$149 Wii already in effect at Walmart

biledriver

CAGiversary!
Saw this today. These are still the standard bundles not the new Mario Kart ones. But if you're like me and you'd rather have the 2 sports titles then it doesn't matter.

These were displayed in the case with $149.00 standard price tags under the shelf so it shouldn't be YMMV.

Good deal!
I wonder when the games that are going to be player's choice will drop in price. I'm looking to pick up super mario sluggers, but I want to get the original version and not the player's choice version.

[quote name='imanerd0011']Good deal!
I wonder when the games that are going to be player's choice will drop in price. I'm looking to pick up super mario sluggers, but I want to get the original version and not the player's choice version.[/QUOTE]

The non-'Nintendo Select' versions will not be dropping in price.

[quote name='Nintendonly']The non-'Nintendo Select' versions will not be dropping in price.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that sucks.

[quote name='imanerd0011']Oh, that sucks.[/QUOTE]

They are already NRPL, too. So pick them up while you can or you will never be able to get them.

My store only has 1 SSBB copy left.

If I was in the market for a Wii, I would just pick it up at Sears for $99. I believe they're on clearance at the moment.

Never mind....that price is dead. Disregard this post...

[quote name='imanerd0011']Good deal!
I wonder when the games that are going to be player's choice will drop in price. I'm looking to pick up super mario sluggers, but I want to get the original version and not the player's choice version.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. The Player's choice version play so much differently than the Non-Player's choice version.

[quote name='oasisboy']I know what you mean. The Player's choice version play so much differently than the Non-Player's choice version.[/QUOTE]

Some Like the original artwork. I myself am one. Just personal preference

[quote name='Nintendonly']The non-'Nintendo Select' versions will not be dropping in price.[/QUOTE]

I'd be very surprised if that's actually the case. Most likely, the "new" releases will come in cross referenced with the older item number and the older item number will receive a price change.

But for those wondering, the newer versions are supposed to be released on the 15th, so I would expect to see the price changes that day.

I'm pretty sure Nintendonly was joking, but I'm not aware of Nintendo ever patching games online after release. Anyone know or has ever heard of them making tweaks to a game in subsequent production runs?

[quote name='dc_fortythree']I'm pretty sure Nintendonly was joking, but I'm not aware of Nintendo ever patching games online after release. Anyone know or has ever heard of them making tweaks to a game in subsequent production runs?[/QUOTE]

I think Black Ops has a patch system on the Wii but i'm not sure.

[quote name='oasisboy']I know what you mean. The Player's choice version play so much differently than the Non-Player's choice version.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Good one.

I'm a serious collector and try not to have a player's choice version of a game (if I can help it).

Still YMMV people, please mark as such! Rings up at 169 in central NC.
On the other hand, Target had them at 150 when I went today.

[quote name='dc_fortythree']I'm pretty sure Nintendonly was joking, but I'm not aware of Nintendo ever patching games online after release. Anyone know or has ever heard of them making tweaks to a game in subsequent production runs?[/QUOTE]

Metroid Prime for the GC had tweaks. Don't remember any others off the top of my head, but I think there were more.

[quote name='UncleBob']I'd be very surprised if that's actually the case. Most likely, the "new" releases will come in cross referenced with the older item number and the older item number will receive a price change.

But for those wondering, the newer versions are supposed to be released on the 15th, so I would expect to see the price changes that day.[/QUOTE]

Best example is-

0071171981232_500X500.jpg

Going for $40

And this one-

Nymn3hYxkT5wmMTLHSWfvrDg7KgDzFCm3Bu7LPov2Ztz_QgEtMGz-MS720oBCr4JHZtp5TOOWEdwnqWPN4BunwF4EcpFmHeRplyzC0QQokNixnM3VQUljc66NuhjdoV2yA8Qm4ZtbFfkt3y01-tcn6X9ysXzmrEGONVM8viwNyxUL_v1xcFdsw

Going for $30.

Many games have had bugfixes on new discs. Here's a few examples.

Twilight Princess had several bugfixes.
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga had some new cheats and bugfixes.
Wii Sports had a new intro for baseball and some other changes. There's a thread in the Wii section about it (an old thread, to be sure).

Conduit 2 and Black Ops have an online patch system saved through the game's save file.

Nintendo does not patch games through their online.

However, Nintendo DOES in fact change glitches/wordings/etc. of games in silent revisions ala http://strategywiki.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time/Versions

bread's done
Back