$19.99 games 50% off at WalMart - YMMV

Fatesealer

CAGiversary!
The Walmart in Duluth GA, on Pleasant Hill Rd (the one close to Microcenter) has a glass security case of various titles in the game section with a sticker on it that reads games $20 or less. On that same case, there's a sticker on the left that says 50% off. I figured it was not accurate so I called over a sales lady to open the case and ring me up Viva Pinata for 360 and Hot Shots Golf Fore for PS2. I also saw Lego Star Wars Complete Saga in the case and I had her get it too (sadly my smooth talking didn't work and she knew it was a newer game so no go on 19.99 or half off).

She rings up Viva Pinata and sure enough, 9.91. She couldn't get a price to come up for Hot Shots and she said since I wasn't able to get the LSW for the deal, she rings up HSGF for 5 DOLLARS!!! Score! I didn't see any Rogue Galaxy or GrimGrimoire or else I'd have definitely bought and returned the other ones. There's plenty left in the case and I'm sure you might find something for you. I went to another Walmart and they didn't have this deal going on so yes - YMMV.

[quote name='Fatesealer']The Walmart in Duluth GA, on Pleasant Hill Rd (the one close to Microcenter) has a glass security case of various titles in the game section with a sticker on it that reads games $20 or less. [/quote]

Did they have any GameCube or Wii games? I live in Alpharetta and wouldnt be too bad of a trip for me.

Thanks, OP!

I just got back from this Duluth GA Wal-Mart, and they did have some Wii games (nothing too exciting, like Destroyer?, Far Cry Vengeance, and a few others). Can't remember if they had GC games, if so, they'd be on the bottom 2 rows inside the locked glass case. There was also a row or two of PS2 games.

I picked up 7 Xbox 360 games (Star Wars II, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Sonic the Hedgehog, Bomberman, Prey, All-Pro Football 2K8, Viva Pinata).

[quote name='Patman30096']Thanks, OP!

I just got back from this Duluth GA Wal-Mart, and they did have some Wii games (nothing too exciting, like Destroyer?, Far Cry Vengeance, and a few others). Can't remember if they had GC games, if so, they'd be on the bottom 2 rows inside the locked glass case. There was also a row or two of PS2 games.

I picked up 7 Xbox 360 games (Star Wars II, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Sonic the Hedgehog, Bomberman, Prey, All-Pro Football 2K8, Viva Pinata).[/quote] You payed $10 for Bomberman: Act Zero? You got ripped off by about $9.99.

Went back and took some photos and came up with this list of games still in the case:

I took some photos with my Blackberry, but the Gameboy selection I couldn't make out the names of the game as they were on the bottom row.
Here's the rundown of most of inventory at this particular Wal-Mart. YMMV, indeed.

PSP:
World Championship Poker
Smackdown Raw 2007
Scarface
Grand Theft Auto
Alien Syndrome
Loco Poco
NHRA
few others

Wii:
Rampage
Farcry Vengeance
The Grim Adventures of Bill and Mandy
Ice Age 2
Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (At World's End)
Chicken Little
Xbox 360:
Surf's Up
Star Wars II Lego
Viva Pinata
Earth Defence Force 2017
Sonic the Hedgehog
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Bomberman Agent Zero
All Pro Football 2K8
Fuzion Frenzy 2
Call of Duty 2
Cars
Bionicle Heroes
Pirates of the Caribbean 3

PS2 (blurry photos)
Cabalas Alaskan Adventure...
Happy Feet
Madden 2005
Ford Bold Moves Street Racing
Tony Hawk ...
Medal of Honor
Hot Shot Golf
Arena Football
Final Fantasy IX
Ghost Rider
NHRA
Smackdown vs. Raw 2006
Scarface
Poker with Daniel Negreanu
World Series of Poker Tournament of Champions
Mortal Kombat
Grand Theft Auto
Resident Evil 4
God of War
Flat Out 2
Ant Bully
Socum 3
Black
Most Wanted
MVP Baseball 2005
NHL 06
Rapella Pro Fishing
Finding Nemo

I returned 3 of the games from Sunday, and picked up Cars, Call of Duty and Fuzion Frenzy 2 (all for the Xbox 360) and ended up with 8 games for about $80, which was a decent price for so-so or older games.

I take it that 19.9x games and such don't count, only ending in .99? Bought 3 copies of GrimGrimoire today and nothing came off :whistle2:\

[quote name='AlphakirA']I take it that 19.9x games and such don't count, only ending in .99? Bought 3 copies of GrimGrimoire today and nothing came off :whistle2:\[/quote]

Well, it's definitely a YMMV, but for this particular store, it does state that if the game is under $20 and in the case, take another 50% off that price (the sale clerk has to hit a override key to get the discount to take in the register).

[quote name='Jibbajaba']I don't shop at Wally World.

Chris[/quote]

Because of the "High Cost of Low Prices"?

YMMV stands for?

man i went looking for grimgrimoire and shininge force EXA, supposed to be $20 according to people, they had NONE. But i got Command and COnquer 3 for xbox 360 for frriggin $20, which is nuts cuz its $40 at other stores. And got locoroco for PSP for $20 also. They had some grandia IIIs and dot hack part 3 (not G.U., regular hack) for $20 also. and baten kaitos origins for Cube

I didnt see any oblivions. I am totally checking out Target though cuz apprently they got decent stuff. I hope my Target has Splinter Cell: Double Agent for $7.98 like some people hae been saying. I wasnt a HUGE fan of the game, but for $8, totally worth it.

Has anyone else noticed that Walmart doesn't have the bins full of cheap console games, as ithey did n years past? Usually a month before Chrsitmas they get truckloads of greatest hits/liquidated stuff, but this year zippo.

[quote name='aznguyen316']any luck w/ Oblvion? It's 19.82 everyday price at my wal-mart and I heard someone got it for $10 at Walmart somewhere[/quote]

I think I saw an Elder Scrolls Oblivion in the case.

[quote name='Patman30096']I think I saw an Elder Scrolls Oblivion in the case.[/quote]

cool does Wal-Mart do a price match to their own prices even if on clearance? I got this game the ohter day at $19.92.. I'm gonna go see if my walmart has it on clearance but it's not a big loss, plus I found a copy that was not GH =D

I don't mean to sound like a know-it-all, but......

Wally World is a lot different than other retailers...each dept manager has a lot of latitude when it comes things like clearances (and in a lot of cases, what even to stock and order) so posting these threads on is kind of pointless on a national scale; the deals are almost always specific to a given store.

This is why, by and large, Wally World's video game departments both suck and are excellent at the same time. Excellent when someone gets aggressive and marks something down more than they "should" (i.e. what the market will bear) and more often than not sucks because things sit around forever and never get marked down (which is why to this day you can still walk into some stores and find N-64 games)

bread's done
Back