12 Xbox live kit w/crismon skies for original Xbox at Game Crazy for 2.99

i dont have a game crazy where i live :(

...or i would have got one for my friend!

It was a one in a million shot doc
frank-costanza.jpg

[quote name='Great12k6']Just brought one today from the Columbia,SC store and the code will work for a Xbox 360.[/quote]

was it where the used games were or was it behind the counter as a new item?

i work at the columbia store so i know that I brought the last one but you never know they might send us another one.

My god, I didn't think any stores still had this left over. Yeah, if you can find it, it's 2.99. So are XBox Memory Cards.. they may actually be $1.99. My store hasn't had this since the 360 launched..

[quote name='CaoPi']is it new?[/quote]

How could it NOT be new? #-o

If you're in the market to buy some Live and Points cards that have already been used, though, have I got a great deal for you..

[quote name='Scorch']How could it NOT be new? #-o

If you're in the market to buy some Live and Points cards that have already been used, though, have I got a great deal for you..[/quote]

how can you use a card code once it's used?

[quote name='CaoPi']how can you use a card code once it's used?[/quote]

:dunce::dunce::dunce:

You CAN'T. That's why I was making a joke at you asking if the deal was for "new" copies of the live kits with crimson skies.

[quote name='kidrocklive']i'm amazed nobody picked these up earlier. I assume people don't know that you can use it with the 360?[/quote]

I rarely go to gamecrazy, they had a small bin of 99 cents goods when I checked out their stuff on black friday Vegas 2 was nowhere to be found, I found a madcatz gun the only one that works for the xbox, random junk goods some are worth it though....

[quote name='kidrocklive']i'm amazed nobody picked these up earlier. I assume people don't know that you can use it with the 360?[/QUOTE]
This is the reason I have never paid more than 17 bucks a year for Live on my 360 because I bought some these on clearance at $17. I need to find these but most of the GC around me just opened within the last 2 years.

I am going tomorrow to see if I can find that deal. I just got a 12 month live card for $34. Well I can get two of those kits and get 3 years for $40. Not a bad deal.

I picked up a card from sears like 4 months ago for $6.97. Doubt they have any left but I can confim Sears had then new ;-)

I'm surprised you only bought one. If it were me I would've gotten three and be set with xbox live :)

but it's time like these where I wish I had a GC near me.. :(

Wow, I hope the GC near me is doing this. I'll check tomorrow. I'll probably pick up 5. They'll make fantastic presents for my friends. (And 2 cheap years of live for me)

Wow. This even top the $6 out of business sale I got I few years ago. I gave them all to my friend after finding out how many annoying people are on Xbox live.

Odds of finding one now is probably slim to none.

[quote name='playing mantis']What about the original xbox live 12 month cards? What is the current GC price on these?[/quote]

[quote name='sarge1991']My GC has an old 12 month time card marked at regular price is there a chance that it would ring up cheap too?[/quote]

I asked at my GC store today. The guy said it's priced as it's marked. Said someone else already made him check it before...so it seems to be a no go. All price changes occur automatically from corporate, right?

[quote name='playing mantis']I asked at my GC store today. The guy said it's priced as it's marked. Said someone else already made him check it before...so it seems to be a no go. All price changes occur automatically from corporate, right?[/quote]
And you walked out the door and he had himself a $3 live sub. :applause:

Yeah dude you should have had him ring it up.. if it didn't show up as a price you wanted to buy it for, you could have just declined.

[quote name='x_fiddle'].[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure all LIVE cards have an expiration date. If these are over 2 years old, there is a really good chance they are all out of date. The good news is the game would still work.

[quote name='Yoshi_Rider']I'm pretty sure all LIVE cards have an expiration date. If these are over 2 years old, there is a really good chance they are all out of date. The good news is the game would still work.[/quote]

do ya homework sonny, card codes dont really expire, and if they do you can call MS and get a working code. I bought a headset with live for the oldbox and the 12 month code worked fine. I did scour the closest game crazy and found nothing. (Austin on brodie ln)

always check used crimson skies at gamestop too. this is how i got my gold originally. since gamestop corporate cuts open new games and sells them as used or people just sell stolen games and don't use the cards.

[quote name='playing mantis']I asked at my GC store today. The guy said it's priced as it's marked. Said someone else already made him check it before...so it seems to be a no go. All price changes occur automatically from corporate, right?[/quote]

Most GC employees are bred to be liars in my opinion. I have had some good and bad experiences with GC, but when you know they're lying it really sucks. Good luck to anyone that can scoop these up.

edit: Suppose he would have bought it himself if it were $3, but again I have attempted to buy things from GC on clearance and have been blatantly lied to(this is mostly the penny guides that I have a problem, which is usually YMMV to begin with) There is just something about a sales clerk not looking you in the eyes and having to think about what the price of an item should be.

Last edited by a moderator:
The old school live cards by themselves are $49.99. He wasn't lying to you. My store has like ten of them, believe me, I've been watching their price like a hawk waiting for them to drop.

The old school Crimson Skies and MechAssault bundles are the only ones that are $2.99.

[quote name='Scorch']The old school live cards by themselves are $49.99. He wasn't lying to you. My store has like ten of them, believe me, I've been watching their price like a hawk waiting for them to drop.

The old school Crimson Skies and MechAssault bundles are the only ones that are $2.99.[/quote]

If the old live cards ever drop let me know I got a GC a pretty far distance away but I happen to pass by it about once a month or so and they've had those cards for literally years :p

[quote name='Scorch']The old school live cards by themselves are $49.99. He wasn't lying to you. My store has like ten of them, believe me, I've been watching their price like a hawk waiting for them to drop.

The old school Crimson Skies and MechAssault bundles are the only ones that are $2.99.[/quote]

i will paypal you 15 bucks for one of those! Please!!!

bread's done
Back