12-Month XBL sub + 5 XBLA games for $49.99 ($40 w/coupon) (Buy.com)

Blade

CAG Newbie
http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-live-12-month-gold-membership-subscription-card/223400383.html

*Download codes for the XBLA titles will be emailed to each customer at the end of the promotion on 3/22/2012. THe 5 free XBLA titles include: Lode Runner, Aqua, Snoopy Flying Ace, The Maw, and R-Type Dimensions.

The retail MSP for all five games combined is $50, and they're just codes so you can trade/sell the ones you don't need. Pretty nice incentive.

EDIT: You can get $10 off to make it $39.99!

[quote name='apinunw']http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=89435668&&

$10 off for new account (even though the total is only $49.99)
HTH[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, thanks so much. Great deal for $39.99.
Quick question, if we still have Gold time and MS points when the next xbox comes out will it transfer over to the new machine or is it wasted? Did the stuff from the original xbox transfer over to the 360? Thanks

Great find -- thanks OP!
And in response to your question the Gooseler, I'm pretty sure they'll continue with the current Xbox Live service. Anything else would just be shenanigans and they'd risk losing all their customers since everyone will already be pissed at their rumored DVD drive-less next-gen console..

[quote name='coren']I'm thinking of grabbing it - would anyone want the games if I did? Going rate of 5 bucks?[/QUOTE]

Rtype and Lode Runner gone - others up for grabs :)

if the arcade game codes get emailed then does that mean the live code can be emailed also.
would make sense

Just got the deal. Willing to trade The Maw for points, DLC, or another XBLA game.

EDIT: Random question that I don't have time to research right now ... Do any of these games have avatar awards?

If anyone doesn't want their code the The Maw, check out my trade list. I really want that game and have been waiting for a deal of some sort.

[quote name='Narsis84']Just got the deal. Willing to trade The Maw for points, DLC, or another XBLA game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KemperJones']If anyone doesn't want their code the The Maw, check out my trade list. I really want that game and have been waiting for a deal of some sort.[/QUOTE]

^_^

Great find, don't have those games and 39.99 for a year when mine is up soon was too good to turn down.

I've never actually bought anything from Buy.com before. I get all of my mail sent to a PO Box, but since they don't do that (like NewEgg), I had them send it to my house. Is the free shipping through the USPS, or (hopefully) UPS or FedEx? Because if it's USPS, they will just refuse the package, and send it back to Buy.com without ever telling me. I don't get mail at my house anymore, due to previous identity theft issues that my mom had, from people stealing our mail. So, i'm kinda worried that I just wasted $40.

TLDR: Anybody know who Buy.com uses for their free shipping?

Excellent find OP. I didn't have any of those games and I've been wanting to get Lode Runner for a couple of years. Great find on the new account discount as well.

[quote name='Narsis84']EDIT: Random question that I don't have time to research right now ... Do any of these games have avatar awards?[/QUOTE]

Aqua & Snoopy have Avatar Awards.
The Maw has a great Premium Theme that unlocks when you beat the game.

Full list of all avatar awards ever released here.

I didn't realize R-Type is (still) 1,200 msp. That's crazy and/or a great deal with this offer.

anybody know if they will email the live since the arcade games will be emailed
also, are there any other places doing this or just these guys.

How is something that should be free, but isn't, and is on sale, a good deal? Not sure why this thread is rated so highly.

Guess I need to start a thread about PSN being free, since that is a much much better deal.

[quote name='neuropunk']How is something that should be free, but isn't, and is on sale, a good deal? Not sure why this thread is rated so highly.

Guess I need to start a thread about PSN being free, since that is a much much better deal.[/QUOTE]

...sigh, can't have a thread not get crapped on by idiots like these. No matter how much anyone whines, xbox live premium isn't going to go away. This is a good deal regardless of your opinion. Complaining that it should be free, therefore not a deal, is a moronic waste of a post. Now crawl back under your bridge so the rest can enjoy the much superior online service (I have/play both psn+/xbox live so in b4 "lulz xbox fanboi").

I would do this but I'm already good until 2014. So unless I could off load the year of live, I just can't justify the purchase, even for games.

[quote name='Cephiros']I would do this but I'm already good until 2014. So unless I could off load the year of live, I just can't justify the purchase, even for games.[/QUOTE]

You probably won't have a problem finding someone willing to pay around 30 for it. The 5 games for 10 is pretty damn nice.

So tempting, but for some reason I get the feeling Xbox live is about to be free... Still have a year left, so I don't want to take the chance. Thanks though OP! I got all the way to the final button, but just couldn't push it.

[quote name='sylveranking']...sigh, can't have a thread not get crapped on by idiots like these. No matter how much anyone whines, xbox live premium isn't going to go away. This is a good deal regardless of your opinion. Complaining that it should be free, therefore not a deal, is a moronic waste of a post. Now crawl back under your bridge so the rest can enjoy the much superior online service (I have/play both psn+/xbox live so in b4 "lulz xbox fanboi").[/QUOTE]
you're the one who pays for this service, so looks like you (not me) are the idiot here and you live under a bridge.

[quote name='sylveranking']You probably won't have a problem finding someone willing to pay around 30 for it. The 5 games for 10 is pretty damn nice.[/QUOTE]

You're right about that. In addition, I don't even know if I really want the snoopy game. However, I did bite since I don't think I'd have problems off loading the 12 month code and the free games total up to $50 at current prices.

[quote name='neuropunk']you're the one who pays for this service, so looks like you (not me) are the idiot here and you live under a bridge.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I heard you knew where the three billy goats gruff were?

do they only mail the live code or can it be sent through email. i ask as they send the arcade codes then they should be able to send the live code.

Thanks OP, can always use a good deal on live sub. I didnt have any of the five games either and got to use the 10 dollar of promo making mine 44 after tax.

Cant beat that with a stick.

[quote name='neuropunk']you're the one who pays for this service, so looks like you (not me) are the idiot here and you live under a bridge.[/QUOTE]

Go shimmy up a pole and rotate. Its basically an accepted fact that psn is inferior to xbox live. Id much rather pay the minor amount for a better service than to get a crappy one for free. If xbox live wasnt worth money, then how come every time the new FPS of the month drops, there is always more people online on xbox playing than on ps3...?

Just go away...

ARRRGH - I absolutely cannot get the $10 coupon to work and that's pretty much a deal-killer for me. It keeps saying that I'm not eligible and then takes the coupon out of my cart, even if I'm over $50. I've run out of email addresses at this point trying to get it to activate. Anyone else having similar problems?

[quote name='SkylineChili4Me']ARRRGH - I absolutely cannot get the $10 coupon to work and that's pretty much a deal-killer for me. It keeps saying that I'm not eligible and then takes the coupon out of my cart, even if I'm over $50. I've run out of email addresses at this point trying to get it to activate. Anyone else having similar problems?[/QUOTE]

Did you try deleting your cookies? Try private browsing, that should work.

[quote name='neuropunk']How is something that should be free, but isn't, and is on sale, a good deal? Not sure why this thread is rated so highly.

Guess I need to start a thread about PSN being free, since that is a much much better deal.[/QUOTE]
You also get what you pay for, you don't pay for PSN and get a clunky interface, no party/private cross game chat, service getting hacked and taken down for over a month etc.

Don't like XBL/360 then don't come in here you silly fanboy.

Witty comeback, thought trolls were a bit more intelligent than this, but I guess I was proven wrong. The others already pointed out why live>psn so I won't bother to regurgitate the facts.

Also, stated previously, but I haven't seen Gold at full retail price for the past few months. So, say you picked it up at $35 recently. That's only $2.92 a month. With this deal you're getting $50 worth of games and with coupon and without tax a year of gold for $40.00. That's only $3.33 a month.

I would like to buy The Maw and R-Type from anyone who doesnt want them. Looks like the going rate is $5 each game. I'll gladly pay $10 for them.

[quote name='styl3s']You also get what you pay for, you don't pay for PSN and get a clunky interface, no party/private cross game chat, service getting hacked and taken down for over a month etc.

Don't like XBL/360 then don't come in here you silly fanboy.[/QUOTE]

How is PSN a clunky interface? I love it's simple and easy to navigate design compared to Live's ad covered slabs that make it a burden to find what you want and not what they want you to buy/use. PSN is far and away better in most categories for me. Only thing i want is party chat but for the price of free i could care less. Add in the fact that Plus actually adds value to your account instead of just giving you access to basic features that are free on every other form of video game system.

[quote name='limelight022']I would like to buy The Maw and R-Type from anyone who doesnt want them. Looks like the going rate is $5 each game. I'll gladly pay $10 for them.[/QUOTE]

10 each or for both

[quote name='styl3s']You also get what you pay for, you don't pay for PSN and get a clunky interface, no party/private cross game chat, service getting hacked and taken down for over a month etc.

Don't like XBL/360 then don't come in here you silly fanboy.[/QUOTE]

Xbl got Hacked and people's xbl accounts got hacked to and they are achievement reset problems so its not only psn that has problems

Last edited:
Quick question for people that got in on this deal....It seems that the games/codes will be sent to your e-mail on the 22nd of March....I got confirmed shipping on my Xbox card, but the confirmation mentioned nothing of the free games....is this the same for others?

bread's done
Back