$19.97($50 MSRP) Official PS Vita Sony Portable Charger @ GS(OOS online) $27.XX @ AMZ(3rd Party)

That's why I didn't wait, they were slow to act on it and figured it wouldn't last. With gas, time and tax factored in I figured I would only be at two dollars more and using Amazon credit over cash.

Well, my charger came today and holy fuck this thing is a little brick, it's not heavier than the system but when I took it out of the package that was my initial impression. Was expecting to have immediate buyers remorse upon opening it, but despite it not being a flashy thing it still feels pretty cool and satisfying just to hold and know I'll get my use out of later on. I know that just for all the times I went to use my iPad only to realize I hadn't charged it in a week and was about to die will justify it.

Edit- Aaaaannnddddd... double post. >.<
ya i shoulda jumped when i had the chance, blea. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Glad you enjoy your purchase, hopefully i'll jump on it next time when/if it comes up for cheap.

I actually need to find somewhere to get a psp battery. They seem to be hard to find and id like to have a backup for when mine starts to crap out.

Last edited by a moderator:
For future reference, does this official vita charger work with devices that have a micro usb port? I would also like to use it for my mobile hotspot modem when I don't have it connected to my vita. Maybe it would work as long as you have a micro usb to usb cable?

Bought one of these things a couple of months ago, charged it and put it away without thinking much about it. Two weeks ago we had a bad storm out here, knocked out power in my area for a day. Was able to keep my phone and tablet charged so I could keep in contact with everyone and gave my Nexus 7 3g enough juice to keep Netflix going for a while . Love this thing now.

For future reference, does this official vita charger work with devices that have a micro usb port? I would also like to use it for my mobile hotspot modem when I don't have it connected to my vita. Maybe it would work as long as you have a micro usb to usb cable?
Yep, anything that can charge via USB can use it and it's quite speedy. You use the Vita cable (or the adapter that someone linked earlier in the thread) to charge it up and then you can plug whatever USB cable you need into it whether it's micro, mini, Vita, Apple, whatever.

They had one of these at a local Gamestop here in Indianapolis.  I picked it up and I have charged it, but not used it yet.

Thanks for the heads up.  If this works as well as nearly every single review for it I have read, then this was an awesome purchase. 

Just got this for 19.17

Pricematched at Fry's. I didn't even think of them as an option. But my frys had quite a few on the shelf at full $50 msrp. Had no problem PMing to Gamestop.com's price. So anyone with a Fry's near them may want to give this a shot

Just got this for 19.17

Pricematched at Fry's. I didn't even think of them as an option. But my frys had quite a few on the shelf at full $50 msrp. Had no problem PMing to Gamestop.com's price. So anyone with a Fry's near them may want to give this a shot
Lucky you. I tried and they said they won't do it because GS shows out of stock.

I reserved one. There seems to be a few in small stock on 3 GS that are close by.
So, is this thing really that much better than other battery chargers?

in case anyone is wondering, this thing works like a dream and also charges other things well.  i love mine. great price.

Hmm. Do you guys think this could run a cell-phone acting as a wifi hotspot for Approx: 8 hours? From the people who are used to using it, I mean.

I picked one up from GS a month or so ago and it works, but I'm curious, is this really better than getting another Portable charger on Amazon for a few more bucks? The other ones are all sub 30 and they charge anything USB.

Main difference is, they hold twice the charge.

Just found that out, well, a little redundancy in links help other CAGs click less.
People say I`m too pro BB so I try to post AMZ/Newegg in the OP/title when it`s needed. Plus ppl should always check the OP I'm sure you`ve seen the threads where the 3rd person posting in a new thread asks a ? outlined in detail in the OP or the "I don`t wanna search thru 200 pages for" & it`s either in the OP, on page 1 or on the same page they asked the ?. LOL
It`s all good

bread's done
Back