160gb Maxtor Internal HD @ Staples $69.94

mmm, any chance that would replace my Final Fantasy Hard drive on my ps2? I've heard Maxtor is the best fit for sony's machine.

no rebates=$100

rebates=$40

i think i will go with the one that you have to send in rebates for. it isn't that much of a hassle to send in the rebate, unless you cannot wait for the money to be sent back to. because it will take a few weeks to get sent back to you.

Of course rebate deals always end up being cheaper, but you often have to wait 2-3 months to even get anything back. A lot of times rebates never even come, but you've already been using the product you bought for 3 months before you realize you will never see that money again. This is a pretty good deal for not involving any rebates as its a much lower upfront price.

I did the fatwallet thing for 2 for $90, let's hope it actually comes. I think I would probably keep 1 and sell the other to cover the cost of the first.

I recently bought a new PC and had to deal with all the rebates. I'm still waiting for a $30 rebate for a Mad Dog External DVD ROM burner that I sent away for back in late december. I've been directed to another site (other then Mad Dog) called rebatestatus.com and have checked the past 3 weeks and it keeps saying that they are processing my rebate. It's been about 10 weeks, how long does it take to process a rebate??? From now on I'm going with instant rebates ONLY...

Yeah rebates def take forever. At least you will probably get it if its on rebatestatus.com at least. That reminds me that I had a gas rebate that I sent in at the end of 2004 that still hasn't come in, but is listed as processing on there. I had forgotten about it until I was checking up on another rebate and noticed it. I basically consider rebate deals to be the price before rebate, since you likely will never get it anyway, especially from Compusa.

bread's done
Back