2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jack_Frost']Lol, or that's a female poster. Chicks love using their dad for stuff. And my dad never hated me playing games (mom did/does) but he would never go do something like that for me. He would of said "wtf? wait till you get out of class and do it yourself"[/QUOTE]

[quote name='YBX87']LOL my dad says the exact thing if i ever asked him to pick up a game. my mom dislike me playing video games, but she usually does not say anything about, and just shakes her head in disapproval, or ignores it. my dad will tell me why are you wasting money on games.[/QUOTE]

My Dad is 63 and he owns a PS3 and 360. He sucks at gaming but says he is going to get good after he retires. He is always asking for my old Gameinformers and to hook him up on deals. I think it is cool.

Just PM'd this deal at Target to get Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders II Limited on 360. It was even cheaper using my red card so I'm a happy CAG. Thanks OP and happy Friday everybody!

anyone know if best buy will retroactively price match if you buy it from them and then attempt the PM? I just talked to BB "custome service" and they wouldnt even look up the ad

PM'ed at the Best Buy in Frederick, MD the other day. No problems once they understood what I wanted them to do (I had already purchased Darksiders II the week of release and had issues with that order that complicated things). Great deal, thanks OP!

[quote name='cancerman1120']My Dad is 63 and he owns a PS3 and 360. He sucks at gaming but says he is going to get good after he retires. He is always asking for my old Gameinformers and to hook him up on deals. I think it is cool.[/QUOTE]

My Grandpa is 75 and he has a PS3, Wii and 360 and he's actually not bad at single player games like Assassins Creed.

[quote name='nnthomas']Price matched at Best Buy just fine... is it suppose to say if it comes with the St. Pierre DLC, like the Darksiders 2 box?[/QUOTE]

Yeah there should be a big yellow box that says "includes GSP Pack!" or whatever on the front insert. If not, then you got a vanilla copy.

I could have gotten any two games at my local BB since the lady thought that but I ended up getting SD and ME3. I'm happy though, thanks.

I feel like I'm missing out because I only want Darksiders 2 BB edition, but none were willing to match.

I don't even want a 2nd, but willing to do it if they matched it. I will persevere. Just one more day... Then I can PM Sleeping Dogs. For anyone that doesn't know, it is already $49.99 at GS. I will wait for the sale price at BB next week since it should be easier to PM against themselves.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I feel like I'm missing out because I only want Darksiders 2 BB edition, but none were willing to match.

I don't even want a 2nd, but willing to do it if they matched it. I will persevere. Just one more day... Then I can PM Sleeping Dogs. For anyone that doesn't know, it is already $49.99 at GS. I will wait for the sale price at BB next week since it should be easier to PM against themselves.[/QUOTE]

you ordered online from bestbuy.com, right? they are pita to pricematch , having to call in, then waiting for them to call their compeitor to verify stock

UPDATE: I called a local TRU today, looking for Sleeping Dogs (I grabbed 2 Darksiders in hopes to find a SD at a TRU to exchange one of the DS2s for SD if I could find one)

And the woman told me she JUST got a delivery which was full of games for the 2 for $60 deal. So, of course I got to exchange a DS2 for SD. So you might want to call your local TRU to see if they got a shipment in today.

[quote name='HydroX']Yeah there should be a big yellow box that says "includes GSP Pack!" or whatever on the front insert. If not, then you got a vanilla copy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, no GSP for me, not that I was going to use it anyway.

I was lucky enough to get SD and DS2 with both the BB DLC packs.

Btw, how come the two games everyone seems to want are those? I heard Max Payne 3 was pretty good and Prototype 2 as well.

Stopped by a TRU that I dont frequent a lot and sure enough they just got in new stocks of most of the game. As soon as I went into the Rzone, the lady asked if I was looking for Sleeping Dogs and that she only had 2 copies left. Was hoping they'd have that and NCAA (it was sold out so settled for Darksiders 2).

Question, so if I bring Darksiders along with the receipt to another TRU and they did have NCAA, would they let me exchange them? Or would I have to do a return/rebuy and bring along SD too?

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I was lucky enough to get SD and DS2 with both the BB DLC packs.

Btw, how come the two games everyone seems to want are those? I heard Max Payne 3 was pretty good and Prototype 2 as well.[/QUOTE]

Two newest games, plus most of the others have been cheaper. Ex. Max Payne 3 is 34.99 plus $10 gc at target. Batman has been 9.99 multiple times at best buy.

[quote name='TheRock88']Stopped by a TRU that I dont frequent a lot and sure enough they just got in new stocks of most of the game. As soon as I went into the Rzone, the lady asked if I was looking for Sleeping Dogs and that she only had 2 copies left. Was hoping they'd have that and NCAA (it was sold out so settled for Darksiders 2).

Question, so if I bring Darksiders along with the receipt to another TRU and they did have NCAA, would they let me exchange them? Or would I have to do a return/rebuy and bring along SD too?[/QUOTE]

Would have to be a return/rebuy.

[quote name='atc250es']Two newest games, plus most of the others have been cheaper. Ex. Max Payne 3 is 34.99 plus $10 gc at target. Batman has been 9.99 multiple times at best buy.[/QUOTE]

Yep, those games just came out August 14th.

Hope everyone else got what they wanted from this deal one way or another. Good to see they're finally getting new shipments into the stores, even if it's 2 days before it ends.

I've been playing Darksiders II since I bought it on Sunday and it's easily worth $30. This game is huge. About 14 hours into it and I'm only about half way done. Hopefully Sleeping Dogs is as fun, but this game is raising the bar for me. No dumb one-at-a-time enemies. DS2 keeps you on your feet.

do you guys think it's even worth it to get Prototype 2 and Darksiders 2 through this deal? I feel like both might be cheaper soon. Afterall, P2 is already down to 45-50 new. Thoughts?

I was going to jump on this on sunday, but store was out of stock till today. And now i need convincing.

[quote name='affa']do you guys think it's even worth it to get Prototype 2 and Darksiders 2 through this deal? I feel like both might be cheaper soon. Afterall, P2 is already down to 45-50 new. Thoughts?

I was going to jump on this on sunday, but store was out of stock till today. And now i need convincing.[/QUOTE]
Why the hell would you buy P2 with this deal. Unless you don't have a BBY near you.

[quote name='affa']do you guys think it's even worth it to get Prototype 2 and Darksiders 2 through this deal? I feel like both might be cheaper soon. Afterall, P2 is already down to 45-50 new. Thoughts?

I was going to jump on this on sunday, but store was out of stock till today. And now i need convincing.[/QUOTE]

See my comment just above yours to hear my thoughts on Darksiders 2. I really doubt it's going to drop anytime soon. It hasn't even been out a month and has been getting GREAT reviews from everywhere. As for Prototype 2 that one could drop but if it does it'll be $30-40. I don't see it being $20 anytime soon.

EDIT: I stand corrected, it's $20 elsewhere right now. So it's up to you.

No sense paying $30 for Prototype 2 when it's already $20 with this month's @Gamer coupon.

[quote name='PDDollars']PM'd at Best Buy with the last copy of Sleeping Dogs with BB DLC and NCAA 13, awesome deal![/QUOTE]

There's BB DLC w/ Sleeping Dogs? I just PM'd and got a regular one o_O

[quote name='Zolor23']There's BB DLC w/ Sleeping Dogs? I just PM'd and got a regular one o_O[/QUOTE]

Yeah a George St. Pierre (GSP) Pack, gives you some MMA stuff

[quote name='PDDollars']Yeah a George St. Pierre (GSP) Pack, gives you some MMA stuff[/QUOTE]

Oh, not too special. I'll just stick with this.

I also got a Darksiders 2 BB Limited Edition. Could I sell it for possibly 45 and where?

[quote name='PDDollars']PM'd at Best Buy with the last copy of Sleeping Dogs with BB DLC and NCAA 13, awesome deal![/QUOTE]

watch out for the ncaa 13 freeze /glitches.

[quote name='TooPoor']Why the hell would you buy P2 with this deal. Unless you don't have a BBY near you.[/QUOTE]

it's 20 at best buy right now? man. (i assume that's what bby means?)

[quote name='TooPoor']Why the hell would you buy P2 with this deal. Unless you don't have a BBY near you.[/QUOTE]

mostly because i already beat Sleeping Dogs and i have no interest in sports games.

Of the list:

Amazing Spiderman - no interest
Arkham City - played it, didn't like it as much as AA
Battlefield 3 - played it
Darksiders 2 - want it
Mass Effect 3 - played it
Max Payne 3 - played it
Modern Warfare 3 - can get a used copy cheaper
NCAA Football 13 - no interest
Prototype 2 - want it
Sleeping Dogs - played it

so really, the only games that work for me (because I do want Darksiders 2) was prototype.

but now... i don't really know what to do.

i don't have a bb gamer's coupon.

[quote name='affa']mostly because i already beat Sleeping Dogs and i have no interest in sports games.

Of the list:

Darksiders 2 - want it
Max Payne 3 - played it
Prototype 2 - want it

so really, the only games that work for me (because I do want Darksiders 2) was prototype.

i don't have a bb gamer's coupon.[/QUOTE]

you can just go into bestbuy store and pay $5 for the gamers coupon, if you wish, or return the other game you didn't want, which you bought from the tru 2 for $60 deals to toys'r us if you have not open it for $30 + refund

[quote name='YBX87']you can just go into bestbuy store and pay $5 for the gamers coupon, if you wish, or return the other game you didn't want, which you bought from the tru 2 for $60 deals to toys'r us if you have not open it for $30 + refund[/QUOTE]

so $5 for the coupon, meaning $25 for prototype 2? maybe i'll do that.

was planning on pricematching this at bb anyway, lol.

they wouldn't let me price match AND use the coupon, right? i'm sure the answer is no. though this doesn't really get me Darksiders 2, which was the whole reason i was going to pay $30 for prototype. darn.

[quote name='affa']so $5 for the coupon, meaning $25 for prototype 2? maybe i'll do that.

they wouldn't let me price match AND use the coupon, right? i'm sure the answer is no. though this doesn't really get me Darksiders 2, which was the whole reason i was going to pay $30 for prototype. darn.[/QUOTE]

yes, that is correct, or you can pay $15 gamers unlocked subscription, which gets you the monthly issue for free, and also rewardzone game offers, like witcher 2 , max payne 3, which is the offer for this week. the $5 coupon is in the magazine, so are you basically payin for the magazine with the coupon inside.

[quote name='affa']so $5 for the coupon, meaning $25 for prototype 2? maybe i'll do that.

they wouldn't let me price match AND use the coupon, right? i'm sure the answer is no. though this doesn't really get me Darksiders 2, which was the whole reason i was going to pay $30 for prototype. darn.[/QUOTE]
You my friend, is missing out on some awesome deals and benefit by not signing up to GCU. This month's coupon gives you $20 P2 or $30 P2 CE and $10 :ps3:BF3.

I am amazed at all the people that got BB to price match. Seems like I was the only one to get turned down...twice actually. Both stores told me that its a bundle and their price match policy doesn't cover bundle deals once matching an actual price on one item which I think is a bunch of BS it turned out ok in the end because I got wal-mart to do it no problem but I don't know what is up with these two idiot stores when everyone else is doing it.

After driving to two different toys r uses, a walmart, target, and best buy. I finally got to a different walmart that actually price matched the deal. I picked up Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders II.

Got shot down because of the whole "we don't PM bundles." Sucks because this store used to be great at PM but the cool gaming rep no longer works there :(

Any PA CAG's near King of Prussia area

King of Prussia Mall BB will not only match the 2 for $60 but they'll also allow you to pick any 2 games(YMMV based on your total purchase amount).
This BB is VERY VERY GOOD when it comes to prices matches & the YMMV will go out the door 9 times outta 10 based soley on how much you will spend. Len is the main manager he'll work with you vs TRU. Make sure you give good feedback on the receipts they will remember/notice so this is your way in to build a relationship. Simply tell them you were going to spend _____ @ TRU or even costco & they will work with you.

They will ring it up on seperate receipts for each set & 1 game will be charged $0.01.

Max Payne 3 + Amazing spiderman
Dragon's Dogma + Ghost Recon Future soldier
Sleeping Dogs + lego Batman 2(they charged $60 not $50...last sale they missed it)
Skyrim + Spec Ops the line
Darksiders 2 + Transformers fall of Cybertron(Had to get the 360 versions but I'll exchange for PS3 @ another store)

Will get Persona 4 + Placeholder game for TTT2 when I exchange darksiders & transformers later today(this however is YMMV but based on the amount of shopping I do @ my local BB they'll make the exception.

[quote name='aircobra']Got shot down because of the whole "we don't PM bundles." Sucks because this store used to be great at PM but the cool gaming rep no longer works there :([/QUOTE]

My BB manager said they can price match it no problem because the list of games is specific in the ad. If it was just 'any 2 for 60', he'd have had to say no. YMMV, of course, but that's what I was told.

my local toys r us never had any of these games in stock for the sale and refuse to give rainchecks. My local BB will not price match because TRU is out of stock of the games.

[quote name='affa']mostly because i already beat Sleeping Dogs and i have no interest in sports games.

Of the list:

Darksiders 2 - want it
Max Payne 3 - played it
Prototype 2 - want it

i don't have a bb gamer's coupon.[/QUOTE]

......or
Get Darksiders & NCAA 13 for $60 from TRU
Trade in NCAA at Best Buy for $36
Use that gift card on a Gamers Club Subscription and a copy of Prototype 2.

I'm actually liking Prototype 2 so far. I wasn't so sure about it at first, but I enjoy games where I can move through the story without dieing over and over.
I'm not the kind of player who needs a challenge, and plays everything on the hardest difficulty, I like to keep moving and progress through the campaign.

Darksiders II on the other hand, got me frustrated a couple of times early on, and I said forget it and traded it in already. I admittedly didn't give it much of a chance, but I had no interest in putting any more time into it.

[quote name='Ginger Junk']So did anyone's Toys R Us online order ship? Mine is still back ordered.[/QUOTE]

My games were also backordered, but they are both available now and Darksiders II shipped yesterday.

[quote name='Ginger Junk']So did anyone's Toys R Us online order ship? Mine is still back ordered.[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped and I received it already. Granted I ordered Max Payne and NCAA.

bread's done
Back