12-Month XBL sub + 5 XBLA games for $49.99 ($40 w/coupon) (Buy.com)

Blade

CAG Newbie
http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-live-12-month-gold-membership-subscription-card/223400383.html

*Download codes for the XBLA titles will be emailed to each customer at the end of the promotion on 3/22/2012. THe 5 free XBLA titles include: Lode Runner, Aqua, Snoopy Flying Ace, The Maw, and R-Type Dimensions.

The retail MSP for all five games combined is $50, and they're just codes so you can trade/sell the ones you don't need. Pretty nice incentive.

EDIT: You can get $10 off to make it $39.99!

[quote name='apinunw']http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=89435668&&

$10 off for new account (even though the total is only $49.99)
HTH[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was good, you might double check to make you typed it right. If you want to check to see if the code is good use the X-Box itself the X-Box website will automatically redeem the code

I'm still thinking about picking this up even though I've already got the other bundle with the 1600 MS points from the MS store... I need help. lol

[quote name='dutch72']Mine was good, you might double check to make you typed it right. If you want to check to see if the code is good use the X-Box itself the X-Box website will automatically redeem the code[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, didnt even think about trying on the website. It worked on the site and not the console. Wierd

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Thoughts about the game selection? I am tempted to bite, wondering how good the included games are.[/QUOTE]

the only dud of the group is Aqua. The other ones were highly rated.

I've always wanted Lode Runner but it started off $15 (1200 points) which just killed it and stunted any chance of it taking off. It has online multiplayer and a level editor!

I already have Snoopy which is an awesome game.

Heard great things about The Maw but I don't know anything about it.

R-Type Dimensions was one I wanted but again, not at $15.

If you go by original prices, Lode Runner was $15, Snoopy Flying Ace was $10, The Maw was $10, R-Type Dimensions was $15, and Aqua was $10. Now, Lode Runner is $10 (which makes far more sense as a normal price than $15).

I don't need R type/ The Maw/ or Lode Runner if anyone is interested. I can offer 50% off each one. Aqua also if for some reason someone wants it.

[quote name='Dund3r']Snoopy is freakin awesome. There probably isn't much of a multiplayer community left for that game, but it was so good when it first came out.[/QUOTE]

I just played this a month or two ago and there's still tons of people playing it. Unfortunately, since I hadn't played it in a long while, I had my a$$ handed to me. Forgot all the techniques and strategies.

Got my 12 month card today, don't know when they send the codes but i have 0 interest in any of the games.

So i am open to trading them for points (half of what they cost on XBLA) or will sell all together for a even better price.

Open to trades (for other XBLA games) if you want to trade, if you want to trade games for games, game for game just send me a list of what you have.

[quote name='dirtyvu']the only dud of the group is Aqua. The other ones were highly rated.[/QUOTE]
I tried demos of the games while awaiting the codes' arrival:

Surprisingly, I enjoyed Aqua. I had initially confused Aqua with the game they gave out for free when Live went down for a bit in 2008: Undertow. Now that game was awful.

R-Type was disappointing for me. I didn't realize it was just a prettied-up version of the originals. First CAG to PM for dibs can have my R-Type code for $5 (or trade) when I get it. EDIT: Dibbed.

Lode Runner is fantastic. It's pure joy setting a trap for a falling baddy then stealing his gold as I step on his trapped head :)

[quote name='Zantra']I've never actually bought anything from Buy.com before. I get all of my mail sent to a PO Box, but since they don't do that (like NewEgg), I had them send it to my house. Is the free shipping through the USPS, or (hopefully) UPS or FedEx? Because if it's USPS, they will just refuse the package, and send it back to Buy.com without ever telling me. I don't get mail at my house anymore, due to previous identity theft issues that my mom had, from people stealing our mail. So, i'm kinda worried that I just wasted $40.

TLDR: Anybody know who Buy.com uses for their free shipping?[/QUOTE]

I will tell you their free shipping is UPS, as far as I can see here (thats how mine is being shipped). I do hope you're able to get it nonetheless.

They used UPS Mail Innovations for mine: UPS delivers it to the post office in your town, then your USPS swiffers their floor with it for a few days before eventually delivering it to you via your local disgruntled mailman.

Zantra: you should really look into getting a PO Box, I can't imagine going through internet life without a mailing address.

[quote name='Kerig']I tried demos of the games while awaiting the codes' arrival:

Surprisingly, I enjoyed Aqua. I had initially confused Aqua with the game they gave out for free when Live went down for a bit in 2008: Undertow. Now that game was awful.

R-Type was disappointing for me. I didn't realize it was just a prettied-up version of the originals. First CAG to PM for dibs can have my R-Type code for $5 (or trade) when I get it. EDIT: Dibbed.

Lode Runner is fantastic. It's pure joy setting a trap for a falling baddy then stealing his gold as I step on his trapped head :)[/QUOTE]

I loved Lode Runner on the Atari 1200XL when I was a kid. My brothers and I made tons of levels to play as well. The only negative I saw from my memories of the Xbox version is that there are less blocks on the screen because they made the characters bigger and blew up the size of the blocks. So the level's essentially smaller and less room to build your masterpieces.

R-Type is a SHMUP and I love SHMUPs.

If anyone wants Snoopy Flying Ace (I already own it) or Aqua, PM me.

Here's how much space you had in the old version, giving you plenty of room to build a level. Go to 4:14 for a sample of some smiley faces:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxunG8TdvQw

Here's how constrained the level is on the Xbox. Yes, the level scrolls on the Xbox so you can build big levels but your view of the level was so small and zoomed in. Part of the charm of the old version was you could draw a face or a body or make words as part of the level. so I could make a level that says "You Will Die":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgyAtQBGtXI

[quote name='apinunw']I have yet received the XBLA codes. Should I start to worry?[/QUOTE]

the buy.com page says the codes will go out on 3/22. I think this is to prevent people from redeeming the codes and returning/stop payment on the 12-month card?

*Download codes for the XBLA titles will be emailed to each customer at the end of the promotion on 3/22/2012. THe 5 free XBLA titles include: Lode Runner, Aqua, Snoopy Flying Ace, The Maw, and R-Type Dimensions. Xbox LIVE Card must be purchased from Buy.com

[quote name='roninalchemist']i will tell you their free shipping is ups, as far as i can see here (thats how mine is being shipped). I do hope you're able to get it nonetheless.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='Kerig']They used UPS Mail Innovations for mine: UPS delivers it to the post office in your town, then your USPS swiffers their floor with it for a few days before eventually delivering it to you via your local disgruntled mailman.

Zantra: you should really look into getting a PO Box, I can't imagine going through internet life without a mailing address.[/QUOTE]

I have a PO Box. As far as I can tell, UPS gave it to the local post office. Which basically screws me, because the tracking says that the package is undeliverable, and to contact Buy.com. If it was just UPS delivering the package to my house, I would have got it by now.

I hate PO Box as well.....no one likes to deliver to those.

When I use my actual address, almost all websites say it doesn't exist.

Few sites accept my physical address, like Newegg or Amazon, which is good enough for me.

[quote name='ral1121']I hate PO Box as well.....no one likes to deliver to those.

When I use my actual address, almost all websites say it doesn't exist.

Few sites accept my physical address, like Newegg or Amazon, which is good enough for me.[/QUOTE]
Do you live like 30 miles away from civilization or something? i live in the middle of bum____ nowhere and have no problem.

I haven't even recieved my card in the mail yet. They claim that it is being delivered today (after being undeliverable), but it also says that my package has been in transit from the post office to my house, for the past 2 days.

Update: I still haven't recieved an email with the codes, or the actual card. If they haven't shown up by tomorrow, i'm going to call them and complain. There are a lot of better deals popping up for a year of Xbox live, that I could be buying with the $45, that i'm spending on this "deal".

I received my sub card yesterday which was my expected delivery date. Sounds like there's an issue with yours getting delivered by USPS.

[quote name='Nico8912']I received my sub card yesterday which was my expected delivery date. Sounds like there's an issue with yours getting delivered by USPS.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, feel free to read my previous posts to find out why.

[quote name='knocturnal']i just received and redeemed all of my codes about two minutes ago so check your e-mail everyone.[/QUOTE]

ditto (btw lurkers codes are used :bouncy:)

Dear Buy.com Customer, Thank you for purchasing your Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership card from Buy.com! Here are your 5 XBLA codes for R-Type Dimensions, The Maw, Lode Runner, Snoopy Flying Ace, and Aqua. Hope you enjoy Xbox LIVE and all of the great content available there! Here are your unique codes. Please do not lose them, as they will not be replaced. R-Type Dimensions Redemption Code: JGXDG-6CY46-X7C3Y-M9PKG-KKDHZ The Maw Redemption Code: 9H6MM-FJCGH-7HKYV-77949-HR3MZ Load Runner Redemption Code: MG2C3-2QGQV-CY6V9-476TT-MPD9Z Snoopy Flying Ace Redemption Code: GMC9M-HHTMX-FFVXD-3QVTQ-MPMVZ Aqua Redemption Code: DW7TG-CMWH6-42TX3-WX7M6-JCJTZ If you are unsure of how to redeem your codes, click here: http://support.xbox. com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/prepaid-codes/redeem-prepaid-codes We hope you have enjoyed your shopping experience at Buy.com and we thank you again for your business. Happy Gaming! Sincerely, The Buy.com Games team

[quote name='purplecfh']ditto (btw lurkers codes are used :bouncy:)

Dear Buy.com Customer, Thank you for purchasing your Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership card from Buy.com! Here are your 5 XBLA codes for R-Type Dimensions, The Maw, Lode Runner, Snoopy Flying Ace, and Aqua. Hope you enjoy Xbox LIVE and all of the great content available there! Here are your unique codes. Please do not lose them, as they will not be replaced. R-Type Dimensions Redemption Code: JGXDG-6CY46-X7C3Y-M9PKG-KKDHZ The Maw Redemption Code: 9H6MM-FJCGH-7HKYV-77949-HR3MZ Load Runner Redemption Code: MG2C3-2QGQV-CY6V9-476TT-MPD9Z Snoopy Flying Ace Redemption Code: GMC9M-HHTMX-FFVXD-3QVTQ-MPMVZ Aqua Redemption Code: DW7TG-CMWH6-42TX3-WX7M6-JCJTZ If you are unsure of how to redeem your codes, click here: http://support.xbox. com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/prepaid-codes/redeem-prepaid-codes We hope you have enjoyed your shopping experience at Buy.com and we thank you again for your business. Happy Gaming! Sincerely, The Buy.com Games team[/QUOTE]

Just got my codes, too.

Thanks OP!

Do u still get the codes now if you didn't get the card yet and also did anyone's dc# not work for them

Edit got my codes today too but not my 1 year card

Got my codes today, but no card until the 26th.

Im keeping R-type and Maw, but selling Snoopy Flying aces, Aqua and Lode runner. PM some offers, ill sell those three for $12.50

Got all my codes a few hours ago, looked up all the games to make sure i didn't want any and yup, none appeal to me.

Still willing to trade for MS points or for other XBLA games.

Got my Card and Codes today.

Willing to sell all the codes; none of the games interest me too much (and I already have a massive backlog!)

Willing to accept Paypal or MS points if anyone wants to trade. PM me.

I've decided to ask for a full refund on the card, and I didn't use the game codes. UPS sent me an email saying that the card is 'undeliverable', with no further explanation of what that means. And, that I should contact Buy.com for further assistance. So, i'm slightly annoyed. But, hopefully they'll refund my money, so that I can use it to buy something else.

Got my codes today too. I'm willing to sell every game.

I'll take MS points, PSN cards, or Paypal. Just PM me to make an offer!

All together they = 4000 points, will trade all for a 1200point card, less than half of what they are worth.

Or up for trades.

bread's done
Back