120gig to 120gig Transfer

Rollett

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I'm buying a new elite, and ofcorse it comes with a 120gig HD i own the transfer cables ect... and was wondering if i could move data from a 120 to a different 120... That way it would match my elite. My old system is doing lock ups ect.. i would like to ditch everything about it really.. including its old HD...

So in a nut shell all im asking is a 120 to 120 Transfer possible ? I know a 20 to 20 is... right ? Going to sleep hopefully have some responses by am :)

You can move from one 20gb to another 20gb. Not sure about 120 to 120. If 20 to 20 works, I don't see why 120 to 120 wouldn't. It only says you can't go from a bigger drive to a smaller drive.

I tried doing this myself, I had a 120 GB and bought a new elite. Tried using the transfer cable and disc to transfer my current 120GB drive to the new 120GB drive from the elite but it wouldn't let me do it.

The page about the transfer kit on Xbox.com apparently has not been updated in a long time, because there is no mention of the 60GB HDD. But here's what info it does have:

You have the option to perform a one-time transfer of content from a 20GB Xbox 360 hard drive to another Xbox 360 20GB or Xbox 360 120GB hard drive.
Not definitive, but it would seem that you can't go 120GB to 120GB. And as I was typing this, I actually read the post above me, which does have the definitive answer, apparently.

bread's done
Back