12:30 AM: Time to pave the street!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Is there any better time than 12:30AM to pave a road.
The City of New York doesn't think so.

My bedroom is shaking because there are large vehicles outside tarring the street.

As an extra bonus, the trucks back up frequently...beep beep beep beep.

The city of DeLand, Florida doesn't think so either. I had them doing it at 3 AM right outside my house about 3 months ago. I know it was a while ago, but it is really ridiculous that they do it at that insane time.

I WISH I heard trucks paving the road. Freakin' birds and crickets keep my up all damn night. They usually pave the roads her at 3 am also, which is good, because there's almost no traffic...which is why they do it at 3 am.

My old dorm was closer to the main road and an emergency recue unit. So not one day or night would go by without hearing sirens. Ugh.

I used to live right near railroad tracks, and of course the only time they go by is late at night. Not the most pleasant thing to wake up to, since they like to use their horn just in case the rumble didn't get you.

My Grandmothers lake (huron) front house was directly under the flight path from Wursmith Airforce base. Nothing like hearing BOMBERS flying over your head at 2 a.m. let alone the fact as a child it looked like a flashing UFO was going over the house.

[quote name='st0neface']The city of DeLand, Florida doesn't think so either. I had them doing it at 3 AM right outside my house about 3 months ago. I know it was a while ago, but it is really ridiculous that they do it at that insane time.[/quote]

Yeah, too bad they dont do it from 3 - 5 in the afternoon :roll:

[quote name='SS4Brolly'][quote name='st0neface']The city of DeLand, Florida doesn't think so either. I had them doing it at 3 AM right outside my house about 3 months ago. I know it was a while ago, but it is really ridiculous that they do it at that insane time.[/quote]

Yeah, too bad they dont do it from 3 - 5 in the afternoon :roll:[/quote]

Actually, on my road, there is at least 3 times more traffic from midnight to 5 AM, with all the street racing going on here. They also painted the stripes in the road 2 days later at noon, shutting down the road.

My work is in the middle of a construction zone{they're building more towers around the resort}on both sides.I here that Beep Beep constantly

goldbergtop.gif

I live right next door to a hospital, a police station, and a fire station. Fortunately, the hospital is not used for emergencies, there's not much crime here in Williamsburg, and there aren't many fires either.

It was so bad last night, that we moved the mattress into the living room.

I took a picture...it looked pretty funny...i'll post it tonight.

I had trouble when people were paving our road last summer. They ruined our mailbox with their trucks, they messed up our new driveway with their trucks (the driveway cost almost $5,000), and they were just plain nasty to us. Luckily the town made them pay for my driveway to be fixed as well as the mailbox.[/img]

i live in the sticks (northern NY), so we dont even have roads.

but when i did used to live in the city, i neve noticeed. i sleep like a corpse. ive slept through car crashes and earthquakes.

[quote name='CheapyD']Is there any better time than 12:30AM to pave a road.
The City of New York doesn't think so.

My bedroom is shaking because there are large vehicles outside tarring the street.

As an extra bonus, the trucks back up frequently...beep beep beep beep.[/quote]

whats worse for me cheapy is the damn streets they tear up to get ready to be paved...then left unpaved and leave all the dust and debris that flies in my eyes... god i hate that... i was almost hit by a bus cuz there was crap in my eyes.

its a good thing i was able to forget about it and get a good night's slee...
oh wait... they're paving the god damn roads at 3AM!!

god i hate this city.

At least they are repairing the roads though. Lately there have been TONS of potholes all over the place. You should see the size of some of them. If anyone else here is from nothern NJ, you will know what I am talking about. The worst part is what they can do to your car on the highway...

[quote name='CheapyD']It was so bad last night, that we moved the mattress into the living room.

I took a picture...it looked pretty funny...i'll post it tonight.[/quote]

floorbed.jpg

I just endured a 9 day shoot pilot shoot inside/out my apartment building. I am fortune enought to live on the one LA street that looks like Ney York. That means NYPD Blue, videos, and J-Lo movies go on all the time.

Last week they put a facade in the lobby, forcing me to wait 10-15 minutes every time I walked in. Trucks constructed a fake park in the parking lot across the street.

Why didn't they tell me this when I signed the lease?!?

Cheapy, I feel your pain.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']...sleep like a corpse. ive slept through car crashes and earthquakes.[/quote]

LOL, my friend is exactly like that. one time i spent the night at his house and his dad came in and tried to get him up for his sister's graduation. i was trying to ignore his dad yelling at him, but then i hear these slaps, HAHA! it took 5 slaps to the face for my friend to wake up, AHAHAH! ouch, i bet he didn't even know where they came from! next time, i suggested to his pop that a cup of water on his face might be nicer than slapping his face repeatedly :lol:

yeah.. i ahd that problem.. but with the icecream man.. he came at 2 IN THE MORNING.. i swear to buddah im not making this up.. it all made sense tho when i realized he was selling ice cream by the ounce... (taht part is made up)

[quote name='deathcabforcutie']yeah.. i ahd that problem.. but with the icecream man.. he came at 2 IN THE MORNING.. i swear to buddah im not making this up.. it all made sense tho when i realized he was selling ice cream by the ounce... (taht part is made up)[/quote]

You should have tried the Cherry Poppin' ice cream. I hear it's quite addictive.

damn there doin somethin to the water pipes on my street soon, itll probably be in the middle of the night when i got work

In Phoenix, when I lived there, they'd only do it doing the day it seemed, right in the middle of rush hour. That or they'd do it at night and continue doing it through morning rush hour.

Try sleeping while they are redoing the roof over your apartment building at 6 in the morning. Its so loud it sounds like they are in the room with me.

I live in Warren, OH, nobody with a sense of time. Here are some examples: 3:30 a.m., day after Independence day, someone lets off an M-80.

Sometime around 4:00 not too long ago,... I think someone shot someone else (more or less a bad part of town...). Contractors come out at 8:00 (That may be sleeping in for some of you, but not to me) next door to remodel the roof.

These are just little things, but when you really need the sleep, they add up. (maybe except the shooting...)

[quote name='CheapyD']It was so bad last night, that we moved the mattress into the living room.

I took a picture...it looked pretty funny...i'll post it tonight.[/quote]

The city that never sleeps

They always emptied the dunpsters outside my freshman dorm room at about 3:00 am every morning. There was this one guy that we called "trainee" because it always took him like 4 or 5 tries to get the fucking dumpster picked up, emptied, and set down correctly.

ROAAAR
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
BANG
CRASH BANG
BANG
CRASH CRASH
BEEP BEEP BEEP
ROOAAAAAAAAAR

[quote name='rvdrock']LOL...I just havent seen his posts lately...guess I havent been viewing the same threads.[/quote]
This topic was also the first topic I saw him post after what happened with him.

[quote name='"Backlash"']They always emptied the dunpsters outside my freshman dorm room at about 3:00 am every morning. There was this one guy that we called "trainee" because it always took him like 4 or 5 tries to get the shaq-fuing dumpster picked up, emptied, and set down correctly.

ROAAAR
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
BANG
CRASH BANG
BANG
CRASH CRASH
BEEP BEEP BEEP
ROOAAAAAAAAAR[/quote]

I have the same problem. Every monday at around 5:30 am the truck comes, and the road to the dumpster is right next to my apartment. The drivers must get some sick pleasure out of keeping everyone else awake since they have to be working. :p

No construction here yet. Although I am not looking forward to the big I-95 (southern CT) construction project. Fortunately, I don't have to cross the Q bridge to get to work anymore...one year of that was enough. It is enough of a pain to get to the outlets on a weekend (especially during the summer) with the mass exodous of people on I-95N trying to get out of NYC/western CT.

bread's done
Back