2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TooPoor']Quick question, appreciate it:

Is the BBY version cosmetically different than the standard version, or is it just a extra piece of code inside the case? What about the SKU? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It has a lenticular slipcover with a different SKU.

[quote name='TooPoor']Quick question, appreciate it:

Is the BBY version cosmetically different than the standard version, or is it just a extra piece of code inside the case? What about the SKU? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
The BBY version comes with comic book, paper sleeve(sealed by plastic), and the code. The SKU might be the same as the standard version, but the UPC barcode is different.

Uhm Its the same as the "regular" limited edition but with a large sticker on the plastic stating it includes the Angel of Death armor. The Sku's should be exactly the same as in between the preorder limited editions and the regular limited editions. One clue is that there's only one listing for the limited edition on the website.

[quote name='dino88']It has a lenticular slipcover with a different SKU.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='usagi']The BBY version comes with comic book, paper sleeve(sealed by plastic), and the code. The SKU might be the same as the standard version, but the UPC barcode is different.[/QUOTE]
Much appreciated.

[quote name='usagi']The BBY version comes with comic book, paper sleeve(sealed by plastic), and the code. The SKU might be the same as the standard version, but the UPC barcode is different.[/QUOTE]

Actually the cover is a 3d cover.... xbox360 version that is

[quote name='Shadowsteal123']Uhm Its the same as the "regular" limited edition but with a large sticker on the plastic stating it includes the Angel of Death armor. The Sku's should be exactly the same as in between the preorder limited editions and the regular limited editions. One clue is that there's only one listing for the limited edition on the website.[/QUOTE]

There's only one listing because the BB exclusive was only sold online as a pre-order. They removed the listing after the game was released.

[quote name='Gscept']Just take a screenshot email it to urself and walk up to the manager and vuala!!! or take a picture with your phone. It all depends on the store manager. If he's an A**Hole they wont PM[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling I'm going to have shit luck with this deal

[quote name='Shadowsteal123']Uhm Its the same as the "regular" limited edition but with a large sticker on the plastic stating it includes the Angel of Death armor. The Sku's should be exactly the same as in between the preorder limited editions and the regular limited editions. One clue is that there's only one listing for the limited edition on the website.[/QUOTE]
Does BB even carry regular Limited Edition? or they're all with stickers edition?

[quote name='Jdudley']I have a feeling I'm going to have shit luck with this deal[/QUOTE]
we're on the same boat buddy ;)

[quote name='Jdudley']I have a feeling I'm going to have shit luck with this deal[/QUOTE]

Just smooth talk the crap out of them.... Say "Hey I just came from TRU and took a picture of this ad and I would so much rather buy these games here at BB since I ALWAYS buy my games here, Could you guys PM this deal?" and it should work bro if not try another BB

If any one wants to check if both versions of the LE are the same, just have both scanned and look at the SKU on the register. Both will probably match.

My store got in a whole new batch of BB limited editions for both systems. They had about 1-3 the other day and tonight they had 8 or so for each system.

Just to keep us on-point, I want to make sure the prices haven't gone live on the website for anyone yet.

I'm assuming there will be some sort of markdown visible before checkout (?).

Is this time zone related? Should the website update once it's officially September 2nd everywhere in the US?

I don't know how TRU usually does things like this. Anyone more experienced have an idea?

[quote name='WittyNickname']Is this time zone related? Should the website update once it's officially September 2nd everywhere in the US?

I don't know how TRU usually does things like this. Anyone more experienced have an idea?[/QUOTE]

I was hoping it would update whenever the time zone their HQ is in would reach midnight (I know Best Buy does this pretty much), but their HQ is on the east coast (New Jersey) and it hasn't been updated yet. I'm thinking it will update at 3am EST, but I'm not entirely sure.

i am not even going to try it with darksiders 2 as one of the games, when i try to get the pricematch tomorrow. because my store only has limited edition of the game. they will never let it fly, and let me walk out the store with it. since the ad does not show limited edition of darksiders 2

The SKU is different. When I went to pickup a .com order, CS showed me how their BB version had a different SKU than the vanilla LE.

[quote name='YBX87']i am not even going to try it with darksiders 2 as one of the games, when i try to get the pricematch tomorrow. because my store only has limited edition of the game. they will never let it fly, and let me walk out the store with it. since the ad does not show limited edition of darksiders 2[/QUOTE]

The DS2 shown in the picture IS the limited edition.

NCAA is still listed at $20 so with the 100% and the extra 10% if you're an GCU member, you'll get $42 in credit. The toys r us next to me opens at 10 and best buy at 11 so i'll have time to get from one to the other. I'll check the trade in price before I leave but im guessing that it will stay at $20 because its selling and still a hot title for them.

[quote name='dan77733']NCAA is still listed at $20 so with the 100% and the extra 10% if you're an GCU member, you'll get $42 in credit. The toys r us next to me opens at 10 and best buy at 11 so i'll have time to get from one to the other. I'll check the trade in price before I leave but im guessing that it will stay at $20 because its selling and still a hot title for them.[/QUOTE]
can you please explain?

how do you get 100% more trade in?

$42 trade in for NCAA 13? I checked and it still says $18. And can you buy it cheap anywhere and flip it?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...sc&sc=gameToySP&newsearch=newsearch&platform=

Oh, I see you posted the link before I posted.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Pr...at272800050038

is there anything to flip? was about to trade in Skyrim until I noticed that it is only for the 360 version. Wow, more trolling on PS3 owners of Skyrim. PS3 owners often get shafted.

[quote name='soundcell']can you please explain?

how do you get 100% more trade in?

$42 trade in for NCAA 13? I checked and it still says $18. And can you buy it cheap anywhere and flip it?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...sc&sc=gameToySP&newsearch=newsearch&platform=[/QUOTE]

Best Buy is currently holding a 100% extra trade in for games this week so since its listed at $18 value you'll get $36 instead. You have to be a games club unlocked member to get the extra 10% trade in value.

[quote name='dvgamer']Best Buy is currently holding a 100% extra trade in for games this week so since its listed at $18 value you'll get $36 instead. You have to be a games club unlocked member to get the extra 10% trade in value.[/QUOTE]
thanks, and i edited my last post.

so, only on the games listed I assume. :(

nothing to flip?

i stopped in best buy tonight to ask of they will price match for me and the guy at the game counter said no problem so pretty cool i can use my credit now...

[quote name='dvgamer']its on all games. they just like to have a separate list for "hot" games.[/QUOTE]
Oh really?

So, I trade in Skyrim PS3 for $32, and I get 10%, the 10 is probably for before the 100%, and then I can get BB to price match TRU and get Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs for like $26 + Skyrim? Is that correct?

and thanks

I feel like taking in my copies of Modern Warfare 3 and NCAA 13 to BB and picking them up again, but I'm not too sure it's worth the 5 bucks I would make after tax. Plus, maybe I'll get unlucky and they won't PM... Oh well, I just hope they do the PM because I really want Darksiders and Sleeping Dogs, I've been dying to sink my teeth in them. I wanted to get them at launch, but I'm kinda glad I didn't. lol If BB doesn't PM, I'll likely make the trip to TRU anyways.

It's not working. I put in Max Payne 3 and Amazing Spiderman and it's not working. I put in Sleeping Dogs and Amazing Spiderman and still not working. I tried putting Spiderman, Sleeping Dogs, Max Payne 3 and Darksiders 2 (not that I want to buy all of them) and it's still showing full price for all of them. What the hell?

Why does TRU never seem have store pickup as an option even for something as new as Sleeping Dogs? This is, by far, one of the worst websites from a major B&M retailer.

[quote name='darkmatter00']I haven't tried it, but the price change may not happen until you complete the order and checkout.[/QUOTE]

I'm at the billing options and the price has yet to reflect the sale. :cry:

Well guess I'll be there at 10am hopeing no one read a paper yet since they onle have 2 copies of Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs

Anyone think there's a chance of the games selling out online in 5 hours like the BB Blow Out sale? I'm trying to decide whether I should just order them online now or try my luck at getting them in store (even after I call to see if they have any in stock it's about a 50 minute drive to the nearest TRU) with online being a second resort. I've heard their shipping is infamously slow.

bread's done
Back