12month+1 XBL card $45 @ Radioshack

[quote name='shrike4242']There's a $10 off $40 or more coupon in the Entertainment 2008 book that would bring this down to $35.[/quote]
Sir, you just put me in my car.

[quote name='themidnighter23']I've always wondered, do the cards expire after a certain date?[/quote]

They have an expiration date but you can still use them after that. A CAG bought like 4 XBL 12+1 on ebay for a steal and sold them here for $30 each

The old cards expire this July. Shouldn't be a problem though, I recently redeemed a subscription that was 16 months expired with no problem.

Well they're $43.99 on Amazon right now, probably to beat that. Free ship and no tax (except for the lucky ones). Not as good as $10 off with that coupon though.

the last two time that I used the coupon legit from the book, they really examined it to make sure it was legit; even the supervisor had to come and check it out cause the regular clerk didn't know for sure. good luck on a scan. oh yeah, they're doubled sided, also.

[quote name='davo1224']Accepting that coupon is YMMV as all RadioShack stores were sent a memo to not honor that coupon on any videogame purchases.[/quote]
Since I don't have the coupon, does it have any exclusions on it? Something like we reserve the right to "blah blah blah". If not then I don't see how they can exclude video game items.

[quote name='mogamer']Since I don't have the coupon, does it have any exclusions on it? Something like we reserve the right to "blah blah blah". If not then I don't see how they can exclude video game items.[/quote]

It's explicitly vague if that makes any sense. It mentions that it won't work on any items like iPods or other mp3 players, Sirius, GPS, any items already on sale, etc.

[quote name='eliter1']They have an expiration date but you can still use them after that. A CAG bought like 4 XBL 12+1 on ebay for a steal and sold them here for $30 each[/quote]

Indeed. That was me. I got four of them for like $25 shipped. Someone on here actually bid me up during the last minute. Up until then, I think the bid was only up to like $10.

People are also always redeeming the expired ones that come in Unplugged Volume 1.

Entertainment Books are $30, but if any of your local Blockbuster stores have them, they're discounted at $20. Lotsa buy 1/get 1 coupons in there for many places.

[quote name='mogamer']Since I don't have the coupon, does it have any exclusions on it? Something like we reserve the right to "blah blah blah". If not then I don't see how they can exclude video game items.[/quote]

I've had various coupons out of there rejected at a few places because the clerk had never seen it and a manager couldn't verify.
A really bad example was when my wife and I went out of our way to try this restaurant entirely because there was a buy 1 entree get 1 free. Walk in the front door and there's a sign printed out notifying customers that it is no longer accepting the coupons. Pretty fucked up because what's to stop a company from putting their coupon in the book to draw people in and then declaring it invalid?
I was going to complain to the Entertainment Book folks about it, but there's actually an FAQ on the honoring-coupons subject which says to look online at the available retailers/restaurants before trying to use them, as some bail out after printing.

bread's done
Back