15% Off All Clearence Items at TRU

malalrd

CAGiversary!
Went to price adjust some games I bought last week from another TRU.
Was pleasantly suprised when it took extra 15%. The discount is automatically taken at the register.

Those of you who bought Lumines for flipping should get some money back if you go back to price adjust.

So, are you saying that all those $9.98 games from a couple of weeks ago will now ring up at about $8.50? They're still listed at $9.98 on the website.

I saw this today in their ad, too. The 15%-off sale is supposed to go from July 22 to July 28. Any clearance item.

How far back can you pricematch? I bought some stuff first week of June... that was the last time I went to TRU.

Been meaning to go back and see what there is, but they are so far from me... knwoing I'm gonna get a few $ for my tiem might make it worth driving out to take a look at what is left.

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']How far back can you pricematch? I bought some stuff first week of June... that was the last time I went to TRU.

Been meaning to go back and see what there is, but they are so far from me... knwoing I'm gonna get a few $ for my tiem might make it worth driving out to take a look at what is left.[/quote]I would imagine you can PM as long as it's within the return period. According to the back of a TRU receipt, for electronics, video games, and accessories, it's 45 days. For almost everything else, it's 90 days. Since your TRU is far, I'd definitely call first just in case.

Hehe I noticed this at work today. I'm def. bringing back my receipt to get the difference back. I am a CAG after all!

[quote name='gordonmj']So, are you saying that all those $9.98 games from a couple of weeks ago will now ring up at about $8.50? They're still listed at $9.98 on the website.[/quote]

Yes I just picked up Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror for $9.98

TOTAL: $9.98 - 15% = $8.48

[quote name='icruise']Did this just start today? I was in yesterday and bought a clearance item for normal clearance price.[/quote] Read post #3. ;)

I picked up a set of Logitech PlayGear Mod wraparound headphones. They were orig. $29, marked down to $9.98, & I only paid 8.48. I also lucked into a PSP "Traveler Case" for $14.99 but that had nothing to do with a sale. They were all placed on the wrong rack. It was supposed to be $19.99. Yay me!

It's two weeks to get a price adjustment on any item you buy at TRU.

If you bought something just last week, you might want to hold out until next week; word i've heard says the percentage you save keeps going up every week.

Worked like a charm for Lumines. A few had to be returned/rebought (didn't need any of the games in hand, since I used to work there they let it slide). With the few receipts I could round up, I ended up with about $36 in cash refunded.

After the 15%, they rang up 11.88, a difference of $2.10+tax per game.

If I can track down the remaining receipts for the other 10 or so, I'll go back up and get those adjusted too.

[quote name='sp00ge']No shit? I bought like 25-30 copies of lumines over the past few weeks. I'm going for an adjustment tomorrow. :D[/quote]

damn, these are going for a lot on ebay. are only specific copies the one you can downgrade the psp with (non-gh)? sorry i'm a bit oblivious, i don't own a psp.

[quote name='sp00ge']Worked like a charm for Lumines. A few had to be returned/rebought (didn't need any of the games in hand, since I used to work there they let it slide). With the few receipts I could round up, I ended up with about $36 in cash refunded.

If I can track down the remaining receipts for the other 10 or so, I'll go back up and get those adjusted too.[/quote] I'm not a former TRU employee and I didn't need to bring in the games either, only the receipts (not the gift receipts). They also did the return/rebuy for me because they couldn't figure out an easier or faster way to do it. Because I had so many receipts, they even gave me price adjustments for a bunch of games that I bought over 45 days ago since they felt bad that I was waiting a while for them to finish.

A little warning though. If the TRUs in your area have different prices for a game, watch out if they do the return/rebuy. I had a few games ring up for $15-20 more than when I originally bought them. They got really confused, but they ended up manually calculating the price adjustments. They figured that TRU must've upped the prices right before the sale (when really, I bought the games at a different TRU that had lower clearance pricing). Price adjusting tonight saved me almost $50. :D

Lumines - 11.88
Lumines II - 8.48
Me & My Katamari - 7.21
Metal Gear Ac!d 2 - 4.25
Suikoden V - 11.88
Final Fantasy IV - 5.51
Indigo Prophecy (PS2) - 6.52
Monster Hunter Freedom - 7.21

[quote name='hopeunknown']damn, these are going for a lot on ebay. are only specific copies the one you can downgrade the psp with (non-gh)? sorry i'm a bit oblivious, i don't own a psp.[/quote] Both non-GH and GH versions work.

[quote name='hopeunknown']damn, these are going for a lot on ebay. are only specific copies the one you can downgrade the psp with (non-gh)? sorry i'm a bit oblivious, i don't own a psp.[/quote]

You can use GH copies too.

Thanks op! I'll have to look for my recent receipts. I have two $3 coupons from some TRU receipt surveys so maybe I could pick up a game or something as well.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Does TRU do the Circuit City thing where the "clearance" category has to end in a particular digit? Like $xx.x8 maybe?[/QUOTE]
Everything clearance ends with an 8.

[quote name='WiiGame']are these all ps2 games?[/quote]

Check the last TRU clearance thread for a list of clearance games. There's a mix of all systems.

I wonder if this would work from the buy 2 get 1 DS games sale. I grabbed phoenix wright, trl, and nanostray. I can't remember if that was more than 2 weeks ago though.

Got 16 bucks back from my purchase of 7 Lumines... have a couple other receipts at home to do tomorrow as well... thanks OP!

[quote name='Ranger Rick']You think I could still find PW? :)[/quote]

I've seen a bunch of them recently at TRU, and actually have a spare sealed one available in my trade list ;)

i took advantage of this 15% Off recently.

i saw Deep Labyrinth (DS) for $6.48 on clearance.

is this game really that bad?

[quote name='topnotch97']i took advantage of this 15% Off recently.

i saw Deep Labyrinth (DS) for $6.48 on clearance.

is this game really that bad?[/quote]

The reviews I read were ugly.

[quote name='sp00ge']Worked like a charm for Lumines. A few had to be returned/rebought (didn't need any of the games in hand, since I used to work there they let it slide). With the few receipts I could round up, I ended up with about $36 in cash refunded.

If I can track down the remaining receipts for the other 10 or so, I'll go back up and get those adjusted too.[/quote]

Arrrrgh, the last time I went to price adjust it was simple, but this time the manager said I only had seven days to price adjust from date of purchase. I asked her where it said that and she looked all over the store signs and receipts but couldn't find it. I brought a single copy of Lumines and said fine I'll just return and rebuy it three times. She said I could only do it once. It's only been three weeks. ARRRGGGH.

Wow, don't know how I missed this. I'm heading out to TRU tomorrow with several receipts. I'll do a few as a trial run first and see how they react to it before I bring out the rest ;).

[quote name='espy605']Arrrrgh, the last time I went to price adjust it was simple, but this time the manager said I only had seven days to price adjust from date of purchase. I asked her where it said that and she looked all over the store signs and receipts but couldn't find it. I brought a single copy of Lumines and said fine I'll just return and rebuy it three times. She said I could only do it once. It's only been three weeks. ARRRGGGH.[/quote]

Go back when the manager isn't there. That's a load of crap she's feeding you. And for shits and giggles, give corporate a call.

Got back about 11 bucks on my other Lumines purchases (and copy of RRXX)

Go look at the games section and snag 3 more copies of Lumines that werent there before... went home listed them around 40 on Amazon and they were gone in 90 minutes... thanks OP!!!

and picked up a copy of Lumines 2 for my collection as well for 8.48

When attempting to price adjust a three week old purchase of three 13.98 games, I was told no at first because it was two weeks. Then she said that she could do a return/rebuy. I had used a $5 off $25 purchase coupon which she could not reapply so all that work would not change the amount off enough to go through the hassle. Try getting them to do the return/rebuy if it's over two weeks.

Yeah, at first the guy told me 2 weeks, so I could only do 2 of the 5 receipts I had. But then I said I had a few of the games in my car (which I did) so could I return and repurchase those? He just went ahead and finished off all the rest of my receipts without seeing the games. It was very nice. Some of the receipts were around 30 days old and were from the DS Buy 2 Get 1 free sale. At first he adjusted those games down, but then at the end he said he couldn't do that (which I would normally dispute since it doesn't effect the free one in any way). But I didn't bother because he adjusted ALOT of games for me and I got a ton back. I was just going to do a few receipts there and do more at another store - it was worth not getting every penny back just to do them all at once.

However, as someone else said above - beware of wildly variant pricing. For example, I had bought a Summon Night for $6.48 at one store. At this store, he refunded it and then resold it and it rang up $25.98!! Needless to say, he undid that one. The same thing happened with Suikoden V ($16.98 instead of $14.98 on that one). However, he didn't manually adjust those - just left them at the original price I paid, which is fine. Just looking at the receipts now, though, it appears he may have made a mistake in my favor - looks like I got $17.48 back on just one receipt where he only adjusted 3 sub-$10 games :shock:. It was also the receipt with Suikoden and Summon Night on it. Oh, very wierd. This is what he did:

Original receipt had:
Lumines II
Summon Night
Suikoden V
Buy 2 Get 1 free DS: 2 x Nanostray and Bust A Move

He returned them ALL, including the free Nanostray then resold ONLY Lumines II and the DS games (leaving out Suikoden and Summon Knight since they rang up more). So I got the full credit back for Suikoden V and Summon Knight but got charged for my free Nanostray :lol:. Oh well, still an error in my favor - and it works out because the extra difference is about what I would have gotten for the 4 DS games (on other receipts) that he wouldn't do because of the B2G1 free.

I just saw Summon Night at my unlocal TRU in the clearance bin. Is this 9.99 before the 15% off? I will have to pick it up next time I'm there.

[quote name='pete5883']I just saw Summon Night at my unlocal TRU in the clearance bin. Is this 9.99 before the 15% off? I will have to pick it up next time I'm there.[/QUOTE]

Well, like I said above, Summon Night was $6.48 at one store (3 weeks ago, actually) but $25.98 at another (just yesterday). Both are clearance prices so you'd get 15% off in addition to that. But clearly the prices vary wildly for that one ;) - typical TRU stuff...

Picked up Perfect Dark Zero Collector's Edition for under $12. Suikoden V rang up at $29.99.

Someone bought 72 Priates of the Caribbean for the PSP or DS (can't remember which) while I was there. They were selling for $9.98 before discount.

[quote name='Gideon68']Someone bought 72 Priates of the Caribbean for the PSP or DS (can't remember which) while I was there. They were selling for $9.98 before discount.[/quote]

*choke* 72??!? Unbelievable.

Thanks op. I was able to grab these 2 GBA games on the cheap after 2 $3 survey coupons and the 15% off.

Final Fantasy IV $7.xx
Gunstar Super Heroes $4.50

Does anybody have the link for the thread with the list of TRU clearence games? I can't seem to find it...

bread's done
Back