$18 GTA IV Complete Edition(PS3/X360) @ Target

So worth it. I'd have to give the edge graphically to the 360 version. The colors really seem to pop especially at night in Liberty City.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']This^ Who doesn't own this fantastic game by now.[/QUOTE]I used to think like this but look at titles like B:AC it's sold what 10 million copies new/used... out of around 120ish million HD consoles. But COD will sell 20+ million.

[quote name='mountainmohawk']Ita showing the 29.99 price for me still...and it's out of stock.[/QUOTE]that's b/c it sold out online for $30 previously & they're not restocking online but it should be $18 in-store. It's part of the $18 deals from the weekly ad, target didn't update the site for an OOS item looks like.

[quote name='k1ngster']No, its showing online. Im considering PM this @ BB ;)[/QUOTE]

if you want to pm at bb, you better do it quick before the price changes

[quote name='k1ngster']No, its showing online. Im considering PM this @ BB ;)[/QUOTE]for the 360 it shows $30 then switches to OOS but the PS3 version won't be going anywhere this is a weekly ad dea.

Visited two different Targets yesterday. Online said it was "in stock". Both Targets had it in stock , marked with sale tag for $18 but none of them Complete Edition. This is in Van Nuys, CA and Canyon Country, CA :/

Anyone find the complete edition for this? I never played the DLC so I'd consider this and just trade in my original copy. It would cost me like $10 which is cheaper than the DLC - I would be all over that.

There is a system error w/ this game. The DPCI number is also linked to the vanilla/GH edition. If the system is showing in stock, it is probably for the vanilla/GH edition. I would call to verify the store has the Complete. Otherwise, you may be wasting your time going to the store. :ps3:

[quote name='kerouac kid']There is a system error w/ this game. The DPCI number is also linked to the vanilla/GH edition. If the system is showing in stock, it is probably for the vanilla/GH edition. I would call to verify the store has the Complete. Otherwise, you may be wasting your time going to the store. :ps3:[/QUOTE]Then the wise move would be to price match this price @ BB since they'll go by the pic on the site. If you want the X360 version you'll need to get the PS3 version 1st & come back for an even exchange.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Best Buy have the non-Greatest Hits? I really want this but I've gone this far in the gen without a Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits and I don't wanna start now.

[quote name='ferant316']Does Best Buy have the non-Greatest Hits? I really want this but I've gone this far in the gen without a Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits and I don't wanna start now.[/QUOTE]

At my local store, they had the black label PS3 copies. Didn't look to see about Xbox 360 copies.

[quote name='ferant316']Does Best Buy have the non-Greatest Hits? I really want this but I've gone this far in the gen without a Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits and I don't wanna start now.[/QUOTE]Gamestop just buy & replace cases.

Printed the Target page and am going to try a PM at BBY on my lunch break. I'm pretty sure I saw a Complete PS3 copy at Target last week but don't really want to bother with that probability.

[quote name='ferant316']Does Best Buy have the non-Greatest Hits? I really want this but I've gone this far in the gen without a Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits and I don't wanna start now.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they carry the complete edition... Just check the links below and see if they carry them in your local store.

PS3:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Grand+Theft+Auto+IV%3A+The+Complete+Edition+-+PlayStation+3/1511593.p?id=1218265781156&skuId=1511593&st=grand%20theft%20auto&lp=8&cp=1

X360:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Grand+Theft+Auto+IV%3A+The+Complete+Edition+-+Xbox+360/1511584.p?id=1218265765990&skuId=1511584&st=grand%20theft%20auto&lp=9&cp=1

Both versions are showing in stock at my local store. I may consider trying to pick this up, but I already have enough games in my backlog.

If people can just print the page and get a price match off that alone, whats stopping people from photo shopping or editing the html itself to change the price of any game to something believable and getting a price match somewhere else? Do they confirm the online price somehow? Just wondering, not that i would do this, just out of curiosity.

[quote name='The 7th Number']If people can just print the page and get a price match off that alone, whats stopping people from photo shopping or editing the html itself to change the price of any game to something believable and getting a price match somewhere else? Do they confirm the online price somehow? Just wondering, not that i would do this, just out of curiosity.[/QUOTE]Printout vs showing the online price on your smartphone. I get them to match using my phone but a printout will be verfied by them using their pc & going to the stores site. They also may want to confirm stock by calling too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Enuf']Printout vs showing the online price on your smartphone. I get them to match using my phone but a printout will be verfied by then using their pc & going to the stores site. They also may want to confirm stock by calling too.[/QUOTE]

However, if they call to confirm stock Target is going to tell them it's in stock since the DCPI is link to the vanilla version and they would not know the difference.

[quote name='jedolley']However, if they call to confirm stock Target is going to tell them it's in stock since the DCPI is link to the vanilla version and they would not know the difference.[/QUOTE]yeah, this deal is no prob but I was more referring to a person trying to cheat the system using photoshop etc. If they call to verify stock they could also ask about the price too. Don't want people trying to take $5 - $10 sales & photoshop their way to ME3, Skyrim or other titles to @gamer prices LOL.

If it was really that easy I'd say people would be getting systems for $125-$150 making their own price cuts LOL

[quote name='The 7th Number']If people can just print the page and get a price match off that alone, whats stopping people from photo shopping or editing the html itself to change the price of any game to something believable and getting a price match somewhere else? Do they confirm the online price somehow? Just wondering, not that i would do this, just out of curiosity.[/QUOTE]

I took the Target printout to BB on lunch as I mentioned. The BB guy glanced at the page, called the nearest Target to check the price and stock, and then honored the match. He said even if the price was consistent in store, if they were out of stock he wouldn't have done the deal. Sounds like company policy to do this.

[quote name='bsmiff']I took the Target printout to BB on lunch as I mentioned. The BB guy glanced at the page, called the nearest Target to check the price and stock, and then honored the match. He said even if the price was consistent in store, if they were out of stock he wouldn't have done the deal. Sounds like company policy to do this.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i once took a TRU ad to CC to price match but since TRU didnt have any in stock they wouldnt match it.

can i price match at my local bestbuy store if i just take my smartphone and show them the price, also my local target store shows the game is in stock, but im almost sure they only have the vanilla version not the complete edition

[quote name='jedolley']However, if they call to confirm stock Target is going to tell them it's in stock since the DCPI is link to the vanilla version and they would not know the difference.[/QUOTE]

Got best buy to price matched it, but totally ymmv. My friend went and they totally rejected him the other day. I got lucky and the guy just did it when I told him there was a sale at target. I guess it helped because there was a target right next door near my best buy!

gonna try to price match it tomorrow at my local bestbuy, would it be best to print the target page or can i only show them the page in my smartphone?

FYI: The price for this game for the :ps3: version has been $19.99 in store for a loooooooong time now. So you're likely better off trying to PM this for PS3 at BB or somewhere else since your chances of finding one in store by now are slim to nil.

They had 2-3 of the complete edition when I first noticed the $20 price at my closest store, but those have since sold out.

By the way, anyone buying the PS3 version who wants to play online mp for this please be warned that there's a glitch with the save files and games themselves. All three games use the same block of 12 or so slots to save the game progress in and some of those are reserved for GTA IV saves ONLY.

So please be mindful when making saves or else you'll end up staring at a screen that says 'load failed-starting a new game' when trying to play sp or mp. Once you get into the game though, you can reload from whatever save.

But lately I've had to completely quit out of whatever game I'm playing in order to load one of the other two as loading in one of the other saves no longer works to switch games as far as I can tell.

[quote name='smokeyp31']gonna try to price match it tomorrow at my local bestbuy, would it be best to print the target page or can i only show them the page in my smartphone?[/QUOTE]go the phone route

Agree, use the smartphone on this one. If they try to shut you down without looking because it's an "online price," zoom in and point out that it says it's the in-store price only. I only used a printout because I left my phone at home that day.

Thanks for the tip on the save glitch IATCG.

[quote name='bsmiff']Agree, use the smartphone on this one. If they try to shut you down without looking because it's an "online price," zoom in and point out that it says it's the in-store price only. I only used a printout because I left my phone at home that day.

Thanks for the tip on the save glitch IATCG.[/QUOTE]You can always just tell them what store has the price they'll look it up online using their pc & maybe call too.

[quote name='bsmiff']I took the Target printout to BB on lunch as I mentioned. The BB guy glanced at the page, called the nearest Target to check the price and stock, and then honored the match. He said even if the price was consistent in store, if they were out of stock he wouldn't have done the deal. Sounds like company policy to do this.[/QUOTE]

I printed out the page and took it to Best Buy too, but the guy that rang me up only took a glance at the price and that was it. I even printed out the page that showed that it was in stock at the nearest Target.

bread's done
Back