$19.99 DS games (Universal Drop) (Meteos/Canvas Curse/Advance Wars/Prime Pinball/more

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
EDIT: These all look like universal drops and JR/Amazon were the first to drop them. Some games are now in stock at $19.99 at www.gamestop.com. Use code SAVER to get Free Shipping (choose Value Shipping) when linking through CAG.com.

(From JR.com through Amazon = No Prime and/or Super Saver Shipping)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009ENA2W Meteos (thanks CAG monkeypox)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000BNUXL2 True Swing

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000BD8FXU Metroid Pinball

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009XEC02 Advance Wars: DD (might have to get at http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4046535 if not in stock for $19.99 at Amazon, but keep checking the Amazon link for stock at that price)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00095LIC0 Kirby

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009G1A2W Trace Memory

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007D4MWC Yoshi Touch

Shipping Starts at $5.90 for the first game. I added another game to my cart and it only went up by 20 cents.

No tax except maybe for NY

If you purchase at www.JR.com, I think shipping is a flat $6.95

That's an awesome deal for Canvas Curse or Advance Wars. The others are typically prices and have been found for lower, but I'm not sure we've ever seen CC at the 19.99 price.

[quote name='Felder71']That's an awesome deal for Canvas Curse or Advance Wars. The others are typically prices and have been found for lower, but I'm not sure we've ever seen CC at the 19.99 price.[/QUOTE]

Maybe if they had a Time Machine and/or wanted to waste there time driving around for games ;)

I don't even own a DS yet and I'm thinking of picking up three of these games. Since I know nothing about DS games what do Meteos, Kirby, and Advance Wars normally costs?

[quote name='MadFlava']I don't even own a DS yet and I'm thinking of picking up three of these games. Since I know nothing about DS games what do Meteos, Kirby, and Advance Wars normally costs?[/QUOTE]

Meteos = $30

The other two = $35

Amazon link shows it available for 19.99 at eb and gamestop, wonder if these are some sort of universal drops with the advent of the new colorful ds line...

not bad at all op. there was antoher game I was thinking of biting on from J&R, and this makes the high shipping cost a little easier to swallow.

Advance Wars looks like it is $20 at ebgames/gamestop too. Even at the ebgames and gamestop websites when you search for AW it initially shows 34.99, but when you click on the game it comes up $20.

argh! I just bought canvas curse full price from amazon last week! I hate it when that happens! Oh well.... that game is so good, it was still worth the full price. It's definetly worth the $20 price!

[quote name='msdmoney']Advance Wars looks like it is $20 at ebgames/gamestop too. Even at the ebgames and gamestop websites when you search for AW it initially shows 34.99, but when you click on the game it comes up $20.[/QUOTE]

Is their shipping any cheaper? I really want AW, but I already own all of the others on that list. $7 shipping for one game is a little bit hard to swallow.

If you use the free shipping codes and click on the links from the Max Payne thread, you can get free shipping from Gamestop and EB Games which are selling all of these for 19.99 as well.

[quote name='thebert']I just bought canvas curse full price from amazon last week! I hate it when that happens![/quote]
Write to Amazon's customer service. I bought a game from them that dropped in price like 4 days later, they refunded me the difference.

[quote name='turls']I don't see stock on these at EBGames online.[/QUOTE]
Meteos and Kirby: CC are only "Used" at Gamestop.

if you go to ebgames.com the prices are dropped on them, however at my store we have not dropped them down yet. I am assuming that nintendo has gone the route of sony and introduced player's choice DS titles :) yay! about time nintendo.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']Write to Amazon's customer service. I bought a game from them that dropped in price like 4 days later, they refunded me the difference.[/QUOTE]
I don't think that would work, since these aren't from Amazon itself.

Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking for a good price and even had a hard time finding Advance Wars. I picked it up with the SAVER coupon at EBGames for 21.61 shipped after tax! I'm happy.

[quote name='sanjuro']I wonder if Best Buy will drop these soon, they'd be nice at $15 after GGC.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about that, but when I searched on the Best Buy website for Advance Wars and Kirby Canvas Curse I couldn't find them, I don't think they stock them anymore.

Yoshi's Touch and Go is the most fun you'll ever have in a tech demo/arcade-style minigame.

For $20, it is hard to find a game on this list not to recommend. (Though I never played Trace Memory.) For $15 with GGC, even True Swing Golf doesn't seem like crap.

Man, lots of other price drops at EB/GS, now that I'm looking over the page. I'll post some of those later tonight if no one beats me to it.

Meteos is still my favorite puzzle game on the DS.

Metroid Prime Pinball is a great twitch game and features superb pinball physics. The tables are really interesting and there are lots of nifty things to do that keep the gameplay varied (for a pinball game, anyway). Don't know if it still comes with the rumble pak or not, but that's another plus.

Canvas Curse is a lot of fun, has beautiful graphics, is very deep, and still has not been surpassed in terms of using the stylus in a truly innovative and engaging way.

Touch Memory is probably worth $15-$20, especially if you're a fan of classic point & click adventure games ala LucasArts, Sierra, and the Myst series. It's pretty short, but there are two possible endings so it's conceivable that you will play through it twice.

Just a reminder, you can pick up several of these titles at Sears for > $10....If you can find them.
Ive picked up Meteos for $8 and MP:pinball for $10
I know Advance Wars is less than 10 and I think kirby and yoshi are as well.

Just wanted to say check your sears (if you have one) before jumping on this deal.

I own both Kirby's Canvas Curse and Yoshi's Touch and Go. In my opinion they are well worth $20 a pop. I bought them for their original retail price ($39.99), and I've played them enough to make paying that worth while.

I'll definitely be jumping on Meteos and Metroid Prime Pinball. Can anyone vouch for Trace Memory?

[quote name='ckonze']I own both Kirby's Canvas Curse and Yoshi's Touch and Go. In my opinion they are well worth $20 a pop. I bought them for their original retail price ($39.99), and I've played them enough to make paying that worth while.

I'll definitely be jumping on Meteos and Metroid Prime Pinball. Can anyone vouch for Trace Memory?[/QUOTE]
I've had Trace Memory for a while, got it for $20 a while back, but only recently started to play it. In my opinion, it's a really good game. It's hard for me to put it down, although I like to pace it out because I've heard it's pretty short. It's a basic point-and-click adventure game but the story is interesting and the graphics are top-notch for the DS. You basically explore an island and a mansion, looking for clues about where your father is. It's easy, but enjoyable--you enjoy these games for the story, not the gameplay.

I'm gonna check out my sears tomorrow (been meaning to go there for a while) and see if I can get advance wars, meteos and yoshi touch & go for cheap. If not, I'll order them.

Starting to wonder if I was the only one that didn't like Meteos. Just felt like the game turned into a "go crazy with the flicking" scenario at the end of each game. Loved Lumines, so I had high hopes for it.

Of the other games I've played in this thread, Yoshi T&G is perfect at $20. It's fun in a short/arcade way. Kirby's a deal.

i picked up trace memory for $8.96 and its a great game i would pay $29.99 for it, its really worth it for $19.99

that is not a price drop on Canvas Curse. i did a little searching around and here's what i found:

bestbuy.com - not listed

circuitcity.com - not listed

compusa.com - $34.99

toysrus.com - $34.99

kbtoys.com - not listed

ebgames.com - not listed

gamestop.com - not listed

walmart.com - $34.82

target.com - not listed

fye.com - $34.99

also, i was in the Lake Worth Best Buy tonight picking up 2 AK Ratchet gaming chairs i got on clearance for $14.24 each. i decided to go down the DS aisle to see if they actually had Canvas Curse in-store. turns out they had a few copies. the placard read $34.99, but i took it and had them check it anyway. rang up $34.99. turns out that's a steal on it for $19.99, at least for the time being.

[quote name='ikill2game']that is not a price drop on Canvas Curse. i did a little searching around and here's what i found:

bestbuy.com - not listed

circuitcity.com - not listed

compusa.com - $34.99

toysrus.com - $34.99

kbtoys.com - not listed

ebgames.com - not listed

gamestop.com - not listed

walmart.com - $34.82

target.com - not listed

fye.com - $34.99

also, i was in the Lake Worth Best Buy tonight picking up 2 AK Ratchet gaming chairs i got on clearance for $14.24 each. i decided to go down the DS aisle to see if they actually had Canvas Curse in-store. turns out they had a few copies. the placard read $34.99, but i took it and had them check it anyway. rang up $34.99. turns out that's a steal on it for $19.99, at least for the time being.[/QUOTE]

Universal drops trickle in at different times for different retailers and sites. In this case, Gamestop.com dropped the used to $17.99, which follows the path of Advance Wars, Metroid Pinball, and Meteos (all dropped Tuesday at the same used price). If they had the new one in stock, I'm sure you'd see it at $19.99. JR.com and Gamestop.com dropping the same games on the same day indicates a trend.

Best Buy drops prices a certain day of the week. Patience. :)

[quote name='bmarquardt']Universal drops trickle in at different times for different retailers and sites. In this case, Gamestop.com dropped the used to $17.99, which follows the path of Advance Wars, Metroid Pinball, and Meteos (all dropped Tuesday at the same used price). If they had the new one in stock, I'm sure you'd see it at $19.99. JR.com and Gamestop.com dropping the same games on the same day indicates a trend.

Best Buy drops prices a certain day of the week. Patience. :)[/QUOTE]

Circuit City dropped the price on Kirby already. I picked it up just now for $20. (Almaden, CA. Might have been the last copy...)

bread's done
Back