2 free games on PSN Store

rpmboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Back to the Future Ep. 1 and Blue Toad Murder Files Ep. 1 on PSN Store are free. I found them under Weekly Specials, so probably only this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem guys, i found out that (A) They are advertised no where in the store and (B) that even the PS Blog store up date doesn't mention them (as far as i know). Wow Sony. :p

Blue Toad is always free, I think. Or perhaps they just make it free periodically. Either way, I downloaded it for free a few weeks ago. I can't really say I care about getting trophies, but if you do, these ones are insanely easy to get.

@ZombieToast Yes Blue Toad has been free before, this is the second or third time. I saw it once before but did'nt grab it (offer expired)

Thanks for posting original post. Though of course it's my luck that I can't get them because the "Playstation Network is currently undergoing maintenance"??.... :wall:

[quote name='NismoZ32']Thanks for posting original post. Though of course it's my luck that I can't get them because the "Playstation Network is currently undergoing maintenance"??.... :wall:[/QUOTE]

I am getting the same error too. lol. :roll: ugh.

@NismoZ32 No problem and Network is under maintenance here too..just gotta wait it out
Edit: Had this on reddit but no redditors care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so those who like to have a high completion score know before they play them, the Back to the Future episodes are separate small games, while the Blue Toad episodes are just fragments of one game.

Guess I'll go download BTTF since it's free. I already have a free copy that I have on my PC that I never got around to, but hey free is free. Thanks again OP!

[quote name='TealPavelski']I tried downloading this and all it downloads is an unlock key. How do I download the Full Game?

Thanks for any help![/QUOTE]

Download the demo, the Unlock key should automatically apply itself.

[quote name='eau']Are they some kind of game demo for free?[/QUOTE]

100% free, though they are just the first "Episode" of many more. You can get trophies if you care.

Thanks OP.

If anyone is wondering, the Blue Toad files aren't that bad. Simple easy puzzles. Easy few trophies.

The Back to the Future stuff is awful. Clunky walking controls, crappy camera, and the content is incredibly long and boring. I'm not a fan of back to the future. It just wasn't for me. If you're not a fan, I'd avoid it.

[quote name='mariska']If you're not a fan, I'd avoid it.[/QUOTE]
That should be a given. If you don't like the movies, there's no reason to like the game. If you like the movies, the game is enjoyable. Just like magic.

[quote name='mariska']Thanks OP.

If anyone is wondering, the Blue Toad files aren't that bad. Simple easy puzzles. Easy few trophies.

The Back to the Future stuff is awful. Clunky walking controls, crappy camera, and the content is incredibly long and boring. I'm not a fan of back to the future. It just wasn't for me. If you're not a fan, I'd avoid it.[/QUOTE]

I am a huge fan of the BttF series and I absolutely loved the 5 episodes. Overall, all 5 chapters take about 11-12 hours to complete total, but the entire experience is incredible for a fan of the series. I found the content and dialogue very intriguing, so much that I went through all of the dialog choices just to learn about the characters. They really brought the characters to life and even though it has been over a month since I finished the series, I still can not get these games out of my head. Highly recommended for fans!

Is this stand alone free or free when you purchase the bundle? All I can find on PSN is the bundle.

Got a question regarding BttF. It says in the download description that the other episodes will be downloaded later on. Does this mean it's gonna force me to buy them? Or is this leftover from back when you could pre-order it before it came out?

bread's done
Back