2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any way to be more aggressive when trying to talk an employee in to doing a price match? I'm thinking of trying some different Wal-Marts and Best Buys. I would like to get two games for the price of the one I paid for Sleeping Dogs only. I'm a sucker for limited covers and I'd like to keep my Best Buy SD, but the Wal-Mart one is putrid. :cry: Anyway, I don't want to get turned down on a PM. Tips? I suppose we still have until the end of the week to get it done.

Bought darksiders and sleeping dogs on Thursday and I adjusted today after I got out of work at 330. Got my 64.18 back and it was quick and painless

[quote name='tenike1']Is there any way to be more aggressive when trying to talk an employee in to doing a price match?[/QUOTE]

Threaten them with bodily harm, slash their tires, knock over racks and use a glitter gun. In all seriousness though I have found that being nice and friendly works better then being aggressive when you are trying for a PM.

I went to TRU earlier and picked up Darksiders II and NCAA 13 both on :360: with no issues.

[quote name='tenike1']Is there any way to be more aggressive when trying to talk an employee in to doing a price match? I'm thinking of trying some different Wal-Marts and Best Buys. I would like to get two games for the price of the one I paid for Sleeping Dogs only. I'm a sucker for limited covers and I'd like to keep my Best Buy SD, but the Wal-Mart one is putrid. :cry: Anyway, I don't want to get turned down on a PM. Tips? I suppose we still have until the end of the week to get it done.[/QUOTE]

Say the Walmart in a town nearby said they would PM it, but didn't have both the games you wanted, so you came here instead

[quote name='tenike1']Is there any way to be more aggressive when trying to talk an employee in to doing a price match? I'm thinking of trying some different Wal-Marts and Best Buys. I would like to get two games for the price of the one I paid for Sleeping Dogs only. I'm a sucker for limited covers and I'd like to keep my Best Buy SD, but the Wal-Mart one is putrid. :cry: Anyway, I don't want to get turned down on a PM. Tips? I suppose we still have until the end of the week to get it done.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but this is one of the more pathetic posts I've read.

[quote name='LordVila']Threaten them with bodily harm, slash their tires, knock over racks and use a glitter gun. In all seriousness though I have found that being nice and friendly works better then being aggressive when you are trying for a PM.

I went to TRU earlier and picked up Darksiders II and NCAA 13 both on :360: with no issues.[/QUOTE]

I'm not big on price matching. I tried it, I was very polite and played the clueless guy who has no freakin' idea and got shut down. The girl seems like she would have done it but radio'd in to whoever and they stopped it right there. Perhaps things go more smoothly if the customer seems like they have a lot of experience price matching and the employee doesn't feel like they need to ask the upper management?

Asking if I can price match x and y = big no no? Or just going to an employee and saying I would like to price match x and y is a better strategy? Go for the girls rather than the guys? Yeeep.

[quote name='dan77733']Can someone explain to me why Best Buy would ban someone for trading in three or more copies of the same game?[/QUOTE]
To reduce flipping. Average game users don't have 10 used copies of the same game...

[quote name='tenike1']I'm not big on price matching. I tried it, I was very polite and played the clueless guy who has no freakin' idea and got shut down. The girl seems like she would have done it but radio'd in to whoever and they stopped it right there. Perhaps things go more smoothly if the customer seems like they have a lot of experience price matching and the employee doesn't feel like they need to ask the upper management?

Asking if I can price match x and y = big no no? Or just going to an employee and saying I would like to price match x and y is a better strategy? Go for the girls rather than the guys? Yeeep.[/QUOTE]

when it comes to pricematching these type of deals, it is ymmv. if you really want it, you are going to have to do some work, and keep trying if first you are not sucessful on the first try. whether it be going to different bestbuy stores, or trying alternatives like walmart or target.

[quote name='dan77733']Can someone explain to me why Best Buy would ban someone for trading in three or more copies of the same game?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lilman']To reduce flipping. Average game users don't have 10 used copies of the same game...[/QUOTE]
I think he was being sarcastic? No way a 3 year member doesn't know anything about the flipping scene...

[quote name='TooPoor']I think he was being sarcastic? No way a 3 year member doesn't know anything about the flipping scene...[/QUOTE]

in honest truth, bestbuy does not even need to give a reason for the 3 copies limit.

[quote name='YBX87']in honest truth, bestbuy does not even need to give a reason for the 3 copies limit.[/QUOTE]
Of course they don't have to. It's their business they can do whatever they want. My store actually has the 1 title regardless of platform limit.

[quote name='jcmeadows']Showed up at they toysrus in Greensboro, NC as soon as they opens this morning. Got the only copy of Sleeping Dog and one of the 2 copies of Darksiders they had. Both on the 360[/QUOTE]

By chance, did you notice if there were any copies of Sleeping Dogs for PS3? I was gonna go a little while ago, but this weird downpour-while-sunny-out deterred me.

Hello fellow CAG's. Long post.....I don't normally post on CAG so please forgive me for the long post. I was able to get Fry's Electronics close by me at Thunderbird Rd. in Phoenix. AZ to PM the TRU ad for DSII and Sleeping Dogs for $60. This may be YMMV because I already had a PC power supply in hand that I was buying at the store and also brought in the TRU print ad that I got in the mail showing the sale price of 2 for $60. I went over to the video game sales rep at the store with the PC power supply already in hand and said that I was on my way to BB to price match the TRU ad but thought that since I was already buying something else at their store I would see if they would ad match with TRU. The sales rep said no problem at first but then said he would have to OK it with store management. I told him I would come back in a few minutes as I shopped for something else not wanting to put a lot of pressure on him. When I came back he said that although the manager said that they normally don't match "combo" sale prices he would OK it this time....SCORE. The problem that arose is that both copies of Sleeping Dogs they had left for the 360 had issues with the disc loose in the case and they had no PS3 copies left of the game. The sales rep did assure me that I had 30 days to return the disc if defective for a replacement. So...I ended up getting my PC power supply at Fry's Electronics for ten dollars less than Newegg online and PM'd DS II and Sleeping Dogs for the 360 although I will probably take back Sleeping Dogs and exchange it as it does have a few blemishes from being loose in the case. I will have to start trying to PM at Fry's more often !!

Picked up Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs PS3 from TRU tonight. They were out of everything but I called this morning as soon as they opened and the guy was nice enough to hold both games for me. Didn't have to worry about getting there early or having to PM at other places.

Went to TRU this morning and they were all out of Sleeping Dogs :ps3: so I picked up a Sunday circular and went to Best Buy and they were able to pricematch the 2 for $60 deal. Picked up Sleeping Dogs :ps3: and Max Payne :ps3: :).

[quote name='lochdoun']Actually you are wrong.
In fact, you couldn't be more wrong.

I'd even go so far as to say that this is one of the dumbest attempts at trolling that I have ever read on this site.

Nice try though. You must be 12; good for you! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Do you want to elaborate on your math?

Originally Posted by lochdoun
Bought Sleeping Dogs and NCAA.
Flipped NCAA to BB for about $40 in credit.
Bought Prototype 2 Radnet Edition for $20 after coupon.
Got about $20 left on my gift card. :]

Or do you live in some bizarro land where the TIV for NCAA 13 is higher then the rest of the country.

Also I'd just like to point out that you must not know what "trolling" means.

[quote name='Rumors']Bought darksiders and sleeping dogs on Thursday and I adjusted today after I got out of work at 330. Got my 64.18 back and it was quick and painless[/QUOTE]

How?

[quote name='cancerman1120']Seems like the only one you are missing anything really good is the Gamestop version. My opinion.[/QUOTE]

That page isn't completely accurate. The BestBuy edition has a lenticular sleeve and comes with a comic book, plus the aforementioned DLC.

[quote name='tenike1']Is there any way to be more aggressive when trying to talk an employee in to doing a price match?[/QUOTE]
My advice for price matching is 1. Bring in the print ad from the other store if possible (looks better than showing the sale price to them on your smart phone) 2. If you have anything else you are buying at the store have it in hand or in your shopping cart 3. I like to use the subtle approach saying that I am on my way to another store that will price match the sale item or items but since I am already buying something else at their store I want to see if they can match what the other store is already willing to do. 4. Last but not least.....Always be as nice as possible to the sales rep, if you piss them off you have most likely lost the battle.

:whee:

i had shockingly great, hassle free success PM'ing @ my San Jose, Santana Row BB using a print out of the flyer from TRU site! I had a newish cashier and a newish young manager, both female, and they didn't seem to care at all. :lol: They didn't call TRU to verify stock, and they didn't check online to verify the sale either. (this one male cashier was like "you should call to make sure it's in store, too" but they were like "who gives a fuck?" :applause:) Anyway, I scored Darksiders II (BB exclusive LE) and the last Sleeping Dogs (both PS3). There were loads of DII for either console and a handful of SD for 360 left.

so awesome! :grouphug:

I ended up getting Darksiders 2 and sleeping dogs both for 360. Did I buy the right versions? (in terms of performance issues etc) I own both systems, just want to make sure I won't run into technical issues.

I was planing on getting sleeping dogs for ps3, but they were sold out so I got it on 360. I only picked up Darksiders 2 for 360 since I already own the first one on 360.

[quote name='admiralvic']CTRL / Command + P?[/QUOTE]
lol. I wouldn't be here asking if I were able to do it that easily.

Something is off with the 'Print page' function on that shoplocal site. Anyone have success with it?

[quote name='tenzor']I ended up getting Darksiders 2 and sleeping dogs both for 360. Did I buy the right versions? (in terms of performance issues etc) I own both systems, just want to make sure I won't run into technical issues.

I was planing on getting sleeping dogs for ps3, but they were sold out so I got it on 360. I only picked up Darksiders 2 for 360 since I already own the first one on 360.[/QUOTE]

I pick up darksiders and sleeping dogs for 360 also been playing sleeping dogs for like 3 hours and I don't see any problems and to add it's a really great game so far.

[quote name='lonestarranger']Can someone scan the relevant page of the TRU ad (page 6) and uplocad it? I can find it here : http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus/default.aspx But unfortunately, not able to print it.. :([/QUOTE]

flash was fucking with my printer when I tried to print it as well, and it was coming out really, really small (only a 1/4 of the page). So what I did was switch to 'dial up' (they have a 'broadband or dial up' option on the site) and then I *right click* > save image as... and printed out the saved image.

[quote name='lonestarranger']lol. I wouldn't be here asking if I were able to do it that easily.

Something is off with the 'Print page' function on that shoplocal site. Anyone have success with it?[/QUOTE]

Thats how I did it earlier today... why don't you print screen, crop and then print?

[quote name='tenzor']I ended up getting Darksiders 2 and sleeping dogs both for 360. Did I buy the right versions? (in terms of performance issues etc) I own both systems, just want to make sure I won't run into technical issues.

I was planing on getting sleeping dogs for ps3, but they were sold out so I got it on 360. I only picked up Darksiders 2 for 360 since I already own the first one on 360.[/QUOTE]

You definitely got the right version of Sleeping Dogs.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sleeping-dogs-face-off

And Darksiders 2 is really close on both platforms, with some higher-resolution textures on PS3 and more lighting effects on 360.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-darksiders-2-face-off

I bought both for 360 myself.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']Oh You mean Roosevelt Avenue around corona to 74st. I see that every time i pass by there that area.[/QUOTE]

Add 1 more to that list :)

[quote name='sirplue']flash was fucking with my printer when I tried to print it as well, and it was coming out really, really small (only a 1/4 of the page). So what I did was switch to 'dial up' (they have a 'broadband or dial up' option on the site) and then I *right click* > save image as... and printed out the saved image.[/QUOTE]

Could I take a Screen shot of it then crop out my computer stuff for when I print it? Also, just curious, someone said they bought their two games, then got "adjusted" and got their $68 ( and change) back, did they buy two games, do 100% trade in credit on one, and keep the other? I would just like some clarification on that, it would be greatly appreciated :)

[quote name='sirplue']flash was fucking with my printer when I tried to print it as well, and it was coming out really, really small (only a 1/4 of the page). So what I did was switch to 'dial up' (they have a 'broadband or dial up' option on the site) and then I *right click* > save image as... and printed out the saved image.[/QUOTE]

Great advice there, bud! Thanks a lot. This is why I lurk @ CAG.

Now off to a store to price-match. :)

does Walmart take printed pages? My paper didnt have the TRU add and I dont want to go all the way there since its kinda far. I have a walmart 1 mile away so its easier for me.

[quote name='lakers2008']does Walmart take printed pages? My paper didnt have the TRU add and I dont want to go all the way there since its kinda far. I have a walmart 1 mile away so its easier for me.[/QUOTE]

yes, some posters already posted that they were able to get walmart to pricematch hassle free

I was able to get the Best Buy in Collierville, TN to price match NCAA 2013, Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders 2, and Max Payne 3 using the 2 for 60 TRUS ad. They have a Toy R US across the street from them.
So using the reward zone certificates I cashed out from the MCR deal I was able to get all 4 games and Madden 2013 for $16.38. It was over $350 before the discounts. I love this site. I still have $65 left in RZ credits. The kid at the counter said that's a receipt worth keeping because it shows I only paid $2.50 each for the TRUS games and $4.99 for Madden 2013.

For those who are wondering. If you have a smart phone then use it for the Ad. You don't have to have a printed ad. If the Best Buy has a Toys R Us near them, they are already prepared and have the discount codes written in a notebook to enter based on the game.

I ended up getting in on this deal at 2 for $50. I picked up a Max Payne/GTA4 combo from Target with a bonus $10 gift card for $37. I traded those in to Bestbuy for the same value and had them pricematch the TRU sale, so yeah $60 for both but I still have the $10 gift card, making it $50, picked up Darksiders & Sleeping Dogs for PS3, now I'm wondering if I could've also gotten the $10 GC from Bestbuy for buying over $50 ?

[quote name='TheodorusMajorus']By chance, did you notice if there were any copies of Sleeping Dogs for PS3? I was gonna go a little while ago, but this weird downpour-while-sunny-out deterred me.[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest I didn't look at the ps3 games. Me and the wife got there about 20mins before they opened so about the time they opened the door 10 people pulled up so I went back and got what I needed and left. Lol

What's bad was the Sleeping Dogs wasn't even in the right place so I thought they were out anyway. No one was heading to the ps3 at that time so I'm not sure

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']now I'm wondering if I could've also gotten the $10 GC from Bestbuy for buying over $50 ?[/QUOTE]

There is no $10 gc for buying over $50. If you mean the $10 you get for doing in-store pickup of over $50, then that deal ended already.

[quote name='CaseX']There is no $10 gc for buying over $50. If you mean the $10 you get for doing in-store pickup of over $50, then that deal ended already.[/QUOTE]

even if the deal has not ended, it would not work, because bestbuy does not pricematch bundle deals. he would had to call bb coporate to get a pricematch.

[quote name='cottonmouth80']I was able to get the Best Buy in Collierville, TN to price match NCAA 2013, Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders 2, and Max Payne 3 using the 2 for 60 TRUS ad. They have a Toy R US across the street from them.
So using the reward zone certificates I cashed out from the MCR deal I was able to get all 4 games and Madden 2013 for $16.38. It was over $350 before the discounts. I love this site. I still have $65 left in RZ credits. The kid at the counter said that's a receipt worth keeping because it shows I only paid $2.50 each for the TRUS games and $4.99 for Madden 2013.

For those who are wondering. If you have a smart phone then use it for the Ad. You don't have to have a printed ad. If the Best Buy has a Toys R Us near them, they are already prepared and have the discount codes written in a notebook to enter based on the game.[/QUOTE]

I am guessing the Gamers RZ yr. subscription is worth it!

Also, just curious, someone said they bought their two games, then got "adjusted" and got their $68 ( and change) back, did they buy two games, do 100% trade in credit on one, and keep the other? I would just like some clarification on that, it would be greatly appreciated :)

[quote name='kaspauf']Could I take a Screen shot of it then crop out my computer stuff for when I print it? Also, just curious, someone said they bought their two games, then got "adjusted" and got their $68 ( and change) back, did they buy two games, do 100% trade in credit on one, and keep the other? I would just like some clarification on that, it would be greatly appreciated :)[/QUOTE]

i dunno... how big is your screen? When you take a screen grab do you have the full page, so that it looks like a legit flyer? It should work, if so. They were reading the fine print, on mine! LOL

as for your second question, I think that person pre-bought (bought the games he wanted yesterday, or something @ full MSRP) and then got the difference refunded. I think, at least.
[quote name='lonestarranger']Great advice there, bud! Thanks a lot. This is why I lurk @ CAG.

Now off to a store to price-match. :)[/QUOTE]
glad I could help! :applause:

[quote name='kaspauf']I am guessing the Gamers RZ yr. subscription is worth it!

Also, just curious, someone said they bought their two games, then got "adjusted" and got their $68 ( and change) back, did they buy two games, do 100% trade in credit on one, and keep the other? I would just like some clarification on that, it would be greatly appreciated :)[/QUOTE]

you are at the wrong forum, try slickdeals

[quote name='YBX87']you are at the wrong forum, try slickdeals[/QUOTE]

With the way CAG is going, he's actually in the right forum...

But to answer the original question, the guy didn't trade in. He just pre-bought and got the price match today.

[quote name='confoosious']With the way CAG is going, he's actually in the right forum...

But to answer the original question, the guy didn't trade in. He just pre-bought and got the price match today.[/QUOTE]

Ok Thank you very much, I was just curious how he got all that money back but it is cause he bought them at full MRSP like you stated which makes sense :) No I wasn't trying to do what you were implying, I was just curious how he did that but nice to know it could work like that since my BB is close by and the TRU is about 25 minutes away but I will be heading that way Friday.

Again thank you for your help, I have been a long time lurker here and just recently made an acct.

Just got tru to adjust the pricing on my copies of ds2 and sd that I purchased on Friday with no problem. Again thanks OP!!!!

What bonuses does the DS II at Gamestop have ? just curious.
Somebody said earlier that its included some side missions or something? my friend ordered from GS but he didn't get anything like that beside the Argul's tome.
NVM i got it.

got bestbuy to price match it so i picked up Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders 2 then picked up the gamer club mag and bought battlefield 3 for $10 after coupoun =) so it was a good day

bread's done
Back