12m XBL Online Code - $43 (get it for $33 if you have Amazon *code credit*)

[quote name='polo14player']I never got a 10 credit :whistle2:[ hmmm[/QUOTE]

Amazon used to bundle them with games. For the most part it was useless, but for prices such as these, they are worthwhile.

[quote name='Zamora']Dug up that e-mail code from November and got a code for $33! Thanks![/QUOTE]

No problem. Glad at least one person benefited lol.

i cant find this info but i know its been released, how long until microsoft wants to release new system? 2015? i read it on kotaku but cant find it now. im covered till 2013 but this is a good deal

I don't need anything from the email, though, right? The $10 just automatically applies if you have the credit, right?

EDIT:Not that it's a deal breaker, but $43.99 =/= $43... ;)

[quote name='Lucian']I don't need anything from the email, though, right? The $10 just automatically applies if you have the credit, right?

EDIT:Not that it's a deal breaker, but $43.99 =/= $43... ;)[/QUOTE]

It must have went up.

Thanks a lot. I got that promotional discount in Nov too and never would have remembered it.

For those that are wondering it does apply it automatically right before you finalize the order. Great price for another year of Live.

[quote name='bajingo']i cant find this info but i know its been released, how long until microsoft wants to release new system? 2015? i read it on kotaku but cant find it now. im covered till 2013 but this is a good deal[/QUOTE]
I believe Nintendo is looking at 2012 and sony/ms are looking to release around 2014. This is still speculation from them though they haven't officially confirmed anything. Maybe at e3 they may have more details though.

Nintendo has officially confirmed 2012.

I am worried that the next xbox console won't charge for live, or will ave a different format, and extra live subs will get the shaft. Then again they did carry over live from the original xbox to the 360 so who knows.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']I believe Nintendo is looking at 2012 and sony/ms are looking to release around 2014. This is still speculation from them though they haven't officially confirmed anything. Maybe at e3 they may have more details though.

Nintendo has officially confirmed 2012.

I am worried that the next xbox console won't charge for live, or will ave a different format, and extra live subs will get the shaft. Then again they did carry over live from the original xbox to the 360 so who knows.[/QUOTE]

After the PSN fiasco, I'm sure MS will continue to charge.

Any way to check if you've got the discount? I can get it for a little cheaper through Expertzone but I'm a whore for Amazon.

i wouldnt expect any company moving forward to offer something for free that is currently making them millions. thanks all, i will sit this one out and wait for more free live subs to land in my lap

[quote name='gage006']After the PSN fiasco, I'm sure MS will continue to charge.

Any way to check if you've got the discount? I can get it for a little cheaper through Expertzone but I'm a whore for Amazon.[/QUOTE]

It should show at the final checkout step.

Cool. Thanks. I got one, too. I just renewed for $30 last month, but this is still an awesome price (after $10 credit) that will be hard to beat in the next year.

I'm trying to purchase it using my $10 credit, but my $20 credit for Portal 2 is showing up as well. However, I don't want to use my $20 Portal 2 credit for it. Any ideas on how to manage what credits are applied?

[quote name='Crono51']I'm trying to purchase it using my $10 credit, but my $20 credit for Portal 2 is showing up as well. However, I don't want to use my $20 Portal 2 credit for it. Any ideas on how to manage what credits are applied?[/QUOTE]
For game credits, there is usually a check box somewhere during checkout to apply the credit or not.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']For game credits, there is usually a check box somewhere during checkout to apply the credit or not.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I'm not finding that. I think its due to the nature of it being a digital purchase, and that it requires me to input my credit card info, rather than loading one that I already have on file. Normally, if I go to "choose another payment method," it takes me to a screen where I can select/deselect credits for my order.

...No such luck this time though.

(Yes, I'm aware that there's not much difference between applying a credit I have now, and using it later, since in the end, the outcome is the same. I was just planning on using the $20 on something else down the line, like another game with a $20 credit.)

[quote name='PapaSmerf']For game credits, there is usually a check box somewhere during checkout to apply the credit or not.[/QUOTE]

It's all or nothing type of deal, unfortunately.

Good lookin' out, OP. Totally forgot about the promo code (was it for Black Ops?).

Just renewed from that $29.99 Dashboard deal in March, but 33.99 is going to be hard to beat. Now I'm good until March, 2013.

Thanks OP! Totally forgot about the code - picked up a 360 for the kids for x-mas, and the best deal I could find in January was $40 for a 12 mo card which didn't use this promo. Tacking on another year for $34 is a no-brainer.

LOL thanks OP. A quick search in my inbox showed that in November I received $10 for xbox live credit. Funny thing is I had called to complain about the online xbox live 12month being unavailable so they gave me $10 to use as any type of credit. But since this online 12month stayed on the account, I guess I can use it here too. $34 for a year isn't bad. I haven't been subbed for awhile since I don't play xbox, but with hulu plus coming tomorrow plus NBA etc, I guess it's as good of time as any.

So thanks for reminding me I have $10 off XBOX live haha.

[quote name='gage006']
Any way to check if you've got the discount? I can get it for a little cheaper through Expertzone but I'm a whore for Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Go to the MP3 section of amazon and click on any random album or song. Underneath the buy button is a link that says 'redeem gift card or promotion code & check balance"...click on that and it will show where you have credit in various categories.....I just did it myself and found out I have a $5 MP3 and $5 on demand video credits I had no idea I had.....The $10 credit for xbox live, if you have it, I believe will be in the software/video games category.

[quote name='K_G']Go to the MP3 section of amazon and click on any random album or song. Underneath the buy button is a link that says 'redeem gift card or promotion code & check balance"...click on that and it will show where you have credit in various categories.....I just did it myself and found out I have a $5 MP3 and $5 on demand video credits I had no idea I had.....The $10 credit for xbox live, if you have it, I believe will be in the software/video games category.[/QUOTE]
Excellent info. Thanks!

I'm not sure if I still have the e-mail, but any idea when the $10 credit expires? Wondering if I can hold out until the holidays when the price usually drops.

[quote name='imacgod']I'm not sure if I still have the e-mail, but any idea when the $10 credit expires? Wondering if I can hold out until the holidays when the price usually drops.[/QUOTE]

I don't anticipate prices dropping lower than 30, and in terms of expiration: it has to be valid for at least a year.

[quote name='imacgod']I'm not sure if I still have the e-mail, but any idea when the $10 credit expires? Wondering if I can hold out until the holidays when the price usually drops.[/QUOTE]

Copied from the email......The promotional credit must be used by December 31, 2011.

I just got the renewal notice for the wife's account this morning. I am so glad I checked here first because I completely forgot about the 10 dollar code. Thanks so much :)

bread's done
Back