12 Month XBox Live/ $39.99 (YMMV Retention Deal via phone)

TheFizzzzzz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
229 (100%)
The OFFICIAL thread was pretty bogged down with stuff so I wanted to put this tasty morsel on here for everyone close to running out to enjoy. This worked for me last week and the 1-800-4MY-XBOX operator i talked GUARANTEED me this would work EVERY TIME.

1. Call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and either choose to speak to an operator for billing/subscriptions or wait for an option to speak to someone in the SAVE dept.

2. Inform them you won't be renewing your subscription because the price is too high and they will offer you either a 3 month or a 12 month deal. I do yearly so they offered me 12 months for 39.99 to renew the day my subscription runs out. They then informed me that as long as I call them before the subscription runs out next year, the offer would be available again for me to use.

3. Enjoy some cheap Live for a year!!

I know this will work for everyone because as soon as I got off of the phone I had 4 friends call from different numbers and get the exact same deal.

Hope this helps my fellow CAGs.

This does work,I cancelled my auto renew and informed them it is a bit much when I can find it cheaper and he went down to $25 a year for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheFizzzzzz']Just don't wanna pay 59.99 for the exact same thing I was paying 49.99 or less for a year ago. AND you can't beat 39.99.[/QUOTE]

I stocked up last year when Best Buy had the 1 year cards for $29.99. Beat that! :D

Just called to cancel my auto renew and honestly told them that the cost they are asking for a yearly was going to be a burned on my expenses. Customer service rep then told me that I am eligible for the auto renew to be set at $39.99 in October when my account is up.

Thanks OP.

Props to you Chrono Gear... I'm relatively new to CAG so I'm playing catch up... for everyone else without mounds of 12 month cards sitting around this will save a pretty penny for sure...

I did this a few weeks ago. I got locked in at $35.99. I also said I couldn't afford to renew until payday and they gave me a free month on top of that.

[quote name='TheFizzzzzz']Props to you Chrono Gear... I'm relatively new to CAG so I'm playing catch up... for everyone else without mounds of 12 month cards sitting around this will save a pretty penny for sure...[/QUOTE]

BB had a sale as recently as 2-3 months ago IIRC where you could score cards for $30. If you are not in immediate need I would wait to snag them at that price. It's fairly uncommon but patience is a virtue.

Honestly, it's like this with any subscription service. When you say you are cancelling or thinking about switching to a competitor, they sales person on the phone will always try to do their damnedest to keep you as a customer. Whether it means bonuses, reduced rates, or whatever, they would rather keep you at a reduced subscription rate than lose your business entirely.

My house has been between cable providers over the last year. No more than 2 weeks ago, we talked our monthly bill down a decent amount, and even got free NFL Sunday Ticket, Red Zone, and whatever else they offer in their highest level football package.

just a heads up, if your have @gamer mag from BB, u can buy the Xbox Live starter kit for $45.

Its on sale from $75 to $60. With @gamer mag coupon, it brings it down to $45.

u get -
12 month live card
400 MP
Headset + keypad

its a good deal if u ask me, but I have another 7 months to go, so yea...

[quote name='mgorsi']just a heads up, if your have @gamer mag from BB, u can buy the Xbox Live starter kit for $45.

u get -
12 month live card
400 MP
Headset + keypad

its a good deal if u ask me, but I have another 7 months to go, so yea...[/QUOTE]
....can I have your code? XD lol

[quote name='mgorsi']just a heads up, if your have @gamer mag from BB, u can buy the Xbox Live starter kit for $45.

u get -
12 month live card
400 MP
Headset + keypad

its a good deal if u ask me, but I have another 7 months to go, so yea...[/QUOTE]

Other than this deal what other benefits you get for being a subscriber? I am debating about signing only because it is a print mag.

Called, didn't even mention price - just wanted to turn off auto renewal as I was doing $10 / month and they offered $39.99 for a year or $10 for three months. Took the year offer.

bread's done
Back