16:10 with 360?

lbanks21

CAGiversary!
Feedback
145 (100%)
how is 16:10 with the 360?? over VGA of course.
im getting a new lcd monitor 22 inch and it has 16:10 contrast ratio. some say that it tends to stretch the picture screen when you are playing. is it that bad?? or does it even stretch it out at all??

It stretches. It's not THAT BAD, I suppose. But MS could do much better. It would take very minimal effort to support more resolutions.

[quote name='lbanks21']i bet the next update will fix it. i heard alot of 360 users are complaining about this[/QUOTE]
I certainly hope so. I've been putting off getting a new display (and thus, entering the hi-def era) soley because of this overlooked feature.

They've done 1080p, they've done 16:10 at lower resolutions, they can easily do 16:10 at standard WXGA resolutions with minimal effort.

I have a monitor thats 22 inches and is in 16:10 and it looks fine. It is maybe a little streched but I cant notice it, not even on the crosshairs in FPS.

first off 16:10 is an aspect ratio, not a contrast ratio. They're two very different things. Next it depends on how the monitor scales it. You will either have bars on top bottom or it will be stretched depending on the setting.

[quote name='lbanks21']i bet the next update will fix it. i heard alot of 360 users are complaining about this[/quote] People have been complaining about this for a long long time. I hope it is fixed soon, but I kinda doubt it.

Some monitors stretch the screen vertically, and some, like Zoglog said, will put black bars at the bottom and top of the screen. Stretching is somewhat noticable but I don't think that it bothers most people.

My Dell 2405FPW is 16:10, it doesn't stretch unless you set it to. The way I have it set it just produces black bars you really don't notice as they blend in with the casing.

Keep in mind that all 22" LCD monitors use a TN Film panel, meaning, the vertical viewing angle will suck. The top of the screen will appear darker than the bottom. Mostly noticible in dark games.

My Samsung 16:10, stretched things ever so slightly , but really unless you looked hard enough you never noticed. The difference between the tow are not that great. However, if it truly frightens you why not try a 23" LCD TV instead.

[quote name='Dezuria']Keep in mind that all 22" LCD monitors use a TN Film panel, meaning, the vertical viewing angle will suck. The top of the screen will appear darker than the bottom. Mostly noticible in dark games.[/QUOTE]

Dunno, I don't get that on my monitor.

[quote name='Zoglog']Dunno, I don't get that on my monitor.[/quote] Only notice it on mine when I slouch. You have to be viewing at a weird angle.

[quote name='APE992']My Dell 2405FPW is 16:10, it doesn't stretch unless you set it to. The way I have it set it just produces black bars you really don't notice as they blend in with the casing.[/QUOTE]
I have the newer model but other than that I'm in the same boat. The bars are barely noticeable (and nowhere near as large as they would be, say, for a widescreen film on a standard definition TV. It looks fine.

[quote name='lbanks21']i already ordered my samsung 226BW. should be here thursday cant wait!!!![/QUOTE]

I got mine a little over a week ago for my pc and 360, absolutely awesome monitor!

bread's done
Back