$16.96 games at CC - 360 (VT3, DDRU, DOAX2), Wii (Avatar), DS (Chocobo Tales) + more!

maccabee72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
263 (100%)
Here is the Link to the complete list of July Clearance games:

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143063

Thanks, as always, to Neocisco!

As found (in most cases oos) on CC.com and confirmed by a number of CAGs in-store, these price drops can be found at Circuit City as of today:

360 - $16.96

Virtua Tennis 3
DOAX2
DDRU (Game Only)
Eragon
Bionicle Heroes

Wii - $16.96

Happy Feet
Meet the Robinsons
Ice Age 2

DS - $16.96

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
FFF: Chocobo Tales
Magical Star Sign
Contact

PS2 - $16.96

Rayman Raving Rabbids

I need some Just Causes I have a few vt3 on hand:applause:

[quote name='maccabee72']To those that offered thanks...really no need...just glad to be able to contribute to the CAG community;)

On another note, I went to 4 different Houston Area CCs today and could not find a single copy of VT3. If any CAG would be kind enough to grab me a copy for price + shipping + a couple of extra bucks for the trouble ( or I have a sealed copy of Just Cause or CML), I'd be forever grateful!

Edit: to Houston area CAGs - The pearland, Meyerland, Sugarland, and Sharpstown CCs all have multiple copies of DDRU amd DOAX2. The Meyerland and Sugarland stores had plenty of Just Causes and the other previously mentioned clearance titles. Also, saw MotoGP 2006 and Full Auto at Meyerland and Sugarland. On a side note, the Sugarland Super Target has some copies of Full Auto left for $14.99.[/quote]

Thanks OP, I picked up 2 DDRU's for 360 (me and my sister) and a copy of DOAX2. They had at least 5 of each at the Berlin/Newington CC in CT.
Original price on box, scanned at 16.96.

Score! Now to find a damn pad.

Went to two CC's and both didn't have DOAX2 or VT3. Asked a person to see if there were any other stores close by that had it in stock....0

Really wanted those 2 games at that price, but I guess you can't win them all. Anyone living in Illinois around the 60517 area, goodluck finding them.

[quote name='mietha']To all you jackasses who are buying multiple copies of these games just to flip them at gamecrazy: I hope you rot in hell. What the fuck? Is this slickdeals now? For that matter, gamecrazy can most certainly rot in hell too.[/quote]

I agree but not to this extent..

Try price-matching the Buy 2 get 1 from TRU. Buy 2 copies of Avatar and 1 copy of Meet the Robinsons. Then just buy 1 copy of Meet the Robinsons. For $50.88, trade each set in at EBStop for 2 Wii games. Or, for a better deal, instead of buying just 1 additional MtR, buy 2 Mtr and another Avatar to have 3 of each. For $67.84 (before tax), trade in the 3 sets to EBStops for 3 Wii games.

Those 2 games aren't listed as exclusions in the post for the EBStop deal. This would be conceivable, yes?

EDIT: Scratch that. DS games only. That's my bad. Would have been cool though. Still though, not a horrible way to get some Wii games for less than retail. Bout $34 before tax with this deal.

thanks, OP. picked up virtua tennis 3, doa xtreme2 and just cause. there were still a few copies of each left for those of you in the columbus area (sawmill rd store).

might have to go back to pick up chocobo tales... anyone recommend it?

Hmm, I may consider picking up VT3 and DDR: U, but I really don't have the time or money for any more games... what to do, what to do....

I was lucky enough to actually find a helper employee who looked in the back and found there last copy of VT3 and Scareface CE (they didnt have any on the floor) and also got dragonquest,chocobo tales,space channel 5 Ce and myst III...all 6 for $92 after tax....thanks OP!!!!!

[quote name='FFBlitzace']Try price-matching the Buy 2 get 1 from TRU. Buy 2 copies of Avatar and 1 copy of Meet the Robinsons. Then just buy 1 copy of Meet the Robinsons. For $50.88, trade each set in at EBStop for 2 Wii games. Or, for a better deal, instead of buying just 1 additional MtR, buy 2 Mtr and another Avatar to have 3 of each. For $67.84 (before tax), trade in the 3 sets to EBStops for 3 Wii games.

Those 2 games aren't listed as exclusions in the post for the EBStop deal. This would be conceivable, yes?

EDIT: Scratch that. DS games only. That's my bad. Would have been cool though. Still though, not a horrible way to get some Wii games for less than retail. Bout $34 before tax with this deal.[/quote]Meet the Robinsons is $16.96 as well?

Edit: Damn... hopefully my local CC has that, so I can get in on that trade deal this week.

tried 3 CC in my area, all of them didn't have Virtua tennis 3. Even tried to price match at BB but they didnt even have in stock. Am I not suppose to own this game or what??? lol Anyway I saw a copy of DOA Volleyball but passed since I probably would never play it.

Does the "$20 off the purchase of two Wii games" deal still work at CC? Would it be possible to use this deal on two $16.96 games?

I'd love to know, so I could go pick up a nice stack of cheap Wii games for my nephew.

Got VT3 in Columbia SC (Harbison) store. They still had 3 copies left. Was marked $49.99, but rang up $16.96. Dont be afraid to left someone scan it.

Picked up a copy of VT3 and DOAX2 for $35.96 total at my Circuit City in Indy. Met a couple of fellow CAG'ers there. I think I grabbed the last copy of VT3, even though their stock report said three. (Hope you were able to get one!)

Promptly went to game rush and traded DOAX2 in for $34.00 in credit. (Chose Game Rush cause its close to my house...and I can use the credit for anything in Blockbuster)

Anyone know when GameRush/Blockbuster will be doing another B2G1 on Pre-Owned Games?

[quote name='humanremains2']Does the "$20 off the purchase of two Wii games" deal still work at CC? Would it be possible to use this deal on two $16.96 games?

I'd love to know, so I could go pick up a nice stack of cheap Wii games for my nephew.[/quote]

I just got back from my local CC in Albuquerque, NM, and picked up two copies of Avatar for the Wii -- sorry, I didn't get $20 off. I think I remember hearing it ending either this last Saturday or the one before.

How reliable is the 'not currently available' for CC stock on the website?
I hate to think there's a lone Chocobo Tales sitting there when the website tells me it's not.

[quote name='trabbahabba']Picked up a copy of VT3 and DOAX2 for $35.96 total at my Circuit City in Indy. Met a couple of fellow CAG'ers there. I think I grabbed the last copy of VT3, even though their stock report said three. (Hope you were able to get one!)[/quote]Which CC did you guys go to? I was at the Greenwood location around 3pm today. Not sure if the worker knew about CAG or not, but he had mentioned forum posts concerning markdowns. Nice guy.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Which CC did you guys go to? I was at the Greenwood location around 3pm today. Not sure if the worker knew about CAG or not, but he had mentioned forum posts concerning markdowns. Nice guy.[/QUOTE]

Same exact one. Over by BW3s and Hobby Lobby.

[quote name='dallow']How reliable is the 'not currently available' for CC stock on the website?
I hate to think there's a lone Chocobo Tales sitting there when the website tells me it's not.[/QUOTE]

Not reliable at all, CC doesn't do in-store pickup for video games so it doesn't know. I've never once had it tell me the right thing.

No in-store tracker is 100% perfect, not even close, so it's always worth it to look.

Thanks, OP! Just got back from our only CC in the state with my copies of Virtua Tennis 3 (been waiting for that one!) and DDRU. There were no DOAX2 copies in stock, and didn't bother to look for the other systems since I wasn't really interested.

I'll have to wait for sale on 360 dance pads now, though...

Alright, I'm here to help a CAG'er or two out. At one of my CC I was able to find Virtua Tennis 3 that i'll put up for trade or whatever offer can be made (my CC also had a copy of DOA Xtreme and some DDR Universe incase anyone wants me to check). I got two other CC's I may check out tomorrow so drop me a PM.

[quote name='dallow']How reliable is the 'not currently available' for CC stock on the website?
I hate to think there's a lone Chocobo Tales sitting there when the website tells me it's not.[/quote]

Depending on where you live it ranges from "mildly reliable" to "don't ever listen to what it says". Around here on Long Island it's best to hit your local ones and look through all of the games as well as the movie/CD section. People tend to pick up handfuls of stuff and leave them wherever they please and, as such, you may find a DDRU next to When Harry Met Sally and a Virtua Tennis 3 all the way over by some laptop RAM.

Got home, saw this thread and immediately went out to find VT3 and DOAX2. Found a copy of DOAX2 in one CC, and got VT3 from another CC. Good finds!

[quote name='bardockkun']Alright, I'm here to help a CAG'er or two out. At one of my CC I was able to find Virtua Tennis 3 that i'll put up for trade or whatever offer can be made (my CC also had a copy of DOA Xtreme and some DDR Universe incase anyone wants me to check). I got two other CC's I may check out tomorrow so drop me a PM.[/QUOTE]
PM sent for VT 3.

[quote name='icruise']I think I may pay a visit to my local CC (and then my local Gamecrazy...)[/quote]

doing the same tomorrow!!

I hate to think there's a lone Chocobo Tales sitting there when the website tells me it's not.[/quote]
This is exactly what I was thinking. I called the store 8 fucking times before someone picked up the phone. Then I was transferred to 4 different people. The last idiot finally told me they were out of Chocobo Tales. She even went as far as saying they didn't get their shipment in today, so hopefully it would be coming soon. I just had a feeling that I couldn’t trust her so I took a 10min trip. And wouldn’t you know it… When I got to the store, there were about 6 or 7 Chocobo Tales front and center staring me in the face. If I only got the name of that :censored: I would have reported her to the manager. I’m sure they would love to hear how the employees are sitting on their fucking assess and making S#IT up on the phone, literally driving their customers away. This is also not the first time this happened to me. So, the lesson here is DON’T TRUST CC CUSTOMER SERVICE OR WEBSITE, you might just be getting screwed out of a good deal.

Is Chocobo Tales good? I loved DQH:RS, which I also got from a 16.96 drop... just wondering if I'm getting another helping of good stuff.

Thanks for the tip OP! I got DOA X2, and picked up a VT3 for you if you need it. PM me if you do...

Think there are 2 more DOA X2 at the Santa Monica CC. They're behind the register. VT3 was the last one.

[quote name='trabbahabba']Met a couple of fellow CAG'ers there. I think I grabbed the last copy of VT3, even though their stock report said three. (Hope you were able to get one!)[/QUOTE]

That was me. :) It was actually the last VT3 they had, but no worries. I got the last Just Cause so I think we're even. ;)

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Which CC did you guys go to? I was at the Greenwood location around 3pm today. Not sure if the worker knew about CAG or not, but he had mentioned forum posts concerning markdowns. Nice guy.[/QUOTE]

We hit Greenwood as well, closer to 7pm though. They had one last Just Cause (mine), one last VT3 (trabbahabba's), and a couple DOA X2 (we both grabbed one each) and a few DDRU. There were two DDRU left, and I think a Bionicle and a couple Eragons left when we left. (Not as sure about Bionicle and Eragon though.)

was able to pick up VT3 today....they had a few copies of that and Just Cause at the Roseville, CA CC
they were on the shelf, not in the clearence bins....
Sweet Deal! now just need to get my broken 360 back from being fixed so I can play it....

[quote name='Damanthia']That was me. :) It was actually the last VT3 they had, but no worries. I got the last Just Cause so I think we're even. ;)[/QUOTE]

I think that sounds pretty fair. hehe.

BTW, if you decide that DOAX2 is not your thing, I used the Blockbuster on the corner of 31 and Worthsville for my trade in. They don't have a whole lot in stock right now as far as 360 games, but I didn't really pay attention to much else.

BTW, Welcome to Indy!

[quote name='botticus']Meet the Robinsons is $16.96 as well?

Edit: Damn... hopefully my local CC has that, so I can get in on that trade deal this week.[/QUOTE]

I went to 3 CC's today and all were swimming with Avatar and Meet The Robinsons. I took one set to EB to trade for a Mario & Sonic At the Olympics preorder which I will switch to Mario Galaxy or SSBB later (at the suggestion of the EB employee, no less!).

Virtua Tennis 3 was the real goal though - I finally found one at the last of the 3 after the guy at the first store used the web to check inventory and said if there were none showing on the site they wouldn't be at any stores in the area. So, yeah, don't bother asking them about it ;).

Best of all I was able to get all 3 CC's to accept the just expired GamePro coupon from Best Buy. I got Chocobo Tales for $11.96, a Bust-A-Move for PSP for $4.99, and 2 Meet the Robinsons for $11.98 each (just paid $16.96 for Avatar). Really, taking 2 X $16.96, or about $34 of stuff into EB for a $50 game isn't such a great deal to me, but the GamePro coupon made it palatable.

If only I had more coupons with me - I didn't have a 360 coupon for VT3 (which I'm keeping). Would have liked that for $12 though ;).

Sweet deal, thanks OP!

I got Chocobo Tales, MTR and Magical Starsign....the TRU PM made the deal even sweeter!

looks like i need to do this in conjunction with the gamecrazy trade-in deal. buy virtua tennis for $17, trade-in for $45 (or more, i'm not sure).

bread's done
Back