160 Points for Downloading A Movie Off Live Marketplace

Chris Dillon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Just got the email. Seems like there are giving you a movie for like half the price. Wonder if there are any ways to take advantage of and get like 60 free points or anything. Never even bothered with the marketplace videos which I can't see why anyone would.

edit-upon further review, the only people who will get this email are those who played dead rising (why isn't there a sequal yet?), re5, l4d, and dead space.

Just got the same message. Offer seems wack, since I can stream almost all those movies for free from netflix

im not a big follower of video game news actually. I kind of do actually, i didn't know anything about batman until it came out last week.

Oh, well that's ok then. BTW what does the 160 points mean? A token download? So you have to buy a movie, then you get half your money back?

Dang never played Dead Space. Still the video marketplace needs help. I used it once when I got my first HDTV and realized that renting a movie in HD for 4+ dollars sucked. The combo of blu rays and instant watch Netflix for like 9 dollars a month destroys anything on the live marketplace.

Hopefully they can do something more competitive when they switch over to the Zune marketplace.

Just got this email (and have never played any of those games except dead rising before I had live...years ago). It says:

Receive 160 Microsoft Points:
Download a movie from Xbox Live Marketplace, and we'll automatically upload 160 MS points to your account and send you an in-dash message to confirm.

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']I've played three of those games and I never got an e-mail.[/QUOTE]

seconded. well i've played all of them actually.

you can get the points without downloading a movie. i just typed in the code and it worked. free RB song if you want

[quote name='Millerlite92']you can get the points without downloading a movie. i just typed in the code and it worked. free RB song if you want[/QUOTE]

Code?

I got an email, but nothing about free points, only an advertisement to download Horror movies. Sucks because I've played Dead Rising and Dead Space.

weird, i've played dead rising and L4D. No e-mail in my inbox though.

Explain in more detail millerlite what you did to get the points free.

[quote name='Millerlite92']you can get the points without downloading a movie. i just typed in the code and it worked. free RB song if you want[/QUOTE]

You might have this confused with another promo. I just got the e-mail, and there is no code. Plus, it says allow 4 to 6 weeks for the points to be deposited into your account.

I got the email also. There is a "send to a friend" link. It always you to send it to five friends. If anyone wants it, I will forward it to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
this promotion has nothing to do with having ever played those gaems..it just mentions those games cause the email is horror themed....

Why don't downloadable/streaming movies have a subtitle option? That freezes out the 10% of Americans who are deaf or hearing impaired...

[quote name='machoman_93']I got the email mentioning the games and horror movies on the marketplace, but it doesn't say anything about free ms points.[/QUOTE]

Same here. :cry:

I see the MS points but I don't see any redeem code. I'm wondering if there is a super cheap movie I can download or tv episode that would count towards it.

I've played Resident Evil 5, Left 4 Dead, and Dead Rising and I just received an email telling me to download videos, nothing about getting points for downloading movies.

Really, all's your getting is a discount on the movie download because even the "SD" versions are 240 points. So you basically get to watch it for 80 points if you get 160 back. Not that hot of a deal unless you really wanted to see of these movies to begin with as I think it only applies to the films in the e-mail.

EDIT: well, read the fine print and maybe it does apply to all movies. So you're sort of getting a $2 off a rental -- making the SD versions of most $1. I'll continue to stick with free Netflix streaming and my Blu-Rays coming in the mail.

yeah, i was hoping somebody could find someway of taking advantage of this, thats why i put it up, it isn't really a deal for almost all of us.

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']I've played Resident Evil 5, Left 4 Dead, and Dead Rising and I just received an email telling me to download videos, nothing about getting points for downloading movies.[/QUOTE]

maybe because I love killing nazi zombies they sent it to me.

Thanks OP for the heads up. The email is titled "USERNAME: A Horrific Gift from Xbox LIVE". I've been planning on trying the movie download service.

According to the email, the offer is good until Sept 20th. Then they'll credit your account within 4-6 weeks.

LMAO I downloaded the Killer Condom movie since it costs 240 with 160 back to me, ended up to be 80. Good laugh if it was supposed to be a serious horror movie.

[quote name='Reverenddave']Thanks OP for the heads up. The email is titled "USERNAME: A Horrific Gift from Xbox LIVE". I've been planning on trying the movie download service.

According to the email, the offer is good until Sept 20th. Then they'll credit your account within 4-6 weeks.[/QUOTE]

I have an email titled "USERNAME: Zombify your weekend". There is no mention of points in it. I take the offer is only available to those who received the Horrific Gift Email? I.E. its been tied to peoples accounts, or does it look like it can be shared/open to anyone?

bread's done
Back