2 former KOEI PS3 exclusives now also on 360, plus Armored Core 4

[quote name='FLSHADOW74']I had read in my CGM last month that the new Metal Gear
will also be on 360.[/quote]

That was a rumor, not fact.

[quote name='Rozz']That was a rumor, not fact.[/QUOTE]
Thats true, its only a rumor. But, these other 3 games I mentioned have been confirmed by MS, no speculation here.

To be more specific about the rumor (and the reason why these games and Assassin's Creed have gone from PS3 exclusive to multiplatform) is that PS3's middleware, that is, the software Sony gives developers to make games for their system, really, really sucks, and its driving costs up big time for PS3 games. Contrast that with Microsoft Visual Studio, which everyone and their brother uses. This is Xbox 360's true strength, Microsoft is a software company, first and foremost, and they were already making the industry standard coding suite for years before this. Their development software for 360 is very, very good.

MGS's budget in particular is supposedly through the roof, and they're considering recovering some of those costs by going multiplatform, which won't cost that much more in comparison.

getting some shitty koei games and getting MGS4 are two totally different things. Koei has not released any game worth buying in the past 5 years or so. They have all be rehashes of previous versions every 1/2 year.

[quote name='Zoglog']getting some shitty koei games and getting MGS4 are two totally different things. Koei has not released any game worth buying in the past 5 years or so. They have all be rehashes of previous versions every 1/2 year.[/QUOTE]
I'm not that thrilled about Fatal Intertia, but Bladestorm looks interesting. Its certainly a period of history and a style of warfare that videogames have traditionally not covered. Could be Koei returning to its roots... Or it could be Koei rehashing the Dynasty Warriors 5 engine.

Saiyuki wasn't bad, but yeah, they mostly deal in rehashes these days.

[quote name='stainremover']if fatal inertia is going to be on 360, does that mean it's six-axis use for the ps3 is just a gimmick?[/QUOTE]
This'll be a good opportunity to find out.

I wish some "bigger" games would go multi-platform, MGS for example would be awesome, then I could save some green by not buying a PS3 and spend it on more precious video games.

[quote name='E_G_Man']I wish some "bigger" games would go multi-platform, MGS for example would be awesome, then I could save some green by not buying a PS3 and spend it on more precious video games.[/QUOTE]
Yes it tis a shame that gears of war and Halo don't go multiplatform as well...

bread's done
Back