaz
  • Format: Box set, Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
  • Language: English
  • Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
  • Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
  • Number of discs: 30
  • Rating:
    unrated._V46912133_.gif
  • Studio: 20th Century Fox
  • DVD Release Date: October 30, 2007

Definite must get at this price!

I got mine last February when it was on sale for 56 and you would be stupid not to buy this if you are a fan of the show.

Is this show have religious influence...I'm tempted but I don't want this show to be puttin religion down my throat, the ol' lady does that enough as it is.

EDIT: You know what it doesn't matter, looked at the reviews; out of 112 reviews only 2 were under 4 stars.
EDIT2: So $10 a season, basically works out to $0.xx (change) per episode, how can you lose!!!
Damn you amazon for making me spend so much. BF hurt me, buying the lost deal of the day was the icing, now this is the sprinkles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shadowkast']Is this show have religious influence...I'm tempted but I don't want this show to be puttin religion down my throat, the ol' lady does that enough as it is.

EDIT: You know what it doesn't matter, looked at the reviews; out of 112 reviews only 2 were under 4 stars.
EDIT2: So $10 a season, basically works out to $0.xx (change) per episode, how can you lose!!!
Damn you amazon for making me spend so much. BF hurt me, buying the lost deal of the day was the icing, now this is the sprinkles!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Lol has NOTHING to do with religion. Its about a vampire named angel

[quote name='darkrage']are there plans to release this stuff on Blu-ray you think? I try not to buy SD-DVDs anymore.[/quote]

I hear you man but if it did ever come to bluray it would probably cost 250

Got one. Picked up the Buffy set a few years ago for $50 (mis-priced at BB). Haven't watched it YET (to quote High Fidelity), but I read that you should watch the 2 shows in unison to help follow the storyline.

I checked e-bay and it looked like new sets are regularly going for $90+ if you want to filp it. Used sets were going for $65+, so even if you don't like it you can break even if you want to sell.

[quote name='mick16']Got one. Picked up the Buffy set a few years ago for $50 (mis-priced at BB). Haven't watched it YET (to quote High Fidelity), but I read that you should watch the 2 shows in unison to help follow the storyline.

I checked e-bay and it looked like new sets are regularly going for $90+ if you want to filp it. Used sets were going for $65+, so even if you don't like it you can break even if you want to sell.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to watch them in unisom, since Angel series came way after the last seasons of Buffy...so u watch Buffy to almost season 5 or 6 and then can start watching Angel, or just finish Buffy and then go to Angel.Got one Angel set, wife will be very surprised!

Awesome, thanks. I usually check amazon daily but I would have missed this. Will go great for my lil bro for Christmas since Deep Discount still shows batman: animated out of stock >

[quote name='hcamacho']You don't have to watch them in unisom, since Angel series came way after the last seasons of Buffy...so u watch Buffy to almost season 5 or 6 and then can start watching Angel, or just finish Buffy and then go to Angel.Got one Angel set, wife will be very surprised![/quote]

Wow...wrong, wrong, and couldn't be more wrong. Watch Buffy seasons 1-3 (which Angel is actually in). Start season 1 of Angel alongside season 4 of Buffy. That's how it actually aired. Seasons 1A/4B even had a couple crossover episodes.

Once you get to 3A/6B it doesn't really matter anymore because Buffy went to UPN *gag* and Angel remained on WB (may it rest in peace...CW is total crap compared to late 90's WB). The more you know.. :D

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow...wrong, wrong, and couldn't be more wrong. Watch Buffy seasons 1-3 (which Angel is actually in). Start season 1 of Angel alongside season 4 of Buffy. That's how it actually aired. Seasons 1A/4B even had a couple crossover episodes.

Once you get to 3A/6B it doesn't really matter anymore because Buffy went to UPN *gag* and Angel remained on WB (may it rest in peace...CW is total crap compared to late 90's WB). The more you know.. :D[/quote]

I have never seen an episode of either series. Will I have problems watching Angel?

I am a huge Firefly / Whedon fan...

[quote name='soccerstud652']I have never seen an episode of either series. Will I have problems watching Angel?

I am a huge Firefly / Whedon fan...[/quote]

Without watching Buffy you mean? Ehh...probably not. The show was really shot in a way where even though you ARE missing something, it doesn't make it feel like you are...if that makes any sense. It does a good job letting you know who the characters are, even if you're not completely familiar with their backstory.

Plus, there are several new characters as well. So it doesn't feel like you're picking up on a show halfway into its run. They do a lot of stuff with flashbacks to help fill you in too...especially on Angel's history. I've known several people who didn't watch Buffy at all, but loved Angel. For $10 a season, I don't think you could go wrong.

Honestly, Buffy is worth the watch too. These shows are Whedon at his absolute best! I mean, Angel has been off the air for 4 years, and Buffy for 5, and people STILL can't get enough. There are magazines, action figures, calendars, books, etc, etc. Joss even went back to pen the "Buffy Season 8" comic book. The show died well before its time. The actors just got too big for it.

You won't have problems. Angel is it's own show. Plus they fill you in on most things in the first season. It's kind of need to know.

bread's done
Back