$12.49 Nyko Pro Commander Controller for Wii U @ Groupon

Borjoyzee

CAGiversary!
Couldn't find any official reviews apart for some sporadic user reviews and a YouTuber who "honestly" couldn't stop praising the thing. I've been burned on 3rd party controllers before, but for the price, I wouldn't be too broken up. Any opinions?

http://gr.pn/1q597el

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted this like a week ago now. Still havent received my controllers but its not really rare for groupon to take a while. Seems like some people hate them but the majority of the people posting in my thread that had them were pleased. Also if you notice the picture in the packaging has the A and B buttons in the wrong place. Apparently the actual controller has those buttons in the correct places.

Did you post your referral link though?

You must have accidentally posted the reviews for the Nyko Wii Remote Charging Station? But I think I'll pick up two! For those rare local multiplayer MK8 sessions :)

One of the YouTube reviews did mention that the A and B buttons were exchanged, but that might be fine, since I'm pretty trained in the Xbox 360/One controller layout.

I edited the original post with my referral link. Thanks!

One of the YouTube reviews did mention that the A and B buttons were exchanged, but that might be fine, since I'm pretty trained in the Xbox 360/One controller layout.

I edited the original post with my referral link. Thanks!
In the last thread about this, I believe people were saying the layout wasn't actually reversed, that it was just reversed in the picture on the box.

Yeah, I ordered mine a week ago and they still don't appear to have shipped. Sadly, I wanted them for a party happening tomorrow. :/

I bought one of these for $20ish new on Amazon used it twice and really liked it. Never used again for about a month or more and then broke it out for MK8 and the stupid thing is already dead. The battery would not hold a charge at all and Amazon says to late to return. It still works fine with my phones backup battery pack attached to it but it's the ghetto 3rd controller now. Shame because it feels really nice and has proper stick placement.

I have one and an official Nintendo Pro controller...  They are both pretty good controllers but I find myself playing with they Nyko more just because it has the staggered sticks on it.  It's comfortable and plays well, buttons feel good.

@Shady  It's not uncommon for batteries to not want to hold a charge after being dead for a couple months.  Had the same problem with the xbox 360 battery packs.

I have one and an official Nintendo Pro controller... They are both pretty good controllers but I find myself playing with they Nyko more just because it has the staggered sticks on it. It's comfortable and plays well, buttons feel good.

@Shady It's not uncommon for batteries to not want to hold a charge after being dead for a couple months. Had the same problem with the xbox 360 battery packs.
Yea I didn't see it as a widespread problem when I searched. I had a 360 pack stop holding a charge as well but that was deep into it's life. Emailed Nyko customer support but they never replied. I just figured it's Nyko so they not using the "best" battery packs anyway. They are good controllers though (when plugged in) and I thought about ordering one for this price a week ago when it was posted on Slickdeals. To many controllers in my house though didn't need another.

So I ordered this on June 26 and I still don't have it. It wasn't even shipped until Friday the 11th. Should have it on Wednesday, will NEVER use Groupon again.

So I ordered this on June 26 and I still don't have it. It wasn't even shipped until Friday the 11th. Should have it on Wednesday, will NEVER use Groupon again.
I know what you mean. Ordered two before I found out the official Nintendo wii u pro's were going on sale at bb on Sunday. Been about 10 days and they still haven't shipped. I also will not be making future purchases at groupon.

They must have been super back-ordered. I received another item in 2-3 days. This item however is getting close to a month....

It's a decent controller, and for the price it is worth it.

However, out of the official pro controller, the afterglow, and this...  It is the worst.  The official is the best and the afterglow is a solid choice as well.  This isn't really what I would use as a primary controller, but it's awesome for multiplayer.

thought about getting it last time they had it, realized they don't except paypal and use their own non secure systems, not worth it to risk it.

Everyone complaining about the long wait to ship if you had read the details it says takes up to 14 days to process and since it's groupon you should always expect to wait the full 14 days.

bread's done
Back