2.1 Gaming Speaker System for $15 + free shipping

Speak up, people!! :)

I've been looking for a cheap speaker system for my bedroom gaming, but no luck yet. I'll let you know if I find any opinions on this one.

wow! anyone have any knowledge of these speakers? i was looking for computer speakers, but at this price for tv/ps2/etc. speakers, i am paying attention!

are these quality sets? like someone else asked, how does this compare to the normal sound from a tv? if anyone knows, i would Love to hear. i don't know what 2.1 or 4.1 means, or how that compares to a plain T.V. i assume bigger numbers are better though =)

Your average t.v is stereo so that is 2 speakers, 2.1 is two speakers and a subwoofer ( the .1) , which adds bass. But i'm not seeing the wattage on that 4.1 model so who knows how that sounds, but really either one should spank your t.v speakers unless they're really, really shitty.

ok, wallmart has the 4.1 speakers, and they listed wattage as 850 watts. seems insane.

i'll check this post again tomorow, and probably buy one of the sets! thanks for the deal.

I have no idea how good the speakers are. I think I'm going to buy the 4.1 shortly.

However, if you order it from eToys instead (same company as KB), you don't get hit with tax unless you are in Virginia, Colorado or Massachussets. Buy some other clearance items (lots of toys, but plenty of gaming items), get it up to $50 and use the code ETOYSPERKS to take $5 off.

Links to eToys:
Game Zone 4.1 Surround Speaker System
Gaming Edge 2.1 Channel Speaker Set
eToys Clearance Items with Free Shipping, Sorted by Price

update: well, i bought the 2.1 speakers, free of tax (nice bonus). also, that free shipping is really nice! i'm used to games, which are about 3 bucks, but the shipping for these speakers (6 lbs.) would have been 9 bucks otherwise. even though they say free 1-3 day shipping, when i actually bought it, it said about 4-8 days. not a big deal for me, but that's something they don't tell you at first. the 1-3 day shipping costs 15 bucks, so no way i'm taking that! lol

I bought the 4.1 speakers, they seem pretty nice, i should be getting them between: Estimated Delivery Date: July 15, 2004 - July 23, 2004

the 4.1 description.... from http://www.navarre.com/productdetai...VideoGames&pfrom=spotlight&ItemNumber=2131221

Description:
Engineered to work with:
PlayStation, Xbox, GameCube and all gaming systems
PLUS - TV, DVD and VCR

Experience explosive sound

20 Watts Total Continuous Power (RMS)
Frequency Response 50Hz - 20kHz
Speakers:
2.5 Watts RMS Per Channel

Subwoofer:
10 Watts RMS

Wooden Woofer Enclosure To Enhance Solid Bass Performance
Magnetically Shielded to Protect Monitor and Magnetic Media
Color Coded Cables for Easy Installation
Remote Control

How hard is it to install sorround sound? Is there a bunch of wires all over the place from having to run the speakers around your living room?

Also there are a few reviews on amazon.com saying that these speakers are not that great. A bunch of people are saying that the subwoofer is sounds like it is blown.

It's not hard to install. If the wires are long enough you can tuck them beneath the baseboard. Or you can run them through the walls, which IMO is the best option.

But IMO usually cheap-o speakers equals cheap-o sound, so I'm avoiding this one.

it's almost worth it for 20 bucks....like if you have a second game room or just a small tv....for even just a little extra sound..i may buy these...

bread's done
Back