1920 x 1200 monitors

BillyBob29

CAGiversary!
In the market for a set of 4 monitors, looking for 1920 x 1200 max resolution. When I bought my last set from Dell a few years back I paid $400 a piece. Looking around now I'm seeing prices for these monitors over $500.

Anyone know of any better deals out there?

Are you looking for the old 16:10 ratio? With a IPS panel? That would be the only reason the prices are over $500. Otherwise you can easily find a 1080p monitor with a TN panel for around 200-300 dollars easily.

My old monitors are Dell 24" Ultrasharps, around 4-5 years old.

The monitors linked in this thread are showing max resolution of 1920 x 1080.

I didn't think about it before, but I guess I am looking for the 16:10 ratio and that is why I'm finding so few models.

I'm set on the 1920 x 1200 resolution becasuse of the trading software I run, this resolution allows me to keep the maximum amount of readable, to my eyes, charts on screen at the same time.

It looks like the current Dell model comparable to what I have now is this dell for $600:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...etail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=320-8277

I also found an Asus model that looks to fit the specs, VW266h. Never heard of this brand though, anyone have any experience with it?

I also found an Asus model that looks to fit the specs, VW266h. Never heard of this brand though, anyone have any experience with it?
I have a VK266H which is just an older version (bought it almost 2 years ago for $380, which was a hell of a deal at the time for a 26" LCD with built in Webcam)

It really is an awesome monitor and would Highly recommend it. Never had any problems and it is still running strong. Colors are vibrant and there are really no cons at all. I am actually contemplating buying a VW266H for a dual setup.
And for $260 after rebate at Newegg it is a great deal ;)

Edit: You've never heard of Asus?! Must not be big into PC's, They are a reputable company that have been around for many years.

[quote name='BillyBob29']

The monitors linked in this thread are showing max resolution of 1920 x 1080.

[/QUOTE]

I simply glanced over the title, sorry. I have no real opinions/ reviews of anything of that resolution, but good luck getting a good deal!

[quote name='Richlough']I have this one , it's the same but it has pretty much every type of input .

http://support.gateway.com/s/MONITOR/7010821R/7010821Rnv.shtml[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my friend has that one. It's the model that came before mine. It was slightly more expensive because as you said, it comes with like every input imaginable. The stand also has height adjustment whereas the model I have just has tilt.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

The 28" Hanns came up while I was looking around but there seems to be some serious heat issues with those sets and the life expectancy seems to be pretty low compared to its peers.

I ended up ordering 4 of the Asus models.

[quote name='hotstud19us']Other way around WebScud[/QUOTE]

Okay. I was wandering because the product listing says this:

DVI With HDCP
DVI-D with High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) supports HD—meaning that you can view copy-protected movies and media, and ensuring that you are future ready.

HDMIâ„¢
Enjoy the next generation of viewing today using this display's High-Definition Multimedia Interface, which allows a single cable from your computer to transmit uncompressed high-definition video to this LCD. Result: The smoothest, sharpest images you've ever seen.

[quote name='hotstud19us']There is actually 2 main dvi standards. DVI-I and DVI-D. Most monitors from the last couple years are DVI-D.[/QUOTE]

I know. My question was wether or not the HDMI supports HDCP.

bread's done
Back