$15 in Xbox Live Rewards with Halo MCC purchase in December

BCPhotog

CAGiversary!
For anyone that missed out on the MS glitch and is still looking for Halo MCC.  They are offering 15,000 points ($15) in credit for the purchase of the game in December.  Not the greatest deal if you have GCU, but for anyone with xbox store credit to burn it could be a decent deal! Link Below

http://rewards.xbox.com/mymissions/

Sorry if this has already been answered.. But if use the digital copy code from an Xbox one bundle, would I still get the 15,000 points?

Was on the fence about this, but Best Buy's upcoming B2G1 free deal pretty much makes this obsolete. Glad I didn't bite.

Sorry if this has already been answered.. But if use the digital copy code from an Xbox one bundle, would I still get the 15,000 points?
I'm skeptical in that I don't think that is the same thing. I see the code that came with the bundle as a different payment method. It's like if the MS store was advertising preorder sunset overdrive and get 15,000 points. If I used the code in the bundle it wouldn't be the same because I obtained the code through a different means. I didn't purchase it through their store.

It's fairly broken. You are one of the lucky ones. But just b/c it works for you, doesn't mean it isn't broken.

This goes both ways though. Just because it's broken for a lot of people doesn't mean it's broken for everyone. Usually the people that have problems are the ones that are more vocal. I'm not denying that it's broken because it is. I am just saying it might work depending on certain circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm gonna jump on this, just because it seems like a good thing to have even if its kinda broken at the moment and hey more rewards points.

The patch last night has addressed most of the problems me and my friend had with match making We can get into matchs in under 1:30 minutes on all game modes except big team battle which can stilll take up 2-3 minutes.

We had 20+ matches with only one crash, one time where my friend got kicked out for no reason, and one map that wouldn't load but it booted us out ASAP and we were able to re-search.

I'd say It's time for fine tuning, but I have no idea what the hell is going on for the people who can't find matches or they are in parties of 3+ people and that is still having problems.

We finished Halo 3. Moved on to Halo 4 haven't seen the frame rate isues yet, looks gorgeous and the co-op lag is non-existent compared to the first two games.

Looks like that support thread is a bust on xbox.com

I am just getting a refund on the game since it is still unplayable. If it is fixed soon within this promotion I will rebuy it I guess.

I haven't used the MCC code I got with my Walmart Xbox One bundle yet. Anyone know if that digital redemption would count as a "purchase" with this promotion?

so whats the verdict on the game, still broken to hell or doing better?  I have the physical disc but I'm gonna trade it in while its still $40, I played for 2 hours the campaign last night and it was fun but really nothing I need to finish ASAP.  I did get into two MP games (Halo 2 anniversary i think) without any hassles, but boy I am just awwwwwful at it after being so used to modern shooters, I was constantly trying to ADS and not having sprint messed me up too much.

Not sure even with the $15 discount if its worth buying a digital version, with all the crap thats happened with the game I suspect it'll have to go to deep discounts much sooner than later.

so whats the verdict on the game, still broken to hell or doing better? I have the physical disc but I'm gonna trade it in while its still $40, I played for 2 hours the campaign last night and it was fun but really nothing I need to finish ASAP. I did get into two MP games (Halo 2 anniversary i think) without any hassles, but boy I am just awwwwwful at it after being so used to modern shooters, I was constantly trying to ADS and not having sprint messed me up too much.

Not sure even with the $15 discount if its worth buying a digital version, with all the crap thats happened with the game I suspect it'll have to go to deep discounts much sooner than later.
I just got it 2 days ago and I haven't really seen any of the problems described yet. Granted I've only played about 2 hours of campaign and 5 multiplayer matches but they all ran smoothly.

MCC really is broken, only one multiplayer playlist works. This is a shame because i would imagine the Halo 3/4 maps look really nice. Halo 2 maps are fun for a few matches and then leave something to be desired.

The new 1 GB patch hasn't done much.

This game will never get fixed, sadly. It's just too much--4 different games, 4 different engines.

Sheesh....

They must have known the game had major bugs before release, and the publisher pushed it out the door, anyway. I doubt that waiting a month would have seriously impacted sales. As usual, most game "journalists" didn't do their job and assigned it a near perfect score despite a huge chunk of the game being broken (Gamespot being one of the exceptions). I still can't play online. Tried returning it to Best Buy, but they wouldn't accept an open game as I suspected. I'm seriously considering selling it along with my Xbox One since I mostly bought it for that game. Not sure I can trust them with Halo 5.

Last edited:
They must have known the game had major bugs before release, and the publisher pushed it out the door, anyway. I doubt that waiting a month would have seriously impacted sales. As usual, most game "journalists" didn't do their job and assigned it a near perfect score despite a huge chunk of the game being broken (Gamespot being one of the exceptions). I still can't play online. Tried returning it to Best Buy, but they wouldn't accept an open game as I suspected. I'm seriously considering selling it along with my Xbox One since I mostly bought it for that game. Not sure I can trust them with Halo 5.
Well the beta should give you a good idea of how it is. They did release Halo 4 without much problem.

Doesn't look like the meter changes but if you go to "MyRewards" and view statement there should be pending 15,000 points.
mine doesn't yet. Though my MyVIP points from last month haven't shown up yet either, so maybe I'm just having problems overall

bread's done
Back