13 months xbl for around $25

[quote name='blackbird3216']WTH is this?
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7386/dellordernu7.jpg

Now they're charging me $27! What's that supposed to mean?[/quote]
[quote name='Bretters']I tried this (Wii points card) and everything went through (confirmation page saying I just owed tax/shipping)... THEN they tried charging me the full amount. Luckily I didn't have enough money on my debit card and it was declined.[/quote]

So it doesn't actually work even though it appears to, confirmed in dell chat:
[quote name='dell chat']
01/04/2008 06:31:48PM Agent (Lorenzo Gomes): "When you use a coupon to place an order you have to place an order for a product that costs more than that coupon value and shipping and taxes are not taken into consideration."[/quote]

[quote name='Bretters']So it doesn't actually work even though it appears to, confirmed in dell chat:[/QUOTE]
well, i used paypal, so the charges can't go through. I can always file a complaint.

[quote name='blackbird3216']the coupon worked though, i even have picture proof that it let me have it for $5.41.[/quote]

It might have worked but someone else had the same problem in this thread. It has to be used on something $25.01+ before tax and shipping

[quote name='mannysgoldglove']It might have worked but someone else had the same problem in this thread. It has to be used on something $25.01+ before tax and shipping[/QUOTE]
ok, so what do i do now? I already paid for the coupon(aparently used already), so do i make them let me have it, or do i just file a paypal complaint and cancel the order?

[quote name='blackbird3216']ok, so what do i do now? I already paid for the coupon(aparently used already), so do i make them let me have it, or do i just file a paypal complaint and cancel the order?[/quote]
Talk to an agent and have them cancel the order. You're lucky it's the weekend so the item won't ship for a bit, so I would cancel it asap.

[quote name='blackbird3216']ok, so what do i do now? I already paid for the coupon(aparently used already), so do i make them let me have it, or do i just file a paypal complaint and cancel the order?[/quote]

I would go into live chat and try to cancel and ask them if you can still use the code or get a new one.

[quote name='mannysgoldglove']I would go into live chat and try to cancel and ask them if you can still use the code or get a new one.[/QUOTE]
i've been on live chat for 25minutes, no one's there. And i can't file a paypal dispute for some reason.

the coupon was for items over 25.01... anything less showed the discount (ex 19.99 - 19.99) and would have shown as free but it will still charge u the 19.99 plus tax... its been said in this thread and the one at SD... ONLY WAY IT WORKS WITH ITEMS UNDER 25.00 is if it's 2x of the same item i.e. 2 XBL 19.99 cards...

[quote name='eminemobied12']the coupon was for items over 25.01... anything less showed the discount (ex 19.99 - 19.99) and would have shown as free but it will still charge u the 19.99 plus tax... its been said in this thread and the one at SD... ONLY WAY IT WORKS WITH ITEMS UNDER 25.00 is if it's 2x of the same item i.e. 2 XBL 19.99 cards...[/quote] The guy isn't even giving me a replacement code. He ripped me off:bomb:

[quote name='blackbird3216']The guy isn't even giving me a replacement code. He ripped me off:bomb:[/quote]

well, you shoulda read the details....$25 off 25 purchase

[quote name='swetooth9']well, you shoulda read the details....$25 off 25 purchase[/quote]
srsly. and i was posting about how it was doing that already. however i didnt know that you could buy 2 of the samething that is less than 25$ and the coupon would work then.

..and with the free shipping...i dont see how you can justify getting free shipping if your order wasnt placed on 1/4 when there was free shipping. asking for it now is just retarded.

[quote name='blackbird3216']The guy isn't even giving me a replacement code. He ripped me off:bomb:[/quote]

How did he rip you off? Come on man, the code he gave you worked and you misused it. Now you think hes obligated to give you another code? You ripped yourself off noob :lol:

[quote name='Malik112099']woo!! just got a XBL Messenger Kit for $10.74 shipped![/quote]

haha u gotta pay 14 cents more tax than me!!!:booty:

[quote name='dank']haha u gotta pay 14 cents more tax than me!!!:booty:[/quote]

yeah..but I can walk outside comfortably in a T-shirt and jeans right now :booty:

[quote name='Malik112099']yeah..but I can walk outside comfortably in a T-shirt and jeans right now :booty:[/quote]

actually so can i...but its so foggy i cant see more than 25 feet

I ordered 2 things on 1/4 should I ask for free shipping? I would have done this but I don't see free shipping posted anywhere...

[quote name='dank']..and with the free shipping...i dont see how you can justify getting free shipping if your order wasnt placed on 1/4 when there was free shipping. asking for it now is just retarded.[/quote]

Glad to see I'm not alone on this matter of finding some of the people here overly greedy, and using ridiculously dumb antics to get their free shipping, like customer support actually believes them.
I wish they would just say "Listen here, bro, I don't care what your friend told you, we have no free shipping, and before you clicked 'pay', you agreed to pay the shipping and handling"

Dell needs to set boundaries between always giving the customer what they want, and using logic to reach a compromise.

The future of these coupons doesn't look good at this non-clever use rate.

Anyway, it claims all my stuff was shipped out hours after I ordered it. I'm kinda skeptical, cuz most of the stuff was out of stock, and the purchases are still "pending" on my debit card account.
=/

[quote name='McNutsack']
Anyway, it claims all my stuff was shipped out hours after I ordered it. I'm kinda skeptical, cuz most of the stuff was out of stock, and the purchases are still "pending" on my debit card account.
=/[/quote]

Damn your lucky mine says:

Est. Ship Date:1/21/2008

Heh, I love this coupon. I bought 4 different ones and got XBL for $28~, Saint's Row and Crackdown for $12~ each, and a black wireless 360 controller for $33~. And that all includes shipping and the cost of the coupons.

Too bad I didn't read through all the thread though 'cause I also tried using a coupon on an item

[quote name='mannysgoldglove']Damn your lucky mine says:

Est. Ship Date:1/21/2008[/quote]

yup ditto, i just ordered the xbox card and it says ship date: 1/21/2008. my xbox live expires 1/27/2008 lol.

I placed two orders on the 3rd a day before the thread was made and my card is supposed to ship on the 18th and arrive between the 23-25th. The n I placed another order for 2 1600 point cards but there not shipping till 2/15 arriving between 2/20-2/22.

I can always count on this place to find these deals.. i JUST got an email from m$ the other day saying my live was going to expire next month! :D

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Thanks OP, just got Xbox Live. Now to find a deal on an Xbox and CoD4[/quote]

cod4 is on sale at meijer 40 dollars this week. ill wait a little while longer for the version that comes with all the maps for free.

A coworker had an extra code...so my 3rd order has been placed...DONE for good (I think).

Got TWO Wii points cards for $21.17 shipped.

I just got the best customer service from dell!!!

I called saying what happened, how the support guy online ripped me off of my coupon, so this guy said he would use a new coupon to place an order for me. But then after going through the order stage, he said he would give me the order free of charge(wii points and a 3ft ethernet cable) because i am a valued customer(just ordered a computer for my brother). He says i should not get charged for the order, and if i do, then he shall pay for it.

[quote name='seen']Exactly! When I saw this thread I thought all I had to do was buy the damn thing. Now later, the OP says oh, you need to spend more money and deal with someone off ebay. WTF![/quote]

Are you serious? Wow, you are one ungrateful SOB. A few minutes of work to save 50% off the retail price of this item, and have it delivered to your home.

You deserve to pay retail.

I just recieved an email from Ebay saying the person I bought the cupon code from was suspended and is under investigation. And my purchase from Dell seems to be hanging in "Pending" from PayPal.

looks like I may have gotten bit in the ass on this one.

I have bought and used over 5 codes already and saved a bundle on surge protectors, xbox accesories, memory cards and other junk. Thanks a lot to whoever made this thread.

[quote name='rly723']who is it? give up the username so others dont do the same[/quote]

The name was [FONT=arial,sans-serif]Andy liu, but I don't know the ebay name anymore.
All records have been ripped right away.

Odds are this is going to happen to everybody though. Seems like Ebay knows of the scam as of today. I used the code and it went through, but my payment to dell is "pending". [/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif]That doesn't[/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif] necessarily mean i'm going to ge bumped from getting my Live card.... more like "we know the guy you bought something from scammed coupon codes".

Here's the email....

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana] Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed this seller's active listings and suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about this seller.

If the seller asks you to complete this transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you do not proceed with the transaction. Transactions for items listed on eBay but then completed off of the eBay platform are not covered by buyer protection programs offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud. For more information on Offers to Buy or Sell Outside of eBay, copy and past the following Help Page link into your browser: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html.

If you have already paid for this item but have not received it, you should take all possible steps to receive reimbursement.

1. If an amicable resolution cannot be reached, the buyer can close their Item Not Received dispute and escalate it to a claim. If the transaction was paid for using PayPal and qualifies for PayPal Buyer Protection the claim will be routed to PayPal for review typically within 30 days. (http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/faq/itemnotreceivedprocess.html)
2. Stop payment with your bank if you paid by check.
3. Contact the Security Department of your credit card company to file a chargeback if you paid via credit card.
4. If you paid via Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400). eBay does not protect payments made via Western Union or MoneyGram per our Acceptable Payments Policy (http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html).
5. If you paid with PayPal, eligible transactions will receive coverage up to $200 at no additional cost. However, the majority of transactions may be covered up to $2,000. To file a claim with PayPal, login to your PayPal account and copy and paste the following link into your web browser: http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/protections-buyer-outside. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the File a Claim link. PayPal claims must be filed within 45 days of the close of the listing. It may take at least 30 days to complete the investigation and resolve the dispute.

Please do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]
It was just 2 dollars so i'm not sweating it.
And if Dell rejects me it's no big loss as long as I get my $20 something back from them.

:roll:
[/FONT]

They dont charge you until the order ships. Beleive me every order ive laced with them via paqypal has been "pending" until it ships. Trust me ive had 5 orders ship already.

[quote name='Malik112099']i used ebay seller fishisfast[/QUOTE]
i got my code from a guy called jdkelley10. It worked, but then again, i got ripped off by dell, and the coupon was replaced by the best deal ever^^(look up there)

[quote name='miktau']They dont charge you until the order ships. Beleive me every order ive laced with them via paqypal has been "pending" until it ships. Trust me ive had 5 orders ship already.[/quote]
I kind of figured as much.

I thought I would just warn that everybody is prob going to get that lame-o email that the seller they bought from has been removed, sent to a hole, and beaten for the rest of his life. If the code works it works. lol

[quote name='blackbird3216']So, anyone think i should call someone to change get rid of the ethernet cable and add a classic controller(don't have one yet) or just leave it and not be an ass?[/QUOTE]

Please do NOT do this. I mean, there's already 100's of people pushing the free shipping thing like spending the $5 for shipping is killing it for them. And now some of those coupon sellers are getting their accounts suspended.

Plus, you did pretty much shoot yourself in the foot on the initial purchase, you weren't ripped off. So even seeing you tell the Dell support YOU were ripped off is pretty crazy.

I mean, it already feels like the whole house of cards could come crashing down anytime on this. Don't fuck it up for everyone

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Please do NOT do this. I mean, there's already 100's of people pushing the free shipping thing like spending the $5 for shipping is killing it for them. And now some of those coupon sellers are getting their accounts suspended.

Plus, you did pretty much shoot yourself in the foot on the initial purchase, you weren't ripped off. So even seeing you tell the Dell support YOU were ripped off is pretty crazy.

I mean, it already feels like the whole house of cards could come crashing down anytime on this. Don't fuck it up for everyone[/quote] no i said the support guy ripped me out of my coupon(he made me cancel without giving me a new coupon). So the new guy believed me and basically gave me the whole purchase(even shipping) for free. I mean, they probably have the best customer support(their tech's suck) after Nintendo. Last time when my monitor got lost/broken in the mail, they sent me a new one, plus $83 in damages for waiting 5 weeks without a monitor.

No, i didn't mention where i got my coupon.

Whew. OK, as long as they don't start looking into this until well after the CAG stuff has shipped. I completely agree with you about their techs.

Best thing to do now is fly under the radar. C'mon Monday, I wanna see some stuff hit processed!

bread's done
Back