2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped in on my way to work at the Eatotown NJ store 30 minutes after the store opened. Got the only copy of Darksiders 2 and one of the two copies they had for Sleeping Dogs (both 360). The clerk said they had no more available in the system because one of the boxes was smashed and sounds like a baby rattle.

Its a great deal for those who can get it, but TRU never seems to have adequate stock on deals like this. Its quite suspicious. Having no stock available within the first 30 minutes of a week long sale seems dubious at best.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']To my fellow NYC CAGers.

There was one copy of Darksiders 2 at the Queens/Long Island City TRU along Northern BLDV. Doubt it's there now.

I got there at 10:02 am. Walked in and saw somebody grabbing up on the deal. Wonder if it was a CAGer? I believe he grabbed D2 and SD. Anyhoo, I grabbed the last copy of SD and 1 of the last 2 of D2. Great deal, happy I got there when the store opened.

PS. The Darksiders 2 copy that I grabbed at TRU was the limited edition with the free DLC packs.[/QUOTE]

Welp, that saves me a trip :cry:. Thanks for the heads up, guess I'll try and PM BB later.

anybody knows if BB carry Darksiders II regular limited edition at all ? or are they all with the stickers on it ?

Since I got my local BB to PM this deal I was thinking of returning the PS3 DS2/Sleeping Dogs I got from the TRU near Flushing Queens, White Stone area. If any nearby CAG wants it, PM me and we can meet up later today.

[quote name='Kai984']anybody knows if BB carry Darksiders II regular limited edition at all ? or are they all with the stickers on it ?[/QUOTE]

Most BBs carry the limited edition, but they also have another version that has a dvd slipcover which has the additional Angel of Death DLC armor.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']Damn it:wall:
I was going to past by queens later today. Thanks for the heads up TheOpusFuller.

On staten island. There were 3 :ps3: copies on stock for amazing spider man & :5-6 :ps3: copies of sleeping dog.[/QUOTE]

I should have been more detailed.

There were no copies of Sleeping Dog for PS3 and only 1 copy of Darksiders II for PS3 as of this morning at opening.

So if you're looking for X360 versions I'm not really sure. I should have checked to give fellow NY CAGers a heads up. If you're looking for a PS3 version of Darksiders II, definitely call ahead of time. They still might have that 1 copy left but I highly doubt it but you never know.

It's funny, I don't really see there being too many CAGers in NYC. I usually see about maybe 6 NYC peeps post on these forums. Everybody else in Queens/NYC is probably either collecting plastic bottles from trash cans on the side of the road to recycle and make pennies or doing laundry 24/7 because they have 20 kids. So you may be in luck if you call!

Managed to get the last copy of Darksiders 2 for PS3 and a copy of Prototype 2 for PS3 at the Falls Church, VA TRU. Gonna dig into these for the remainder of the Labor Day weekend :)

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']I should have been more detailed.

There were no copies of Sleeping Dog for PS3 and only 1 copy of Darksiders II for PS3 as of this morning at opening.

So if you're looking for X360 versions I'm not really sure. I should have checked to give fellow NY CAGers a heads up. If you're looking for a PS3 version of Darksiders II, definitely call ahead of time. They still might have that 1 copy left but I highly doubt it but you never know.

It's funny, I don't really see there being too many CAGers in NYC. I usually see about maybe 6 NYC peeps post on these forums. Everybody else in Queens/NYC is probably either collecting plastic bottles from trash cans on the side of the road to recycle and make pennies or doing laundry 24/7 because they have 20 kids. So you may be in luck if you call![/QUOTE]

there are alot more nyc sder tho, if you actually read the sd forums

[quote name='kellte2']With all these BB pms, now I'm thinking of trying that for the RZ points...decisions...[/QUOTE]

your best bet is to try pming at bestbuy, if you cannot find it at tru

Unfortunately I'm in Bar Harbor, ME enjoying the weekend and stuffing my face with lobster.

Once I get back to NYC I will go on the hunt. Sounds pretty grim judging from the posts by you guys.

TRU in Schaumburg is out of both sleeping dogs and darksiders 2 for both ps3 and 360. I got sleeping dogs for 360 and darksiders for pS3. I then went to Walmart and exchanged my Ps3 version for an 360 copy. They had no copies of darksiders for 360 two for Ps3. Two copies of Sleeping Dogs for 360 and two for PS3. All copies sold when I was there. Typical TRU.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Unfortunately I'm in Bar Harbor, ME enjoying the weekend and stuffing my face with lobster.

Once I get back to NYC I will go on the hunt. Sounds pretty grim judging from the posts by you guys.[/QUOTE]

if you really interested in the deal, you should pm ZaPpA_721 , he might have some of the games you are looking for

[quote name='ZaPpA_721']Most BBs carry the limited edition, but they also have another version that has a dvd slipcover which has the additional Angel of Death DLC armor.[/QUOTE]

Which BB in Queens price matched it for you because the 3 I went to in Brooklyn wouldn't budge?

By the way the TRU by Kings Plaza has plenty of Darksiders 2 for both systems. No Sleeping Dogs left for PS3 as I got the last copy but at least 5 for 360. No Max Payne 3's for PS3 in stock as well.

[quote name='boogie4114']Which BB in Queens price matched it for you because the 3 I went to in Brooklyn wouldn't budge?

By the way the TRU by Kings Plaza has plenty of Darksiders 2 for both systems. No Sleeping Dogs left for PS3 as I got the last copy but at least 5 for 360. No Max Payne 3's for PS3 in stock as well.[/QUOTE]

he said he was originally denied by the employee, but he didn't budge, and insisted on speaking to the manager, and finally got his pricematch. it is still ymmv, because by bestbuy policy, they do not pricematch bundle deals like buy one get on free, or buy 2 for $60. if you really want this deal, you are going to have to do some walking around to diff bestbuy

[quote name='boogie4114']Which BB in Queens price matched it for you because the 3 I went to in Brooklyn wouldn't budge?

By the way the TRU by Kings Plaza has plenty of Darksiders 2 for both systems. No Sleeping Dogs left for PS3 as I got the last copy but at least 5 for 360. No Max Payne 3's for PS3 in stock as well.[/QUOTE]

It was the BB near Main St, Flushing Queens. In the mall with the Target and BJs. But like YBX87 said its YMMV and i just got lucky.

Does TRU carry the Darksiders regular Limited Edition? More importantly though does it have the same UPC as a regular copy?

[quote name='Cheska19']Does TRU carry the Darksiders regular Limited Edition? More importantly though does it have the same UPC as a regular copy?[/QUOTE]

They do carry the regular limited edition, yes. I don't know about the SKU, but it does in fact have the holofoil LE, I picked mine up there.

Don't waste your time and gas f*cking with TRU. El Hoardo destroyed this sale within seconds. PM or forget about it. Just know you're own borrowed time taking that route as well because the store I went to only had two copies of SD for 360 left. It took me an hour total because I had to buy a Sunday paper for the ad, but it was worth it to snag Max Payne and Sleeping Dogs for $60 and tax.

that sucks guys. Mine was easy, asked if they matched 2 for $60. Game guy paged sales manager guy who said as long as we saw the sale was real no problem. Guy checked toys r us website so I didnt even need the ad.

Went to a TRU in Coral Springs, FL and they didn't have SD or DS2. They called a TRU in Boca Raton, FL to reserve me their last copy of SD, but by the time I got there (15 mins) they forgot to hold it and sold it to someone else.

Ended up going to the Best Buy across the street and got both games for $60 without much of a hassle with the physical ad from the newspaper.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but whats this exclusive Darksiders 2 version at Best buy? I went there and price matched TRU...the copy of Darksiders I got from them says Limitied Edition and it comes with some DLC for the Argus Tomb, but I believe thats it. Am I missing something?

[quote name='Rollobobo']Sorry if this has been asked before, but whats this exclusive Darksiders 2 version at Best buy? I went there and price matched TRU...the copy of Darksiders I got from them says Limitied Edition and it comes with some DLC for the Argus Tomb, but I believe thats it. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

The other version had a slipcover and additional DLC, Angel of Death pack which is new armor and scythe weapon for in game use I believe.

Got deal price matched at Wal-Mart, no issues. Got SD and NCAA13 for 360, tons of copies of all games. For anyone still wondering or if it has not been answered, Wal-Mart Exclusive box on front cover of SD is printed on the cover, not a sticker.

[quote name='Cheska19']Does TRU carry the Darksiders regular Limited Edition? More importantly though does it have the same UPC as a regular copy?[/QUOTE]

My copy from tru says Limited Edition, has a holofoil cover with a sign in the upper left corner that mentions free dlc Arguls Tomb.

UPC is: 7 52919 55382 4

[quote name='ZaPpA_721']The other version had a slipcover and additional DLC, Angel of Death which is new armor and scythe weapon I believe.[/QUOTE]

Damn...really!?! I only saw a few copies of the one I got. Was that like a special pre-order edition or something or was it like first run copies at Best Buy?

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']I should have been more detailed.

It's funny, I don't really see there being too many CAGers in NYC. I usually see about maybe 6 NYC peeps post on these forums. Everybody else in Queens/NYC is probably either collecting plastic bottles from trash cans on the side of the road to recycle and make pennies or doing laundry 24/7 because they have 20 kids. So you may be in luck if you call![/QUOTE]

Oh You mean Roosevelt Avenue around corona to 74st. I see that every time i pass by there that area.

[quote name='Haggar']My copy from tru says Limited Edition, has a holofoil cover with a sign in the upper left corner that mentions free dlc Arguls Tomb.

UPC is: 7 52919 55382 4[/QUOTE]

I picked up the same version as you at my local TRU and my UPC is different.

UPC is: 7 52919 99352 1

[quote name='Rollobobo']Damn...really!?! I only saw a few copies of the one I got. Was that like a special pre-order edition or something or was it like first run copies at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

I think it was exclusive if you preordered it from BB. They were probably cancellations so the employees but them back on the shelf.

[quote name='merchie89']that sucks guys. Mine was easy, asked if they matched 2 for $60. Game guy paged sales manager guy who said as long as we saw the sale was real no problem. Guy checked toys r us website so I didnt even need the ad.[/QUOTE]

I just had the same positive experience at my BB in Montrose, OH. In and out in 5 mins. Required a mgr override but no hassle at all. And I ended up with the DS2 with the extras as well. Woo hoo!

I just got back from the Best Buy in Northern Boulevard in Queens and I was successful. The guy was actually looking for a BB Limited edition for me and I got the last one :D
The cover is so cool! http://imgur.com/H2LLu
Then I went to gamestop and sold my broken PS3 controller for $33 and got Ratchet and Clank collection
And I bought the BB games with $64 credit!! SO i spent 1.06 Cash today :)
http://imgur.com/wXqdl

Oh and you guys can use my Picture for a Reference on what the BB Limited Edition looks like

I just pm'd DS 2 and SD at BB near lakeline mall in Austin TX. Brought in the paper ad and had no problems. They had a lot left for both systems.

Just came back from the Flushing BB and was unsuccessful in PMing the bundle. Its really YMMV when it comes to these deals. The employee was looking at me like I designed the ad myself and thought I was making it up. Perhaps a physical ad would work better in this situation. Gonna try the TRU at Whitestone.

[quote name='ZaPpA_721']I think it was exclusive if you preordered it from BB. They were probably cancellations so the employees but them back on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

Ah, gotcha. Thank you for the insight. Much appreciated.

[quote name='shurija']Just came back from the Flushing BB and was unsuccessful in PMing the bundle. Its really YMMV when it comes to these deals. The employee was looking at me like I designed the ad myself and thought I was making it up. Perhaps a physical ad would work better in this situation. Gonna try the TRU at Whitestone.[/QUOTE]

Purchase the Sunday paper. The ad is in there.

[quote name='Shadowsteal123']I just got back from the Best Buy in Northern Boulevard in Queens and I was successful. The guy was actually looking for a BB Limited edition for me and I got the last one :D
The cover is so cool! http://imgur.com/H2LLu
Then I went to gamestop and sold my broken PS3 controller for $33 and got Ratchet and Clank collection
And I bought the BB games with $64 credit!! SO i spent 1.06 Cash today :)
http://imgur.com/wXqdl

Oh and you guys can use my Picture for a Reference on what the BB Limited Edition looks like[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I'm going to try my luck at the same BB later. Hopefully they won't sell out.

I have not even played Darksiders 1 yet (sitting on shelf) yet I am so tempted to try a PM at BBY right now. I need helpppppppp!!!!

Went to my local TRU around 11:15am and it took about 20 minutes to get an associate over to the games section but I managed to pick up Darksiders II and Sleeping Dogs for the 360. The store had about 5 copies for each game for the 360 but only one copy of Sleeping Dogs for the PS3. Glad I decided to stick with the 360 choice.

Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders for me. Flipping Darksiders 2 to Amazon for $36. Not too bad

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']Purchase the Sunday paper. The ad is in there.[/QUOTE]

what sunday paper are you talking about?

I got a PM at my BB for Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs (both with the bonus DLC) with relative ease. I told them that I called their toll-free number about it before I left and that they said it was up to the store, but as long as it's not a percentage-off deal or a gift card bonus they usually do it but if they didn't I could call back and do it over the phone (that conversation never actually happened of course). They did call to verify that it was in stock at TRU so I guess in that regards I was fortunate.

Pricematching at BB with physical ad is definitely ymmv, I got denied at first Best Buy I tried and got lucky as the second one I tried at. They said they don't pricematch bundles, but they gave a one time exception on a purchase I made a few weeks ago. After checking my receipt at home I just noticed they charged me for a 2 for $50 price, so lucked out twice.

Noting the stock it seemed Sleeping Dogs is the game that is either sold out or low in-stock at ToysRus. Hopefully everyone who missed out on the deal can get it later this week if the weekly delivery has the games.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']-The Daily News
-The New York Post
:roll:if your in NYC[/QUOTE]

News.....papers you say ??

Is that a website ?

My local TrU didn't have Darksiders II.

But things worked out for the best as I was able to price match at Best Buy (using TrU ad from newspaper) and got the BBY exclusive version of Darksiders II. :)

I just walked out of BB with DS2 and SD jumped in my car and across the street there is a TRU went in there and got DS2 and SD later on I will go flip them outside of a Gamestop to an unfortunate individual for 45 a piece.... Win,win,win

Didn't have much selection at the Chino Hills location. Got the last :360: Darksiders II on the shelf, and the second to last :ps3: Sleeping Dogs. Guy behind me took the last :ps3: Sleeping Dogs and a :ps3: Darksiders II, though I didn't catch how many of those were left. Ample amounts of NCAA 12 and a few Max Payne 3's if I remember correctly.

Went to Best Buy to pick up some 3ds games and the cashier made an exception and price matched the games Darksiders II/Sleeping Dogs even though they were out of stock at ToysRUs. Suppose the extra footwork was worth the extra Darksiders / Sleeping Dogs DLC.

bread's done
Back