13 months xbl for around $25

[quote name='nate88']I would like your guys opinoin. I sold a code on here to another CAG. He used the code and placed an order. This was during the mad rush. Now he's telling me to give him a refund because dell cancelled his order. Am I supposed to give him a refund? I don't think I am obligated to because he used the valid code. Let me know guys.[/QUOTE]

Except according to Dell this wasn't a valid code, but instead a fraudulent one.

I'm having problems having the coupon generator to work a second time. I got a product code from a previous item I bought on Dell's sight last month. I got the code to work when I entered my name, code, and my email address and after I got the instead $25 coupon, I ordered an XBL last night. With the new order, I got new product order number and I tried to enter that new product code into the $25 code generator, and now it's not working at all. Even entering a new email address/changing my name (last time it accepted the name "Michael" instead of "Mike") isn't working now. When I use my email address and all the correct information, I get a short message that I've been verified - but I don't get a coupon. Anyone else experiencing this?

[quote name='spideymike']I'm having problems having the coupon generator to work a second time. I got a product code from a previous item I bought on Dell's sight last month. I got the code to work when I entered my name, code, and my email address and after I got the instead $25 coupon, I ordered an XBL last night. With the new order, I got new product order number and I tried to enter that new product code into the $25 code generator, and now it's not working at all. Even entering a new email address/changing my name (last time it accepted the name "Michael" instead of "Mike") isn't working now. When I use my email address and all the correct information, I get a short message that I've been verified - but I don't get a coupon. Anyone else experiencing this?[/quote]

it is only 1 coupon per customer...when you put in the ID and your info it verifies the info you put in against the order information in their records..once you "verify" thats it....you get your coupon and you are done...when it says you are already verified it means just that...your email address is already confirmed through them and it is pointless to reconfirm and you aren't getting another coupon

I see. Thanks! I was a little confused since it sounded like others were getting some deals to work multiple times. Oh well. At least I'm covered on XBL for another year.

[quote name='nate88']I would like your guys opinoin. I sold a code on here to another CAG. He used the code and placed an order. This was during the mad rush. Now he's telling me to give him a refund because dell cancelled his order. Am I supposed to give him a refund? I don't think I am obligated to because he used the valid code. Let me know guys.[/quote]

Tell him tough luck. He took the chance just like all of us. Seriously it is like what $2? It is laughable that he wants a refund for such a petty amount of money.

Hey, I've been reading about people being able to get another coupon after recieving their order, with their Purchase ID.

I recieved both of the two orders I purchased earlier, and am looking forward to getting another coupon, and making another purchase, based off of what others have said after recieving their orders.

...My question is, will I be able to get one coupon per Purchase ID? I made two orders using the the same credit card, email address, and same mailing address. I do have two Purchase IDs from the two orders however. ...So should I be able to get two more $25 coupons? ...Would it be best to use different email addresses on the Dell E-mail Confirmation page?

...Then, if I place another order [or two], would I be able to get 1 [or 2] more $25 off coupons?

I'm looking forward to purchase more from Dell, but my purchase depends on how many more orders I'll be able to place using the coupons. Thanks.

Is there anyway to get free shipping (besides spending $149 in E&A)? I've got a coupon from buying my wife a labtop for Christmas, but after the S&H it's not that great of a deal.

[quote name='Crono51']Hey, I've been reading about people being able to get another coupon after recieving their order, with their Purchase ID.

I recieved both of the two orders I purchased earlier, and am looking forward to getting another coupon, and making another purchase, based off of what others have said after recieving their orders.

...My question is, will I be able to get one coupon per Purchase ID? I made two orders using the the same credit card, email address, and same mailing address. I do have two Purchase IDs from the two orders however. ...So should I be able to get two more $25 coupons? ...Would it be best to use different email addresses on the Dell E-mail Confirmation page?

...Then, if I place another order [or two], would I be able to get 1 [or 2] more $25 off coupons?

I'm looking forward to purchase more from Dell, but my purchase depends on how many more orders I'll be able to place using the coupons. Thanks.[/quote]

You only get one.

I tried and figured get one for my two orders and then use a new email address but their tracking ties the code to the email address and it is one and done.

Meaning you can't get one on your email address you used and then go use it but with a new email address in hopes of verifying that address and then getting a new one.

[quote name='keysersoze7']Meaning you can't get one on your email address you used and then go use it but with a new email address in hopes of verifying that address and then getting a new one.[/QUOTE]

wow I think I need more coffee... I can't get my head around that statement.

Thanks for the answers guys.

[quote name='Advocatus']Is there anyway to get free shipping (besides spending $149 in E&A)? I've got a coupon from buying my wife a labtop for Christmas, but after the S&H it's not that great of a deal.[/quote]
I noticed yesterday that Dell supposedly has deals for the "Public Sector."

http://www.dell.com/content/segmenter.aspx//pub?c=us&cs=2684&l=en&s=pub

I clicked on Employee Purchases under Federal Government and noticedhat I got reimbursed shipping in the checkout [it showed up as $4.99-$4.99]. That's the only difference I could notice, due to the fact that it doesn't really mention a deall when you click on it.

[note: I am a Federal Employee, but it might work for non-federal employees, which I'm not really encouraging, but it could work. I'm just pointing it out for those people.]

[quote name='Crono51']Thanks for the answers guys.

I noticed yesterday that Dell supposedly has deals for the "Public Sector."

http://www.dell.com/content/segmenter.aspx//pub?c=us&cs=2684&l=en&s=pub

I clicked on Employee Purchases under Federal Government and noticedhat I got reimbursed shipping in the checkout [it showed up as $4.99-$4.99]. That's the only difference I could notice, due to the fact that it doesn't really mention a deall when you click on it.

[note: I am a Federal Employee, but it might work for non-federal employees, which I'm not really encouraging, but it could work. I'm just pointing it out for those people.][/QUOTE]

I work at the University of Pittsburgh, so I've checked out EPP for the 12% discount on systems through Pitt.. but I never thought of doing so for accessories... that's a a good idea... but I have a feeling the $25 off $25 coupon is for Dell Home only... we'll see.

So for those of us who missed out on this deal, what is the next best/cheapest way to get an 12-month subscription?

[quote name='Advocatus']wow I think I need more coffee... I can't get my head around that statement.[/quote]
I think his parents should off themselves. That type of broken communication / grammatical skills would get a slap in the back of the head in my home. :drool:

[quote name='Advocatus']Is there anyway to get free shipping (besides spending $149 in E&A)? I've got a coupon from buying my wife a labtop for Christmas, but after the S&H it's not that great of a deal.[/quote]

you are right. pm me the code. i will take the 20$ off deal.

[quote name='wilhito']I think his parents should off themselves. That type of broken communication / grammatical skills would get a slap in the back of the head in my home. :drool:[/quote]

Uh, that's a little too dramatic. :roll: I've seen far far worse spellers and the like on this board - and their parents shouldn't be offed - the kids should all go back to school and learn proper English.

[quote name='dank']you are right. pm me the code. i will take the 20$ off deal.[/QUOTE]

Sure right after you drop $800 on the laptop. What's 'cheap' for you may not be cheap for others.

[quote name='Tybee']So for those of us who missed out on this deal, what is the next best/cheapest way to get an 12-month subscription?[/quote]

www.cheapassgamer.com

got my Nyko play n charge kit today...thank god no more AA's all over the place!

[quote name='Tybee']So for those of us who missed out on this deal, what is the next best/cheapest way to get an 12-month subscription?[/quote]

The only thing I can think of is using Google Checkout at Buy.com for $10 off...

I was able to get two coupons afterall. I clicked on the email for one of them, clicked on the Order Number, which brought up my order on Dell's site, then went through and changed my account email address listed with that Order/Purchase ID.

...Then I went to http://app.dellhome.usa.dell.com/myinfo/signup.cfm and entered the name and Purchase ID associated with that order, and the newly entered email address, and submitted it. ...Seconds later, an email with the coupon code showed up in that inbox.

...Then I went back and entered the name, Purchase ID, and the original email address [that I used for both original orders], and submitted it. A few minutes later, another email, and another coupon code!

...Unfortunately though, it doesn't seem like I can use the coupon when I try to order as a Federal Employee. ...So it seems like I have to pay the $4.99 shipping if I want to get the $25 off.

[quote name='Crono51']I was able to get two coupons afterall. I clicked on the email for one of them, clicked on the Order Number, which brought up my order on Dell's site, then went through and changed my account email address listed with that Order/Purchase ID.

...Then I went to http://app.dellhome.usa.dell.com/myinfo/signup.cfm and entered the name and Purchase ID associated with that order, and the newly entered email address, and submitted it. ...Seconds later, an email with the coupon code showed up in that inbox.

...Then I went back and entered the name, Purchase ID, and the original email address [that I used for both original orders], and submitted it. A few minutes later, another email, and another coupon code!

...Unfortunately though, it doesn't seem like I can use the coupon when I try to order as a Federal Employee. ...So it seems like I have to pay the $4.99 shipping if I want to get the $25 off.[/quote]

if you have a spare coupon, could i use it???

bread's done
Back