2 copies of Batman Brave & Bold (Wii) + 2 Batman T-Shirts = ~$64 at TRU

Achilles00

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Not a huge deal, but also not bad. Toys R Us has a sale where if you buy Batman The Bold and Brave for the Wii (just came out today), you get a free Batman t-shirt. It also so happens that the Batman game qualifies for TRU's Buy 1, Get 1 50% off promo, and there's nothing stopping you from getting two copies of the game. Therefore, you're able to get two shirts as well. I don't think that this is a YMMV because everything rang up fine and there was no discussion about it.

So, all told you get 2 games and 2 shirts for about $64, depending on what tax is in your state. Whether you want to give the second set away as a gift or sell it for a slight profit, it's not a bad deal. Not fantastic, but not shabby.

I think this would also stack with the $5 off coupons in McDonald's Happy Meals, since those are manufacturer's coupons. Not sure how many you could use, though.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I think this would also stack with the $5 off coupons in McDonald's Happy Meals, since those are manufacturer's coupons. Not sure how many you could use, though.[/QUOTE]

That's true, but it sounds like a small percentage of the toys actually come with the coupon. But yes, if you had coupons, I assume that you could use at least one of them.

I got the Wii and DS version the 2 shirts and the free tote bag if you spend over 25 dollars for 55 plus tax. Not bad if your interested in both versions. If you want the shirt I would hurry though as my Toys R Us only got one small, medium, large and XL shirt.

OK, so I just played through the first two levels of the game. It's a side-scrolling beat 'em up, although there are a total of 17 or 18 different moves. It's been pretty easy so far, and it's been almost entirely linear. The graphics, sound, and voice acting are all very good--probably similar to the cartoon, which I've never seen.

This is the sort of game that I see myself playing for 45 minutes at a time, perhaps an hour, before moving on to something else. That said, I will come back to the game eagerly each time. It's nothing new, amazing, or must-have, but it's likable and if you have tempered expectations, I think you'll probably dig it. Of course, this comes from someone who still loves those old Final Fight and Streets of Rage games. $40 might be a bit much for it, though if you figure that you get a cool shirt out of the deal, it's not bad. And it seems that there might be some replay value because you can upgrade and unlock gadgets, and you can use either Batman or Robin on any given level (whomever you don't choose is controlled by the CPU).

I'm not an expert, but I think the reviews for this game will fall between 7.5 and 8.0.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaoPi']thanks but I'll stick with homebrew[/QUOTE]
So, like iron-on transfers onto a Hanes/Fruit of the Loom?...

I was surprised they had multiple shirt sizes. More surprised they were adult-sized instead of kid-sized.

gotta love how people can take the internet so serious... If your an old school beat them up side scroller, you find find the adventures of batman on robin to be one of the best old school batman games

batmandarkknightjoker_2.jpg

bread's done
Back