1st CAG SSBB Season - Week 14: Championship & 3rd Place Matches + Smash Bowls MIA?

[quote name='evergoo']Edit: Ok, nvm Blue. I was thinking about that extra pt going to some deserved CAG. The Smash Polls results would still be Top 15, but CAGs would submit their Top 16 for Week 5 Smash Polls.[/QUOTE]

You saw what I had in place to calculate the results, would be a slight hassle to change it just for one week. Aside from that, it looks like most of the ballots have already dropped Fallmoon from their votes, so the top 10 should shift a good bit.

I was going to tag this thread with "Marc is a banana" but there's a max of 10 tags.

[quote name='Lurk']so should i even try to contact FM this week?[/quote]
You could try. Just make sure that your pm to her is extra saucy. :lol:

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I was going to tag this thread with "Marc is a banana" but there's a max of 10 tags.[/QUOTE]

You know, I only put up 1 tag. The rest are made up by you guys.

Thanks for all your love and hate. :grouphug:

Week 5 match between Joe and I.
Dang!

JoeB(DDD) D Dallow (MK) @ Battlefield, 1 stock (that suck suicide move at the end, never seen it before :arg:)
JoeB (Yoshi) D Dallow (MK) @ Smashville, 1 Stock
JoeB(Yoshi) D Dallow (Pikachu) @ Battlefield, 1 Stock (ahh, killed myself at the end! good game)

Great matches.
Crap down the rankings I go!

i have failed you master...

Take my Regicide, dallow! :D

Those were good games! I can definitely see some of DMK's techniques have rubbed off on you. Hope you had a fun time as well!

[quote name='JoeB1233']Take my Regicide, dallow! :D

Those were good games! I can definitely see some of DMK's techniques have rubbed off on you. Hope you had a fun time as well![/quote]
It was good. I'm quicker in person obviously. :)
How did you fare against DMK? He pretty much always slaughters me.
Be honest!

Regicide was cool. hehe

marc, nothing against you personally but, honestly your gameplay. its people like you who make me hate SSBB cuz all it is is spam and worst than that its camping too but you know it is what it is, hope you dont get pissed or hate me. even so whatever just throwin out a known. *sigh* end of rant lol

ps go skilled/non spammy players you rock! :)
im lookin at kado right now cuz i havent played anyone else but your out there and i appreciate you hahahaha

Chop Suey, if you want to play me sometime let me know. I haven't played you and have only an idea of how good you are. At the very least it'd be easier for me to rank you more accurately.

Are you guys playing right now?

I'm not really tired, and have nothing else to do.

EDIT: Oops. Didn't realize this was the season thread.

[quote name='suko_32']Chop Suey, if you want to play me sometime let me know. I haven't played you and have only an idea of how good you are. At the very least it'd be easier for me to rank you more accurately.[/quote]

id love to get in some friendlies man, just a goof time to smash. its too late now how about tomorrow

[quote name='The Chop Suey']marc, nothing against you personally but, honestly your gameplay. its people like you who make me hate SSBB cuz all it is is spam and worst than that its camping too but you know it is what it is, hope you dont get pissed or hate me. even so whatever just throwin out a known. *sigh* end of rant lol[/QUOTE]

No offense taken.

You have to understand, though, that this game is NOT like Melee or 64. The reward for aggression is not high, and being aggressive is easily punishable due to overpowered shields and dodges. That's one of the reasons why a lot of Melee/64 pros don't like this game as much as previous iterations.

I used to main in Ike who must approach to win. Then I learned that I can't win against smart projectile players because they were racking up damage on me, even after I short-hopped and spot-dodged. I didn't get upset, I just learned to play other characters who can overcome this weakness. Unlike Melee/64, you CANNOT MAIN IN ONLY ONE CHARACTER and expect to win. Every character has tough counterpicks...except maybe one but that's debatable.

I then played a less-campy R.O.B. and later reached a plateau against maigoyume's Lucario. From these 1-on-1s, I learned that aggression doesn't always pay. It's all about playing smart and that's what I'm doing now.

BTW, some of the best R.O.B.s are campy and all good Diddys use lots of bananas.

Edit: Before re-strategizing, I usually lost to Joe and maigo. Now, I would say I'm about even or +/- a little against them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Chop Suey']id love to get in some friendlies man, just a goof time to smash. its too late now how about tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's cool.

Edit: Joe, let's have our match soon.

UPDATE:

FallMoon and TimPV3 have been dropped from the season.

KhaosX is taking over FallMoon's schedule.

If anybody is interested in taking over TimPV3's schedule, please PM me. Acceptance will be on a first come first serve basis.

[quote name='evergoo']UPDATE:

FallMoon and TimPV3 have been dropped from the season.

KhaosX is taking over FallMoon's schedule.

If anybody is interested in taking over TimPV3's schedule, please PM me. Acceptance will be on a first come first serve basis.[/QUOTE]

Question does KhaosX adopt FallMoon's previous matches or will KhaosX need to play catch up for a bit?

[quote name='foltzie']Question does KhaosX adopt FallMoon's previous matches or will KhaosX need to play catch up for a bit?[/QUOTE]

I've already laid out his entire schedule via PM.

He only has to play Lurk this week. All the other games that FallMoon missed will be the responsibility of KhaosX to make up. That includes PMing his opponents.

So FallMoon/KhaosX and TimPV3/?'s opponents: Don't worry about making up the matches. The season newcomers will PM you.

Made some updates regarding KhaosX and Mr. Beef entrance along with other small revisions.

Also made an important correction on the Lakitu Week 10 Division Championship Preview. maigoyume has not clinched the #1 spot yet (unless he beats Mr. Beef) but he definitely has earned a spot.

Actually, i didn't even know I was in the season when it was made. I remember signing up at first, then sending a PM stating that due to time constraints, I couldn't play at all.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Well then, it looks like maigo ain't gonna get that #1 spot.[/quote]Confident. I like that. I won't mind crushing you now ;)

[quote name='evergoo']Made some updates regarding KhaosX and Mr. Beef entrance along with other small revisions.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for replacing FallMoon with KhaosX - I've actually got a slight glimmer of a hope of winning in the last week now. KhaosX will still probably beat me, but at least I know it won't be two guaranteed straight 3-0 wins like it would've been with FallMoon. :lol:

Im available for the next hour to play any matches that i need to play to catch up. Im pretty busy tomorrow, so ill begin PMs friday. Sorry for the late start, but i didnt expect the swap to be so quick.

Arikado and I should be playing later tonight (my internet came back, seems stable), and I'm contacting Ingwe about a time for later this week.

Yeah, sometime tonight will be fine. Got to finish some HW first.

Joe I'm ready. What are the stages?

i'm finally back home after a trip that took longer than expected, I missed my match with Foo and the deadline was last night. So what happens now, I make it up later?

[quote name='eliter1']i'm finally back home after a trip that took longer than expected, I missed my match with Foo and the deadline was last night. So what happens now, I make it up later?[/QUOTE]

You have 'til 11:59 pm PDT tonight. Otherwise, you're using your bye.

Hurry up, slacker!

Results-o!

@ Final Destination: King Dedede (suko_32) d. Yoshi (JoeB1233), 1
@ Yoshi's Island: Mr. Game and Watch (suko_32) d. Yoshi (JoeB1233), 2
@ Smashville: Ness (JoeB12330 d. Marth (suko_32), 1

Whoo! Good games, suko!

[quote name='JoeB1233']Results-o!

@ Final Destination: King Dedede (suko_32) d. Yoshi (JoeB1233), 1
@ Yoshi's Island: Mr. Game and Watch (suko_32) d. Yoshi (JoeB1233), 2
@ Smashville: Ness (JoeB12330 d. Marth (suko_32), 1

Whoo! Good games, suko![/quote]

I think Joeb should have used D3. :whistle2:#
That is nice to know that you tried your best without regrets Joe.
I have to try my best against ZNX. Be prepared ZNX. You're going down.

bread's done
Back