2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ginger Junk']Yea, I recently tried to return some games to Wal-Mart without a receipt and they only took 1 of them back. I think I bought the others on Amazon or eBay. They scanned the rest of the games and said they weren't theirs.

I guess they're cracking down.[/QUOTE]

Glad you are comfortable telling the world you commit fraud on a regular basis.

[quote name='Ginger Junk']Yea, I recently tried to return some games to Wal-Mart without a receipt and they only took 1 of them back. I think I bought the others on Amazon or eBay. They scanned the rest of the games and said they weren't theirs.

I guess they're cracking down.[/QUOTE]
This again?

Okay, I'm a bit new to all this price matching stuff. I live in Hawaii and we only have one toysrus. So I know the deal will go fast once they open their doors. I read about people going to Walmart, then buying the games, then when the ad comes out, they price match it and then they get $60 back? Will Walmart do that? Sorry if it seems like such a stupid question, but I'm just new to all this. If they will honor it, then I will do the same. Thanks again

[quote name='TooPoor']This is on SD now, heads up[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you mean the 2 for $60 deal since everyone there already returns stuff bought elsewhere without a receipt to Walmart

[quote name='inky1600']I'm guessing you mean the 2 for $60 deal since everyone there already returns stuff bought elsewhere without a receipt to Walmart[/QUOTE]

No no not just Walmart , target also ;-)

[quote name='Gmmr04']Okay, I'm a bit new to all this price matching stuff. I live in Hawaii and we only have one toysrus. So I know the deal will go fast once they open their doors. I read about people going to Walmart, then buying the games, then when the ad comes out, they price match it and then they get $60 back? Will Walmart do that? Sorry if it seems like such a stupid question, but I'm just new to all this. If they will honor it, then I will do the same. Thanks again[/QUOTE]

I would be hesitant to pm anything at the Walmarts in HI. Bestbuy usually is nicer about pm in my opinion but who knows for sure.

How likely do you think it is that this promotion will also be online? That's what I'm hoping for. Mainly because I'm shooting for the same two that everyone else is so I'd like to get them payed for Sunday to ensure I actually get them. Won't be able to make it to the nearest store until Monday or Tuesday though.

[quote name='wcl']Anyone know if those are the only games ? Or are there going to be more ?[/QUOTE]
Well based on OP's post and Ad posted, this might be it for the deal. I would check online on Sunday morning if the deal goes live on website. They usually have a link promo related games, so you can get a list of all games in the deal.

On topic, I just noticed in the ad you could also get a free Toy R us Anniversary tote bag with the purchase of the games in-store.

I just called Toysrus to have my copies of DS 2 and SD put aside. I'll be picking them up shortly and have them adjust the prices on Sunday. I suggest anyone interested in this deal do the same.

Thanks OP for the early warning about this deal.

anyone ever had TRU deny the price adjustment? I never did it before and am thinking of picking my games up early. Doesn't have to be sealed right to do the adjustment?

"Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3

Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2"

Do you see DS II and SD on that list ?? no? buy something else people!
leave those 2 to meh :D lol

[quote name='TooPoor']Why are you guys prebuying? DS2 and SD are very new games, doesn't TRU keep plenty of those in stock?[/QUOTE]

They received pretty good reviews and are the most recently released. You know what they say about the early birds. Deals like these go very quick so better safe than sorry.

[quote name='ZaPpA_721']They received pretty good reviews and are the most recently released. You know what they say about the early birds. Deals like these go very quick so better safe than sorry.[/QUOTE]
I plan on going Sunday right when they open. Never done price adjustment at TRU don't know if it's always hassle free.

[quote name='TooPoor']I plan on going Sunday right when they open. Never done price adjustment at TRU don't know if it's always hassle free.[/QUOTE]
camp out side TRU on Sat. night dude :applause:

[quote name='Kai984']camp out side TRU on Sat. night dude :applause:[/QUOTE]

I did that when they announced they would be doing Wii pre-orders. Was it worth it?

Nope, even though they were very rare those first few months to find...

[quote name='TooPoor']Why are you guys prebuying? DS2 and SD are very new games, doesn't TRU keep plenty of those in stock?[/QUOTE]

My tru only had one more copy go SD and 2 copies of DS2.

[quote name='g13']My tru only had one more copy go SD and 2 copies of DS2.[/QUOTE]

Did you ask them if they had any in the back? Most TRU by me have stock for popular games.

[quote name='Bumslie']Did you ask them if they had any in the back? Most TRU by me have stock for popular games.[/QUOTE]

Yup. This was based on information he looked up on the computer.

[quote name='g13']My tru only had one more copy go SD and 2 copies of DS2.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='g13']Yup. This was based on information he looked up on the computer.[/QUOTE]
A little dumb of your local TRU to not have hottest new releases in stock.

Well, my TRU had only 1 copy of NCAA 13 for the 360 and 2 for the PS3, so I bought one of each, and will go back on Sunday-whenever I get a chance-and get a price adjustment.
Then take the PS3 copy across the parking lot to Best Buy to trade in.
Hopefully it will still be worth $40 but I'm not counting on it.

My tru had one sleeping dogs and two of ds2. And not at all confident that bb will pm

No he said the price has to be currently available to be pricematched. I looked online they don't have next week's ad up yet but they do have a labor day sale ad up but the deal isn't on there...

It depends on the BB manager if you will score a pricematch. I traded in a bunch of games today for $86 the took mlb 10 for $8 lol I got it for $5 i got skyrim for $8 they bought it for $30 and so on. While i was there i showed that screen to the manager and he said he's pricematch no problem but he needs proof that the sale is on now. In which i told him it starts sunday. I just want some peace of mind and hope to see that ad online by tomorrow. I wanna go first thing in the morning to bestbuy because they have limited editions WITH the angel of darkness armor(the code only goes for $30 on ebay). So yeah if anyone finds a physical ad can you get a better shot so the date is included thanks a lot. -Fellow CAG

sleeping dogs is the only game on the list i want, i might just pick up ncca 13, but i heard there was a lot of glitches/bugs for it. i guess i will have to play it to find out. if it is the case, i will just trade it in to bestbuy.

Buy 2 games sell one to a sucker for an easy $45. Or you can get up to $55 if you try hard enough on craigslist. I told an acquaintance I could get him Sleeping dogs sealed for $40 and he wants to buy it. So there you go.

[quote name='Shadowsteal123']Buy 2 games sell one to a sucker for an easy $45. Or you can get up to $55 if you try hard enough on craigslist. I told an acquaintance I could get him Sleeping dogs sealed for $40 and he wants to buy it. So there you go.[/QUOTE]

too much work for me, since i have a busy schedule with work, and school. trading in to bestbuy is much easier. since my local bestbuy are close, and within walking distance.

[quote name='Rumors']My tru had one sleeping dogs and two of ds2. And not at all confident that bb will pm[/QUOTE]

Meh, I just have an empty weekend with everyone gone, which is rare for me.

Best Buy is full of both these games so if most people want to nail this deal a BB PM is ESSENTIAL. Heck there's only 1 darksiders 2 in my Toysrus and about 15 at my BB they even have a few angel of death limited editionswhich im planning to snag ;)

[quote name='plus1zero']2 copies of SD and 2 of DS2, I picked up 1 of each for 360, guy said it was all good to do the PM'ing.[/QUOTE]

Im Pre Buying my SD and DS2 tomorrow then and PM sunday..... AHHH YEAAHHH

How are yall gonna PM at BB without an ad? or how do u PM without an ad? or is it even possible to pm without an ad lol

[quote name='TooPoor']A little dumb of your local TRU to not have hottest new releases in stock.[/QUOTE]
This has nothing to do with any local store. TRU doesn't put in orders for things. Someone higher up than store level decides what is sent to the store.

[quote name='Gertle627']This has nothing to do with any local store. TRU doesn't put in orders for things. Someone higher up than store level decides what is sent to the store.[/QUOTE]
Seriously? I never knew that, but isn't that counter productive?

bread's done
Back