2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
I did it at the Spring, TX Best Buy store no problem. Got Xbox D2 and SD.

I got sleeping dogs and NCAA then took NCAA to Walmart with no recipt and swapped it for Madden 13. Had no problem

I got a copy of sleeping dogs and a copy of max payne 3 both on ps3. Was hoping for darksiders 2 and sleeping dogs though :( if I had known BB would price match I would have definitely gone there to get them. I may go out and try that today then just return my purchase to toys r us

I can't believe the nerve of people talking about flipping and reselling while others are upset about not being able to find any games even at opening some stores.

The report button is my new best friend today and hopefully the staff starts to get rid of these scum.

[quote name='Xenfernox']I got sleeping dogs and NCAA then took NCAA to Walmart with no recipt and swapped it for Madden 13. Had no problem[/QUOTE]

Been here since 2007 and no common sense?

[quote name='Romeo']I can't believe the nerve of people talking about flipping and reselling while others are upset about not being able to find any games even at opening some stores.

The report button is my new best friend today and hopefully the staff starts to get rid of these scum.[/QUOTE]

I guess you do this in most threads, since it happens alot. I also find it hard to believe most people can't get a pm at a different retailer.

[quote name='Xenfernox']I got sleeping dogs and NCAA then took NCAA to Walmart with no recipt and swapped it for Madden 13. Had no problem[/QUOTE]

Ooooo nice one, I'm gonna go do that today..... Slick Rick:hot:

[quote name='Romeo']I can't believe the nerve of people talking about flipping and reselling while others are upset about not being able to find any games even at opening some stores.

The report button is my new best friend today and hopefully the staff starts to get rid of these scum.[/QUOTE]

You should be ashamed of your jealousy.... That means your not a CAG at all you should leave our community and I hope the admins ban you for report abuse

[quote name='Gscept']You should be ashamed of your jealousy.... That means your not a CAG at all you should leave our community and I hope the admins ban you for report abuse[/QUOTE]

Actually, Cheap Ass Gamer was never built around flipping. It was built around getting games for the lowest prices possible.

Take that flipping crap to Slickdeals or Fatwallet where it belongs.

[quote name='Gscept']You should be ashamed of your jealousy.... That means your not a CAG at all you should leave our community and I hope the admins ban you for report abuse[/QUOTE]

Yea, because your not a true CAG unless you buy games to flip :roll:. Please STFU dude, nobody is jealous of your flips.

[quote name='UberGrant']I did it at the Spring, TX Best Buy store no problem. Got Xbox D2 and SD.[/QUOTE]

Successful price match also in Cypress TX, store #1413 :applause:.
Associate had to call to TRU and verify available inventory but manager was very happy to match the offer since he saw I was a RZ unlocked member; he even shook my hand and thanked me for my business.

Got Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs for PS3.

[quote name='Raye']I got really lucky because I was able to PM two copies of Sleeping Dogs at Best Buy. There was only one register and I held up the line because the cashier needed to get a manager override. I then went on to flip one of the copies at Gamestop for $33 and bought Persona 4 Arena. Pretty nice haul. Too bad I couldn't do this on Friday or Saturday morning; would have loved to have had the extra day to play.[/QUOTE]

So when you think of the tax you paid for the game, you flipped it for a few cents. Good job!

It seems like a waste of time to debate the merits of flipping on this board. All it does is derail the threads into bitch fests.

If only the flippers would be content with their take, but no. They feel the need to regale the rest of us with tales of their conquests.

[quote name='kellte2']It seems like a waste of time to debate the merits of flipping on this board. All it does is derail the threads into bitch fests.

If only the flippers would be content with their take, but no. They feel the need to regale the rest of us with tales of their conquests.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I personally don't mind the flippers. What you do with your time and money is none of my business, but I cant stand how they turn almost every deal thread into one big flipping circle jerk.

[quote name='Manifest95']So when you think of the tax you paid for the game, you flipped it for a few cents. Good job![/QUOTE]Actually, if he had more BBY gift card credit than GS credit, then it's like he paid for P4A using the BBY credit.

Otherwise, yeah, he flipped it for a few cents. :whistle2:#

I grabbed 2 DS2s. I WANTED DS2 and Sleeping Dogs, but they were sold out of SD, so I'm hoping I can trade the other DS2 for SD on Craigslist or something...

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I agree, I personally don't mind the flippers. What you do with your time and money is none of my business, but I cant stand how they turn almost every deal thread into one big flipping circle jerk.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. So let's say you're at TRU right at 10am knowing that there are flippers in your area. You're second in line and the doors open. The guy in front of you buys all copies of DS2 and SD, let's say 5 of each. You're standing in rzone waiting for help when the rep tells you "that guy just cleared us out".

You're okay with this?

[quote name='Romeo']Good to know. So let's say you're at TRU right at 10am knowing that there are flippers in your area. You're second in line and the doors open. The guy in front of you buys all copies of DS2 and SD, let's say 5 of each. You're standing in rzone waiting for help when the rep tells you "that guy just cleared us out".

You're okay with this?[/QUOTE]
That's why I guarantee that I was first in line yesterday, two guys behind each got 4 copies. Damn flippers even tried to cut in front of me, like hell that's going to happen.

The flippant answer would be: well, why weren't you first in line?

The problem is that TRU should have a limit. I thought they would. Say, max of 2 per game when deals/promotions are on.

The honest answer is: I empathize with you, and yes it sucks.

[quote name='TooPoor']That's why I guarantee that I was first in line yesterday, two guys behind each got 4 copies. Damn flippers even tried to cut in front of me, like hell that's going to happen.[/QUOTE]

And isn't that sick that you even had to do that, rush there early to get ahead of thieves?

[quote name='CaseX']The flippant answer would be: well, why weren't you first in line?

The problem is that TRU should have a limit. I thought they would. Say, max of 2 per game when deals/promotions are on.

The honest answer is: I empathize with you, and yes it sucks.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. IATCG knows my area, there's a pawn shop owner who clears out all stores within a 30mi radius. Best buy, sears, TRU, all the reps know who they are. I know management pretty well in my area at various stores, and I suggested this numerous times. Unfortunately I was told that technically by the book they can get in trouble for denying such purchases since it isn't against policy officialy. It's sick.

When the second game sale started at best buy last month, with a bunch of $10 games, I was told these scum came in and bought $400 worth of games, asking for every copy in stock (some 10+), then went to another best buy 30mi away to do the same.

[quote name='Romeo']And isn't that sick that you even had to do that, rush there early to get ahead of thieves?
[/QUOTE]
Well, yeah...but it's the world we live in...

[quote name='Romeo']Good to know. So let's say you're at TRU right at 10am knowing that there are flippers in your area. You're second in line and the doors open. The guy in front of you buys all copies of DS2 and SD, let's say 5 of each. You're standing in rzone waiting for help when the rep tells you "that guy just cleared us out".

You're okay with this?[/QUOTE]

There will always be an ahole that abuses the system... I will only flip if necessary. Buying 5 copies of one game is straight greedy. I don't condone this type of flipping but if your gonna buy your 2 for 60 and could flip one of the games towards a preorder, than why not? And what's worst is that most of the aholes abusing the flipping system use a credit card

Dunno how dafuq you guys are getting 'Price Matches' at Best Buy. Was denied at two separate stores today (and phucking Target) because they consider the Toys R Us deal a "bundle", which their price-matching policy specifically states they do not honor.

[quote name='BadBoy787512']Dunno how dafuq you guys are getting 'Price Matches' at Best Buy. Was denied at two separate stores today (and phucking Target) because they consider the Toys R Us deal a "bundle", which their price-matching policy specifically states they do not honor.[/QUOTE]

I can say with full sincerity many times it's all in who you know. Make some friends in retail.

I was able to pricematch at best buy no problem today, Got both the Best buy limited editions also picked up Battlefield for $10 and Prototype 2 Black water edition $20 with the GCU coupons, Total went from $250 to just under $100 and paid with BB credit FTW!

[quote name='Ninjaharley']I was able to pricematch at best buy no problem today, Got both the Best buy limited editions also picked up Battlefield for $10 and Prototype 2 Black water edition $20 with the GCU coupons, Total went from $250 to just under $100 and paid with BB credit FTW![/QUOTE]
What is the black water edition?

[quote name='Ninjaharley']I was able to pricematch at best buy no problem today, Got both the Best buy limited editions also picked up Battlefield for $10 and Prototype 2 Black water edition $20 with the GCU coupons, Total went from $250 to just under $100 and paid with BB credit FTW![/QUOTE]

how'd you get P2 BW edition for $20? isn't it $59.99 and the coupon is $30 off. the regular game is $49.99 so $19.99 after coupon

[quote name='BadBoy787512']Dunno how dafuq you guys are getting 'Price Matches' at Best Buy. Was denied at two separate stores today (and phucking Target) because they consider the Toys R Us deal a "bundle", which their price-matching policy specifically states they do not honor.[/QUOTE]

Yeppppp. I'm really ticked at this point. None of the Wal-Marts or TRU near me even have the freakin' game to begin with. Good thing I called ahead of time or it would have been a tremendous waste of gas. I imagine had I gone and they had the games anyway, I would have been turned down. fuck. :drool:

It's blackwatch collector's edition (not black water).

Did the GCU coupon need an override to apply to the CE or did it go through automatically?

[quote name='GBAstar']It's blackwatch collector's edition (not black water).

Did the GCU coupon need an override to apply to the CE or did it go through automatically?[/QUOTE]
i can confirm it goes through automatically, but the CE comes to 30 not 20 that's why I asked what he meant by black water

[quote name='TooPoor']i can confirm it goes through automatically, but the CE comes to 30 not 20 that's why I asked what he meant by black water[/QUOTE]

I thought about getting that yesterday but passed. Never even played the first.

because my store no longer gives a fuck. managers dont even look at the ad, and just gives the go-ahead.

I was able to grab both Sleeping Dog and Darksiders 2 without an issue PM-ing. I did go to TRU first to attempt to get them there but not surprising they were OOS so I had to jump over to BBY for the PM attempt (which works out so much better)

Best Buy price matched the games. I went to the one on Maryland Parkway in Las Vegas and they had two Sleeping Dogs left for 360 and a bunch of NCAA 13. If you have no luck at the Toys R Us next to it, didn't try there because I had a Best Buy gift card, then the Best Buy has plenty of games. All I had to do was show the ad on my smartphone.

I don't live close to a TRU or a BB, so while in the local Wal-Mart to get groceries, I thought I'd ask the PYT at the Customer Service desk if they would price match. I had no ad, no printout of the website. She was nice enough to call the closest TRU and verify the price (she asked for the full list in case another customer wanted the deal).

I went back to Electronics with the manager that approved the deal (he told me on the way back he was buying some games after work today). The kid back there said they didn't PM B1G1, but I explained the ad did not say that, that it said "2 for $60". He was like "Oh, okay, then". I guess the verbiage of the ad matters.

Bought Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, Spider-Man, and NCAA 13 for Xbox, $120 + tax. Guess it pays to be nice at the store!

Which printed page are you guys showing for those pm at Walmart? I didnt get the ad and dont want to go all the way to the nearest Toys R Us.

[quote name='lakers2008']Which printed page are you guys showing for those pm at Walmart? I didnt get the ad and dont want to go all the way to the nearest Toys R Us.[/QUOTE]

It's right on their website ad if you have a smartphone.

[quote name='lakers2008']Which printed page are you guys showing for those pm at Walmart? I didnt get the ad and dont want to go all the way to the nearest Toys R Us.[/QUOTE]

This one. I believe it'll be the last page. Can't be sure though as I have an actual ad found in the Sunday papers.

Just came back from best buy. Brought toysrus.com on my iPad. Price matched with no problem. Had 0 copies of Sleeping Dogs, so I got 2 copies of Darksiders 2 for the Xbox 360. If anyone wants to trade a Sleeping Dogs for a Darksiders 2, let me know.

If you live in Orange County, CA and looking to PM at Bestbuy, skip the one off lake forest drive if you want sleeping dogs (either platform). Go to the one in Mission Viejo off El Paseo. Take the games to the front. Guy got manager to ok the PM so hopefully it'll be easier for others today. I had to wait a bit while they looked at ad and thought about it. Hope this helps somebody out.

[quote name='TooPoor']i can confirm it goes through automatically, but the CE comes to 30 not 20 that's why I asked what he meant by black water[/QUOTE]

Yea 30 and blackwatch, my mistake, sorry Was typing with a toddler on my lap

Got denied for a BB price match in Allen Park MI. I'm going to try Westland tomorrow. A cute girl was working the video games area though in Allen Park.

did anyone have any luck price matching this deal when the nearest toys r us is 60 miles away from the other stores(bb and walmart)

bread's done
Back