$12 and under Blu-rays at Amazon

Those are about as weak as Wombat's biceps (ohhhhhh snnnnapppp)

Thanks though, I may just be intrigued enough to pick up the Avengers flick.

A warning about the quality of Young Guns on Blu-Ray, this movie is critically flawed. DO NOT BUY IT. See the CAG's own comprehensive Blu-Ray glitch list or google it for details:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210343

My notes here:
http://www.amazon.com/review/R1IU1OIKHNZPCG/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

I do recommend Reservoir Dogs. It looks good, NOTE: casual fans of QT maybe surprised at the amount of film grain brought out by the 1080p transfer. Understand, this was an intentional choice of film stock by the director for the film's 70's verve. If you don't own any of the Anniversary Editions or the CE then you should buy this film! The sound is fantastic, and as any fan knows- QT takes audio and soundtrack choices very seriously (they often make his scenes and movies what they are) it really shines on this medium.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing for me. For those looking into Reservoir Dogs its $10 at Walmart (atleast it was in-store when I was there last time along with several more).

[quote name='Animal7390']anyone know the quality of waiting or van wilder?[/QUOTE]
I like both of those movies and have them already on DVD. Based on the blu disc reviews, I might go for "Waiting", but I don't think I'll upgrade my "Van Wilder".

Here are the "Final Thoughts" from the Hi-def Digest reviews:

Waiting:
While I personally didn't love 'Waiting,' one man's trash is another man's treasure -- use your opinion of similar movies like 'Van Wilder' to predict how much you'll enjoy this one. However, regardless of the film itself, this is undeniably a great Blu-ray disc, featuring a huge upgrade to the video, an uncompressed 7.1 audio track, and a seemingly endless amount of extras. A no-brainer for fans of 'Waiting,' this one is well worth the cost of the upgrade.

Van Wilder
'National Lampoon's Van Wilder' isn't the sort of film critics rave about, and true to form I personally can't stand its heavy-handed, lumbering approach to getting laughs. Still, while the film certainly has its fans, even die-hards are likely to have a tough time with this Blu-ray release. The video transfer is flat and dull, and the supplements (while plentiful) are exceedingly superficial and repetitive. The disc's one bright spot is a solid 7.1 PCM audio mix, but I don't think it adds enough value to save this high-def train wreck.

[quote name='NJMane']Nothing for me. For those looking into Reservoir Dogs its $10 at Walmart (atleast it was in-store when I was there last time along with several more).[/QUOTE]
It should still be there. I think lionsgate dropped the price on all of those titles in the Amazon link. I think most were some of the first BDs ever.

Yea most of these are 10 at walmart. Some that arent, but it might be a worthwhile check before you order anything if they have it. Theres usually a whole row with the prices where u can see what is 10. Picked up crash and young guns the other day.

[quote name='javeryh']T2 is tempting - how is the quality of the transfer?[/quote]

its actually pretty good if you like the movie dont hesitate topick the blu version up

Very good deals, Hope to grab a couple at this price.
iy.gif

iy.gif

iy.gif

iy.gif

[quote name='dealer']But its the theatrical version and not the superior (IMO) director's cut.

I haven't seen the Blu-Ray, but AVSForum has it ranked pretty low in their PQ tier thread. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=858316[/quote]

well ill be... i thought it looked good. heh if anything ita an upgrade to the dvd version

also here are some other reviews:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/23209/terminator-2-judgment-day/

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/17/terminator2.html

both 4/5 stars

I read I think on cag some place where someone had said some time I think this year another total recall with more content was coming to bluray. I would be in for some of them however I don't mind paying tax to get it same day. So none of them really seem worth ordering to me when I can pick them up for around the same price. Thanks for the post though Cheapy.

Nothing for me...Punisher looks tempting but nothing else. Want T2 but will wait for the director's cut. Have like 2 versions of T2 on DVD. Don't need to get anymore until the Director's Cut BD hits.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Possible T2 Director cut hit around new T4 movie hit theater !!![/quote]

Of course they will. They need to make more money off of T2.

if i didn't already have T2 on extreme I might consider it. nothing else catches my eye as Blu-Ray worthy save Stargate. I love that movie. I would probably look good and it's something I'd watch over and over again.

The show sounds interesting and maybe one day I'll watch SG-1

There ARE some good movies in that batch, its just that I have them already and they are the same ones you see on sale everywhere

[quote name='mykevermin']Dirty Dancing in high def! I can die happy![/quote]
Actually with Valentines day coming up . . . I am sadly looking at torturing myself with this purchase- as we own this, Princess Bride and Grease on every format from VHS forward (including LD). "Nobody put's baby in a corner."

[quote name='javeryh']T2 is tempting - how is the quality of the transfer?[/quote]

Nothing special, mediocre in my opinion, though for $12 - assuming you have Prime I'd say it's worth it.

i really should see this Dirty Dancing if for no other reason then so that I might finally understand why that's so hilarious

Some decent movies in their, but everything I'd want I have on DVD and don't really plan on upgrading (Reservoir Dogs, T2, American Psycho).

bread's done
Back