2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
PM'd BB for
Darksiders 2
Sleeping Dogs

also picked up
64GB PNY mem card 39.99
GT5 XL ed. 19.99

used some of my points finally, great deals.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Picked up 2 DSII yesterday. Traded one into GS for enough credit to get Madden 13 w/ the $10 off code. $60 for Madden and DSII, sweet![/QUOTE]

Which game did you trade? and $10 off how?

EDIT: Sorry didn't see (2) DS2. But still curious about the $10 off

Anyone order from BB.com with in store pick up and then call in to BB to get pricematch? Might help those who don't have a TRU to pricematch.

Just got denied a pm at Northen Blvd Bestbuy like others have had success with due to it being a "New Release". Damn this crap sucks because I had ad and everything in hand.

[quote name='Romeo']And isn't that sick that you even had to do that, rush there early to get ahead of thieves?

Absolutely. IATCG knows my area, there's a pawn shop owner who clears out all stores within a 30mi radius. Best buy, sears, TRU, all the reps know who they are. I know management pretty well in my area at various stores, and I suggested this numerous times. Unfortunately I was told that technically by the book they can get in trouble for denying such purchases since it isn't against policy officialy. It's sick.

When the second game sale started at best buy last month, with a bunch of $10 games, I was told these scum came in and bought $400 worth of games, asking for every copy in stock (some 10+), then went to another best buy 30mi away to do the same.[/QUOTE]

If you was a business owner... Would you rather have everything sold or still have some on the shelf. That's what it ultimately boils down to.

I sure as hell wouldn't want it still on my shelf. I understand people like yourself who is an average customer is upset when you didn't get your game, but thats when someone should try to sell you something else.

[quote name='TeamSwish']Got denied for a BB price match in Allen Park MI. I'm going to try Westland tomorrow. A cute girl was working the video games area though in Allen Park.[/QUOTE]

Utica, mi pm'd it for me.

Couldn't get my local store to match it. May try calling to see if they'll do it. Maybe they'll be nice because I'm silver, who knows.

[quote name='BadBoy787512']Dunno how dafuq you guys are getting 'Price Matches' at Best Buy. Was denied at two separate stores today (and phucking Target) because they consider the Toys R Us deal a "bundle", which their price-matching policy specifically states they do not honor.[/QUOTE]

in my case it was pure chance! The hard-ass manager that's usually there when I go (and I'm sure she would have been true to form, had she been there, in this case as well!) wasn't there, and I had a cashier that was young, newish, and didn't really know what to do or care, and neither did the new, young manager that I had. LOL They didn't follow any of the usual gum-up-the-works-of-a-smooth-transaction protocol, and only read over my print-out, and made sure I was buying games pictured (tho, I'm pretty sure I could have slipped Madden 13 in there and they wouldn't have cared! :lol:) before she proceeded to override the register and dial my games down to $29.99 each.

it was all awesomely serendipitous, and I couldn't have been more chuffed when all was said and done!

it's funny, too. Because I wasn't even gonna bother PM'ing @ BB, but just figured I'd give it a shot before traveling further up the street (literally, TRU is up the street from BB) to TRU, and scored! :cry::D:applause:

[quote name='walterdude']If you was a business owner... Would you rather have everything sold or still have some on the shelf. That's what it ultimately boils down to.

I sure as hell wouldn't want it still on my shelf. I understand people like yourself who is an average customer is upset when you didn't get your game, but thats when someone should try to sell you something else.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you're not a business owner.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you're not a business owner.[/QUOTE]

Business owners don't like to sell merchandise? I must not understand how they generate revenue.

[quote name='Blaster man']Business owners don't like to sell merchandise? I must not understand how they generate revenue.[/QUOTE]

They also do promotions to create repeat customers, so if I went to my local Best Buy and the games were always gone that were on sale for 15 minutes, I wouldn't waste my time returning there.

There are other things to consider then just the pure numbers from the sale.

Wow. After all the trouble everyone is having all I can say is I'm glad I put those games on my cart on Toysrus.com days before the sale. I actually got a statement saying SD was on backorder, but at least I'll get it for $30 when they get more in stock (most likely next week way after the sale is over).

Went to best buy in City of Industry and they actually had a lot of copies of sleeping dogs and darksiders 2. At first I showed the ad to a guy working there and said I would have to speak to the guy in charge of the video game department. I showed him the internet ad, and he said there was no way he would price match 2 games for 60 dollars. That he could possibly do a cheaper deal but it wouldn't be close to that, I asked to speak to the manager and he left came back 3 minutes later apologized and said he would price match. So all in all I managed to get Darksiders 2 limited edition + Sleeping dogs + The witcher 2 for 74 dollars not bad.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']They also do promotions to create repeat customers, so if I went to my local Best Buy and the games were always gone that were on sale for 15 minutes, I wouldn't waste my time returning there.

There are other things to consider then just the pure numbers from the sale.[/QUOTE]

These businesses have tons of analysts figuring out how many games to order. If they are not doing their jobs then they can get the customers numbers, reorder, restock, and call them to pick up a copy reserved for them.

Got BB online to match it. I called in and they made a note on my account before i did it. Made the order n when i get both games i will get the pm. I already bought sleeping dogs but CC said i had to order then both to get the PM so i have to return the extra copy after.

[quote name='atc250es']Utica, mi pm'd it for me.[/QUOTE]

Utica is a bit of a drive for me but thanks though.

My mistake is i just dealt with the video games rep. I should of asked to speak to a manager at check out. I showed the games rep the physical TRU. She went on her walkie talkie whatever and asked and she was told no.

Westland MI has been pretty cool with me, if I'm lucky the tall guy with a beard will be there and i think will recognize me, if not I can try Taylor.

Ugh. I tried to have my Best Buy PM the deal, but none of the TRUs in Las Vegas had Darksiders II or Sleeping Dogs in stock. It's alright, as I wouldn't have had time to play them anyways :lol:

Sucks, just went to several toysrus' and no luck. Then finally decided to go to bestbuy and walmart. Bestbuy did not have any in stock of max payne 3 and sleeping dogs. At walmart on the other hand had both and I was stoked to get it, but the manager comes along and takes a good 3 minutes staring at the ad, but she finally says "this is a buy 1 get the 2nd game free, so we don't do this." Wish I just ordered it online -__-

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']They also do promotions to create repeat customers, so if I went to my local Best Buy and the games were always gone that were on sale for 15 minutes, I wouldn't waste my time returning there.

There are other things to consider then just the pure numbers from the sale.[/QUOTE]

I can personally attest to this. I just got back into buying games after about a year, and BB's gaming Blowout 1.0 was the perfect opportunity for me to jump back in. I found most of what I wanted, and was eager to come back to get more games in Blowout 2.0. Had this not been the case, and the shelves bare b/c of hoarding or whatever, I would've have taken my business elsewhere. As it stands I've purchased probably 20 games from BB within the last month and a half. The reps have always been helpful in ordering a game that wasn't in stock, and I'll continue to go back to my local BB for more deals as long as they have what I want.

20120903_203811.jpg

Yes, this happened!

I encourage you to try it

Yes, I added the wrong game to my pic. Oops but NCAA was another haul from yesterday

Well, yesterday I was rejected by A-hole manager at West Oaks Bestbuy in Houston, TX, due to the stupid xbox 360 pictures on DSII & SD not valid to price match the ps3 version. I found some luck at the TRU in the Woodlands, TX during my trip. Picked up the last copy of DSII, and the second till last copy of SD. BestBuy, you don't deserve my money.

[quote name='MariDave']Well, yesterday I was rejected by A-hole manager at West Oaks Bestbuy in Houston, TX, due to the stupid xbox 360 pictures on DSII & SD not valid to price match the ps3 version. I found some luck at the TRU in the Woodlands, TX during my trip. Picked up the last copy of DSII, and the second till last copy of SD. BestBuy, you don't deserve my money.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was denied my Special Edition DSII yesterday by a geek. I just told him to refund it and I did it again today with more than positive success

[quote name='Confidance']
20120903_203811.jpg

Yes, this happened!

I encourage you to try it

Yes, I added the wrong game to my pic. Oops but NCAA was another haul from yesterday[/QUOTE]

Abusing the deal. Just another reason to come brag on CAG!

[quote name='Kulay_Mike']Sucks, just went to several toysrus' and no luck. Then finally decided to go to bestbuy and walmart. Bestbuy did not have any in stock of max payne 3 and sleeping dogs. At walmart on the other hand had both and I was stoked to get it, but the manager comes along and takes a good 3 minutes staring at the ad, but she finally says "this is a buy 1 get the 2nd game free, so we don't do this." Wish I just ordered it online -__-[/QUOTE]

Worked for me, they just made them both $30 at wally world!

[quote name='kellte2']Abusing the deal. Just another reason to come brag on CAG![/QUOTE]

Not bragging at all. I'm saying at least try it. To be honest, it was an accident( long story).

However I wanted all of the games listed so I took my stuff up front, grabbed my cards, and before I knew it I was finished.

Since it happened I said nothing and left.

Don't be salty, it you want to try it then do it.

Shout out to Confoosious because I really had to check myself at the door. I hated leaving with it too but whatever. I will return NCAA 13 more than likely and not hustle Walmart or anyone else.

*And stop it, abuse is what the flippers are doing. I'm actually trading games in that I had used and getting new sealed copies for the collection.* If it makes you feel better I'll take the pic down... just didn't want to hear pics or it didn't happen

Wow sleeping dogs is one hell of a game. I haven't been this captivated by a game in awhile, there's so much to do already and I only just got the achievement for 10% done...

My DS2 (bb limited) is staying sealed for a long time... Maybe until I can find a copy of DS1 for cheap haha :)

[quote name='TeamSwish']Got denied for a BB price match in Allen Park MI. I'm going to try Westland tomorrow. A cute girl was working the video games area though in Allen Park.[/QUOTE]

i went to the utica and hall road bestbuy to get my price match yesterday

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Wow sleeping dogs is one hell of a game. I haven't been this captivated by a game in awhile, there's so much to do already and I only just got the achievement for 10% done...[/QUOTE]Dude, I agree--it's been a long time since I've had this much fun playing an open-world game. It probably helps that I freaking love Chinese action movies (especially the Infernal Affairs trilogy, from which SD takes a lot of influence :applause:).

Was FINALLY able to score myself a couple of copies of Sleeping Dogs (PS3/360--one for myself, and one for a buddy). Basically went back to the same Best Buy I was denied at,
'cept after the bitch-manager's shift was up :). Also, spittin' some game at the hard 5.9/10-ish chick at customer services probably didn't hurt either, hehe. Good luck everyone.

I've had Sleeping Dogs since launch, and have been raving about it since.

It is perfect for those that appreciate the HK undercover/triad movies.

Buying this game for as part of this deal is a no brainer.

[quote name='Shadowsteal123']I'm thinking about photoshopping the ad to get madden 13 :X[/QUOTE]

Or just trade a DSII to GS and walk out with a used Madden 13 thanks to the $10 off coupon.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Or just trade a DSII to GS and walk out with a used Madden 13 thanks to the $10 off coupon.[/QUOTE]

Madden has online pass though.

[quote name='Vigilante']Dude, I agree--it's been a long time since I've had this much fun playing an open-world game. It probably helps that I freaking love Chinese action movies (especially the Infernal Affairs trilogy, from which SD takes a lot of influence :applause:).[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I put in a good five hours into it today and I'm worried I'm going to play it too much and it'll be over too soon.

[quote name='Shadowsteal123']what makes you think we live remotely near each other? :X[/QUOTE]

It worked for me at BB, got Madden and Darksiders 2 BB Limited.

I already know my BB won't price match, they never do. It takes them 20 minutes to do routine price matches. They need to call the store and wait on hold then triple check the site online to see if it is in stock. They always come back over to me and go "sorry for the delay, if I don't follow procedure, the manager will have my ass." It's such a stingy BB, I hate it.

I'd try at Walmart, but mine is OOS apparently. Might just skip this deal or wait until my TRU gets more in stock.

bread's done
Back